Forum › The Flower And The Star discussion

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Rereading this again and I couldn't help but feel bad for Chika. Amusing as Hanai is, she isn't protagonist material and her feelings felt somewhat shallow.

Wish there was a continuation with Chika as protagonist so she could get her happy ending.

230px-ray_the_animation
joined Feb 2, 2013

i wanted to reread a long yuri manga, i was thinking to sasameki, but i'm happy i choose this,

the confession...., that line: i'm this weird because i like you" is perfect, i don't know if it's original because i don't usually read shoio, but it's simply perfect, and the rare smiles of yoshino are the cutest

2_copy
joined Jan 27, 2015

Really dislike how Chika turned out, put a real damper on an otherwise good manga. I kinda feel bad because it seems she went legitimately insane.

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

I love this manga, but the finger on the very first page weirded me out for the longest time that I actually put this off for a while. That said, this series is very cute, and I'm glad it's here as one of the very first yuri I've read.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

and I'm glad it's here as one of the very first yuri I've read.

This is the very first yuri manga published in my country xD I bought it without even knowing the plot, just cos it was yuri and I regretted nothing! XD

last edited at Jul 3, 2015 1:58PM

Image62
joined Feb 28, 2015

I love this manga, but the finger on the very first page weirded me out

God dammit. Now I can't focus on anything else.

last edited at Sep 15, 2015 7:38AM

Oh%20hoh%20hoh%20hoh
joined Jul 15, 2015

This and "Notes From The Garden Of Lilies" make for good rereading material.

Make it rerererereading

Amen. I'm going the rounds with these two again. I think I'll also give Prism another read while I'm at it.

I've lost count how many times I've read these.
These are probably my personal favourite yuri mangas. Also Ootomo Megane's Green.

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

Probably an unpopular opinion, but I don't hate Chika. She isn't getting much feelings of antagonism from me, given how clear it is she doesn't have a chance with Hoshino at all, and despite how forceful she was at times, I feel deep sympathy for her pain. Chapter 9, her second rejection, was the angstiest chapter of this series. If she had been the main character, despite the way she went about it, the readers would have probably been more understanding and sympathetic.
This is one of my favourite yuri manga, one I was following in 2011, came back 2-3 years later. I'm glad it was completely scanned, would have wished for some chapters to flesh out Hanai's feelings more. The confused relationship between Hanai and Hoshino is simply wonderful, a great pleasure to read. Definitely one to reread. If licensed and released in English, I'd definitely spit out the money I do not have to buy it. 10/10 would read again <3

last edited at Nov 8, 2015 4:08AM

5b3c524e-e066-4eaf-8e5f-ae4e37b5edda
joined Jan 18, 2016

This one, it's soooo cute!
But i'm sad that i never saw an real kiss...

Top%20tier
joined May 13, 2015

This and "Notes From The Garden Of Lilies" make for good rereading material.

Make it rerererereading

same, i reread those stories once in a while

La Aoi Beau Chico
Boy%20blue
joined Oct 9, 2016

i won't lie, i vigorously slapped my head against a table in the beginning and middle of the story.
Towards to end I tended my wounds and found happiness.

Best Mangaka Rohan
25dfc3e30a88f17394a8d2037430b766
joined Dec 13, 2016

This manga will always hold a special place in my heart. One of my early yuri manga reading.

The nostalgia!

One of the best yuri manga out there.

3922b6fc-91bc-46dc-8bbb-25b4c3b6bbb2-min%202
joined Jun 30, 2017

Rereading this manga after a looong time and it's just as good as I remember it being. Although it's quite short and I wish it was longer so I could see more of these characters, it's the perfect length for the story it is.

One of my favourites!

Lomographic Colored Past
74ec91ae-b46c-44be-9b5e-7c40e1fb423d
joined Dec 29, 2016

I checked for the author's other works but couldn't find anything new, is she/he still active? I hope the author creates more new yuri manga. Onegaishimasu Sensei!

Capture%20_2018-03-05-21-59-51~2_resized
joined Apr 28, 2016

Reading this a second time impresses me even more. The anatomy can be scratchy at times and the certain points the dialogue is awkward. But the art has a very distinct and engaging character about it that feeds into the narrative very well. And while the story saddles up with some very well-worn romance tropes, it takes some surprising turns with them to very interesting places.

last edited at Jul 19, 2017 1:05AM

Sin%20t%c3%adtulo-min
joined Sep 28, 2011

Hey! Look what's featured! I'll always have a place in my heart for this manga

Girl%20with%20a%20black%20cat%20avatar
joined Dec 27, 2015

I'm glad that Dynasty featured this manga. I've reread a number of times, still love all the emotions and confusion that a one sided love can create.
And I love playing table tennis. Would have loved to see a real kiss though.

UranusAndNeptuneAreJustCousins
joined Sep 6, 2015

Featured series, nice. This is one of my all-time favourites.
Wish the ending was slightly better, though, the senpai got a decent and heartfelt closure, the annoying guy was rejected, only for both of these characters resurrecting their advances on main protagonists in a classically silly manga way. Could have done without that, especially since it kind of ruined the senpai's rejection, which was really nicely done, one of my favourite scenes in this manga.

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

I love this manga, but the finger on the very first page weirded me out

God dammit. Now I can't focus on anything else.

Looks like she's Extra terrestrial
But I like your profile picture lol

Img_8812564559060
joined Oct 6, 2015

Rereading reminds me how I love light manga. One that has fluff and substance. <3

53229346_p8_master1200
joined Jan 19, 2016

i can't believe i've never read this before omg... i'm so glad i was recommended this, there's just so much about it that i love... i sincerely wish this was longer because there's so much potential for the athletic side of it (like where are our girls sports anime hello??) and if the scenes were longer they'd be able to do a lot more... and also cause i want to see hanai and hoshino become even closer <333 they're just too cute ahhh

joined Sep 12, 2014

Rereading this again and I couldn't help but feel bad for Chika. Amusing as Hanai is, she isn't protagonist material and her feelings felt somewhat shallow.

Wish there was a continuation with Chika as protagonist so she could get her happy ending.

me too. Actually I really hope that Chika and Haru could be together. Just don't like the way Hanai and Haru's realationship began somehow.....it's kinda weird for me....

joined Jan 5, 2018

This was Beautiful I loved every moment of it <3

Img_1317
joined Jan 19, 2015

I read this whenever I'm down :,) always manages to warm my heart

joined Jun 28, 2018

I got a fever... And the only prescription, is more genki!

To reply you must either login or sign up.