Forum › Kimi wa Shoujo discussion

herenowforever
Singeraigenerated
joined Feb 11, 2018

I admit I scanned through this chapter really quickly to see if things would get better (Kousaka being led away in handcuffs). Nope. Just a slap, OMG I'M CLEAR ALL OF A SUDDEN, I LOVE YOU, and more sex. I think it's time I leave this one alone and read other stuff. It's just too painful (and stupid to boot). This author has her head shoved firmly up her ass. I like her artwork so it's a shame. :/

That would be a horrible ending, because it would hurt Maki as well. The place they live in is small and rumors spread quickly, so she would be branded as a lesbian slut as soon as it came out that Kousaka had sex with under aged teen and she'd just have to endure it for years. She has to wait at least 2 years before she can even think about moving away from the village for high school somewhere else.

As much as I'd like to be a guardian of morals, it's likely the best solution for Kousaka to just bail out of the village quickly and let Maki get on with her life.

"Did nobody else notice the part where Kousaka said that she had been in the same position as Jinno before?"

Yes. I'm sure part of this was that she encountered a similar situation she had been in earlier in her life and she kind of relived it here in a different role. It's also possible she had eventually decided that she had enjoyed it herself back in the day, so she got carried away with projecting her feelings on Kousaka just based on her talk about "wanting to be an adult already".

last edited at May 29, 2018 10:49PM

joined Dec 8, 2017

tragic story of a lesbian with a mental illness that results in her ruining the lives of young girls because she is unable to resist her predatory urges.

joined Nov 27, 2017

You don't slap a child that is telling you to stay away.......wtf

Sin%20t%c3%adtulo
joined Apr 24, 2014

disappeared? what? D:

Untitled
joined Dec 16, 2014

yo wtf...im done

joined Dec 28, 2016

Well the plot of this just isn't good, regardless of all the other things people say about it. You don't need to insert personal baggage into this plot to see that it's not well done.

Fetish%20notebook%20lsmol
joined May 20, 2013

I'm intrigued and want to see where this goes.

This biting thing is interesting--and I don't mean by manner of preference. I wonder if there's some sort of figurative/metaphoric meaning to it. Probably not, but I have a feeling.

themusicman500
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

On the subject of whether the relationship in this story is being depicted positively or not, I'd say no, but with a caveat. The author is presenting an obviously disgusting and awful thing, but leaving open the question of whether there's some beauty to be found in it too despite the awfulness. It's a theme that Gen Urobochi explores a lot in his works.

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

So many people in this forum get way too riled up way too easily. If you don't like it then don't read it.

(Oh and the idea that people at 17.999 years old can't consent and then suddenly once you're 18 you can consent and do literally anything is utter stupidity. "Able to consent" is a spectrum that's different for every person. Some people shouldn't be consenting even at 20 years old.)

Jinno-san is 13, and she was so naive that she had no clue she even had sex. I would say she was to young to consent. Look I understand where you are coming from, with the "you don't like it don't read it" argument. The issue of whether Jinno-san was raped or not, seems a cut and dried yes, though.
I think you should cut the people complaining, a little slack on this one. There is alot of elements to this story that make people uncomfortable.

last edited at May 30, 2018 2:48AM

joined Apr 27, 2017

I, for one, can't wait to see what happens next. There's literally nothing I like about this series, but I want to see how bad it gets.

joined Sep 1, 2017

Yeah. The adult seduced a virgin girl into her house and raped her, then slapped her, had sex and run away again. Even the author tried to make it look like romantical unforbidden love, in my opinion I can see only a pedophile and girl with stockholm syndrome. If the woman are man instead, the ending might be a girl get pregnant. This manga will be a shitty hentai.

Everything else aside, blaming Jinno's behavior on "Stockholm Syndrome" is pretty bizarre. She had sex with the woman once, and then neither saw her or spoke to her for days or weeks afterwards, yet continued to long for her. That's not Stockholm Syndrome. It's so far from Stockholm Syndrome that I don't even know why you'd bring that into the conversation. Was she held captive for an extended period of time? No. Did her survival depend solely on the good will of her captor? No. Did her captor offer her "rewards" (such as not being beaten) in exchange for good behavior? No. Might as well say that Jinno's behavior is due to Munchhausen syndrome by proxy for all the relevance it has.

Even calling what happened "rape" is somewhat questionable, except in that it would obviously be statutory rape as defined in many jurisdictions. Rape occurs when someone is subjected to sex against their will and without their consent. From what we saw, Jinno didn't consent (plus it's questionable whether she was even capable of giving consent, based on her age). But it seemed to be something that she did willingly, based on the fact that she was trying to get closer to Kousaka beforehand and afterwards she sought to do it again (though since we got only a few panels of the act itself, it's impossible to say for certain what her mindset was at the time).

Clearly what Kousaka did was both illegal and wrong. But when it comes to Jinno's mindset, we as readers can see into her mind and it's very obvious that she's genuinely attracted to Kousaka and desires to be with her.

There is an attraction that develops between a rape victom, and their rapist, it happens when the victom is young and naive . I saw it on one of those magazine shows, like Dateline, or 20/20. It's one of the ways pimps enslave young runaways. I don't think that's what the author was going for, though.

joined Sep 25, 2015

Another good chapter. I wish they turned down the sex a little bit and just focus more on their twisted relationship.

joined Sep 1, 2017

I like this story, and I hate the fact that I like this story. Honestly, if you add 3 or 4 years to Jinno-san's age, take away the consent issues of Kousaka-san and Jinno-san's first time, this would be a dirty cute story about forbidden love and coming of age. I desperately want to see it that way, but the author keeps making choices to make it hard to accept it that way.

last edited at May 30, 2018 2:50AM

sweetjalapeno15
Ne
joined Nov 21, 2017

Maybe she should google pedophilia and rape next.

this is a mood

Images%20(7)
joined Nov 22, 2017

I believe that after the drama she'll be with the glasses girl
It's obvious that kousaka didn't love her because of the way she acts when jinno confess, maybe she's just ~the maniac of the forest~

sweetjalapeno15
Ne
joined Nov 21, 2017

I feel uncomfortable with this one. This girl is underage and innocent. When the manga showed that she doen’t even know about sex make it seem worse. Rape and pedophile is bad even it is for yuri.

But that did not look like compulsion.

It doesn't need to be compulsion to be rape. The young lady was not in any faculty to give consent because she knew nothing of what was happening. That's rape

thank

sweetjalapeno15
Ne
joined Nov 21, 2017

Don't like it, don't read it.

I'll read it if I want to read it. And whether I like it or not isn't what this discussion is about (at least not entirely). I felt compelled to talk about this particular manga because it really disturbed me. Anyway, your smug reaction doesn't really add anything to this conversation.

the smiling raindrop knows what's good

sweetjalapeno15
Ne
joined Nov 21, 2017

First two chapters gave me a creepy supernatural vibe.
Creepy, rapey, age-gap yuri is so good! I love this!

Do you think rape is hot or something?

joined Sep 1, 2017

'And a special acknowledgment to the author of Niven's Law: "There is a technical, literary term for those who mistake the opinions and beliefs of characters in a novel for those of the author. The term is 'idiot'."'
- S.M. Stirling, quoted on Wikipedia

Okay that's not entirely true. Authors have been using their "fictional" characters to express their own views and opinions since the dawn of writing.

last edited at May 30, 2018 4:44AM

joined Feb 9, 2015

Rape fantasies can be pretty hot, yeah. As well as a lot of other fetishes that exist in a "2D environment", so to speak. Hence why cheap erotica, whether we're talking about books, games or movies, is popular.

KangaNoodles
_20180228_203946
joined Jan 24, 2018

This manga got the comments section blowing up! I like the story so far, how this older lady is sweeping this girl up into her own pace and putting her into adult scenarios is a mystery to me so far and I wanna find out why she's doing it. Looks like more drama ahead!

Cs4_cover
joined Jul 13, 2015

Is not rape, the girl was seduce to do thing that she doesn´t know but it was clearly allowed.

Img-20190201-wa0005
joined Sep 21, 2015

Rape fantasies can be pretty hot, yeah. As well as a lot of other fetishes that exist in a "2D environment", so to speak. Hence why cheap erotica, whether we're talking about books, games or movies, is popular.

I myself hate rape with all my might but I admit that I have dreams about being raped by a girl of course, being tied up and stuff (and I seem to enjoy it in the dream).. like, what the fuck brain. I heard of lots of people who have those sort of fantasizes, must be something psychological, dunno.

last edited at May 30, 2018 7:59AM

joined Feb 9, 2015

I myself hate rape with all my might but I admit that I have dreams about being raped by a girl of course, being tied up and stuff (and I seem to enjoy it in the dream).. like, what the fuck brain. I heard of lots of people who have those sort of fantasizes, must be something psychological, dunno.

Your brain just finds (semi)forceful sex that happens "without your consent" (even though you're clearly into it and don't mind it in the slightest) hot. That's essentially the basis for most rape fantasies. I doubt anybody really fantasizes about getting beat up and brutally raped, by "rape fantasies" most people mean exactly what you described — "I'm getting sexed roughly against (but not really) my will by a person I find sexually attractive in a way that doesn't lead to any trauma or long-term mental or physical health consequences".

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Symphogeah posted:

There is difference between fantasies about rape or even role playing rape scenario with someone and actual rape. Most people never actually imagine real rape, but rather a idealized version of it. Being taken control of, someone being a bit rougher with you, someone being obsessed with you to the point of losing reason. I guess it is similar to what submissive people look in bdsm. The point is, none of it is nowhere near what it is like in reality. I'm pretty sure nobody actually wants to be raped.

EDIT/ Got Shen'ed, but yea pretty much what Gralwer said. People seems to misunderstand what "rape fantasies" are all about.

last edited at May 30, 2018 8:22AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.