Forum › I am not a Succubus! discussion

joined Oct 10, 2016

THE HELL?! IT GOT ACTIVE AGAIN?! I've already unsubbed from this one.

We're already so close that I've gotten a kiss on the most important spot

( ಠ_ಠ)

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/i_am_not_a_succubus_ch02#31

WHY YUO SO STUPID?!

last edited at Aug 1, 2018 7:23AM

Best Mangaka Rohan
25dfc3e30a88f17394a8d2037430b766
joined Dec 13, 2016

Finally an update

joined Mar 31, 2013

So she got tired right after the kiss, enough that she fell asleep/passed out.

More foreshadowing that she really is a succubus?

joined Oct 14, 2016

If she got better after that kiss and no sickness she maybe really a succubus maybe her family just didn't tell her something like that.

GiantEnemyShark
Stupidruby
joined Dec 30, 2017

A new chapter...!

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

I wasn't the biggest fan of the first chapter, probably because I expected this to go as a typical harem series, with only ever some "accidents" but nobody actually doing anything - but stuff's happening. Definitely a positive surprise.

Tsw118
joined Feb 27, 2015

And good luck to Ropponmatsu on the unfortunate turn of events. By my calculations, about 60 people would have to chime in into ordering one 200 pages volume to get the price per person to usual 10$.

Untitled-2
joined Aug 17, 2014

Is a life! The series is alive!!!

joined Jan 11, 2018

Yeah she's going to totally end up being a succubus.

Images%20(2)
joined Feb 9, 2016

Roppomatsu: I am not sure how it works but, why don't you upload your translated manga to sites with ads? I am not sure if you'd get a revenue but my guess is you will, and I have seen some mexican translators doing it.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Did anyone else find the bit with her eating the cream bun or whatever it was kinda revolting rather than erotic?

While I prefer monster girls who are a lot more girl and less monster, and ignoring the fact some of the designs are really silly and they wouldn't even be able to feed themselves, I have mostly enjoyed it so far.

Nodoyue_avatar1
joined Aug 7, 2017

Man, Horitomo can't be more obvious in telegraphing that Sakura really is a succubus who's simply ignorant about her true nature, evidently because her folks were either ignorant themselves (maybe she was adopted as a baby?) or deliberately hid it from them.

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

For some reason I kinda like the osananajimi trio, particularly the casual bickering between the centaur and the snake girl.
and definitely not because I keep wondering how they'd have sex ( ´ 3 `)

What's the big mystery?

They both have hands, don't they?

Both of you need to wait until Succu-chan explains to them how to have sex! She's the expert!

(everyone puts their chin in their palms and stares at the succubus).

Download202001sdsfsfdsfsdfdsfdsfs02154639
joined Apr 18, 2016

She'd put "real" succubi to shame.

joined Jul 26, 2016

-- and ignoring the fact some of the designs are really silly and they wouldn't even be able to feed themselves, --

Eh, even Hayate has opposable thumbs and her design is far and away the most questionable in multiple respects.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

^ its not a thumb but a little claw thingy - and even if it can go up and down, without other fingers to work with all it can do is trap something smallish against her wing bone joint - you'd have very little control. No way could she use a pen well, or get dressed or do loads of things..

And I don't get why the silly design in the first place - whats wrong with wings from her back/shoulders, and arms too - like every other winged humanoid ever?

last edited at Aug 1, 2018 1:28PM

joined Jul 26, 2016

^ its not a thumb but a little claw thingy - and even if it can go up and down, without other fingers to work with all it can do is trap something smallish against her wing bone joint - you'd have very little control. No way could she use a pen well, or get dressed or do loads of things..

That's presumably based on the alula which in real (flying) birds is used for fine aerodynamic control and is anatomically analogous to the thumb; some also have a claw on it and use it as a perihensile climbing aid when young. Bats use their thumbs rather similarly.

Obviously her manual dexterity ought to be the pits and it's hard to see her having a very firm grip with that setup, but a manipulator is a manipulator. (Real birds use their beaks and feet as sometimes startlingly dexterous manipulators instead.)

And I don't get why the silly design in the first place - whats wrong with wings from her back/shoulders, and arms too - like every other winged humanoid ever?

That actually raises a bunch of issues with the skeleton (not that the centaur didn't have bigger ones...), but more to the point, harpies have been very consistently depicted that way from the very beginning. I have a bigger beef with the design of her limbs themselves as they're pretty shoddy takes on avian wings and legs in the first place.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

elevown posted:

Idk, because she is harpy?

(winged arms are like their characteristic feature)

joined Jul 26, 2016

P much. It's sirens that were all over the place in the degree and configuration of avian features.

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

I completely forgot about this, can't believe the first chapter came out a year ago, time went by so fast

Nishiki%20gosu%20rori%20dark%20hair%20sm
joined Jan 11, 2015

To whoever donated: Thank you so much!

@Jess
I'm not sure how things like that would work, but I'm also not the only member of Kouyuri, so it wouldn't be right for me to monetise our releases.

ON TOPIC:
I'm more impressed that Hayate is able to fly even though her chest muscles appear positively tiny.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

I get that she is a harpy monster girl, but a harpy is a monster in the full sense, and I assume must have none human teeth or they couldn't prey upon and eat creatures either - but monster girls like this, who are part of a society, live in a house, wear clothes, write notes, use computers, eat regular food? etc etc - I'd expect some concessions to practicality.

Imagine if centaurs had no hands and arms, just a human head? They couldn't possibly develop - couldn't make tools, buildings, clothes - anything. Same here - just not to the same degree. That's fine if you just have them as magical beings summoned from where ever - but not if you are having complex developed societies of them.

@ Ropponmatsu I didnt want to even get into that as well lol - her chest and shoulder muscles are way too small as are her wings, for her to fly on physics alone. I was just gonna let them get away with it and assume it is mostly magic that lets her fly - like Aya from Touhou or any other character with wings that are 10 times smaller than needed - unless they are meant to be ridiculously light.

Anyways that's enough on that point for me lol - it wasn't exactly a major point I have any investment in - if you are fine with her design then that's cool.

last edited at Aug 1, 2018 4:50PM

Nishiki%20gosu%20rori%20dark%20hair%20sm
joined Jan 11, 2015

[...] Imagine if centaurs had no hands and arms, just a human head? They couldn't possibly develop - couldn't make tools, buildings, clothes - anything. [...]

Hmmm...

joined Jul 26, 2016

I get that she is a harpy monster girl, but a harpy is a monster in the full sense, and I assume must have none human teeth or they couldn't prey upon and eat creatures either - but monster girls like this, who are part of a society, live in a house, wear clothes, write notes, use computers, eat regular food? etc etc - I'd expect some concessions to practicality.

Imagine if centaurs had no hands and arms, just a human head? They couldn't possibly develop - couldn't make tools, buildings, clothes - anything. Same here - just not to the same degree. That's fine if you just have them as magical beings summoned from where ever - but not if you are having complex developed societies of them.

Again, she does have functional manipulators. Two sets in fact, which is one more than Homo Sapiens Sapiens boasts. Not gonna be making a career in fields that require fine manual dexterity obviously but division of labour is a thing going back to the Stone Age so eh.

@ Ropponmatsu I didnt want to even get into that as well lol - her chest and shoulder muscles are way too small as are her wings, for her to fly on physics alone. I was just gonna let them get away with it and assume it is mostly magic that lets her fly - like Aya from Touhou or any other character with wings that are 10 times smaller than needed - unless they are meant to be ridiculously light.

It's not just that the associated muscles plain aren't there, that's not how flight feathers on avian wings are placed D:
...which is one of my many gripes with her design in general and limbs in particular. Her leg proportions are also all kind of iffy though that might be more related to the artist having issues with body proportions in general...

__remilia_scarlet_touhou_drawn_by_kameyan__79633e04034b3c99d7cf88e4370ce72e
joined Apr 28, 2014

Yeah, lifting more than twice your body weight while flying should result in one swole pigeon. It's a shame, I always love when a series tackles mythical or magical stories from a perspective of pure anatomy or science. That and Harpy-chan here could have had a really cool juxtaposition of bubbly cuteness and fuckin' ripped back and upper arm muscles. Moe dissonance!

All that being said, yeah, this artist doesn't seem like he has the best idea of how to draw solid musculature or definition, hence all the characters being 90% 'squish' sound effects and soft corners.

Also agree that she's totes a succubus, if the early and constant illness wasn't a tipoff Harpy passing out after kissing certainly is. Liking the hard yuri in chapter 2, no beating around the bush on that one.

Hang on Roppon, I can throw some change your way to support the cause.

last edited at Aug 1, 2018 7:09PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.