Forum › Posts by Gralwer

joined Feb 9, 2015

There's no basis to believe that the entire captivity thing happens, as there is no evidence in neither the author's Twitter nor Pixiv.

It's not on Twitter nor Pixiv because it happens in the volume that's sold digitally. Here's your evidence.

joined Feb 9, 2015

I want an alternate version of the last page where it's showing the view from 180 degrees, so we can see that the blonde is wearing a hair pin now.

Sorry to disappoint, but that's just a translation mistake. Glasses is talking about Hermann Hesse (ヘルマンヘッセ), not hairpins, because she's a massive book nerd. I've submitted a corrected version, so hopefully it'll be fixed soon.

last edited at Feb 20, 2023 4:39AM

joined Feb 9, 2015

"and Betelguese" is obviously what the title is saying

The title refers to binary star systems — systems that consist of two "companion" stars that orbit around each other. Sirius, Procyon and Aldebaran are all binary star systems.

joined Feb 9, 2015

jintor posted:
Also, "There're Weird Noises Coming From the Room Next Door" looks hideous. Don't even get me started on "There Are Weird Voices Coming From the Room Next Door!"

"There Are Weird Voices Coming From the Room Next Door!" looks perfectly fine and is grammatically correct.

Gralwer
Toufu discussion 26 Dec 01:19
joined Feb 9, 2015

Norainhere posted:

I'm pretty sure this is the wrong author. The current one's Twitter is https://twitter.com/toufu_53, while the one listed in the credits is https://twitter.com/hukin_ame. Also toufu_53 doesn't draw Symphogear, so yeah.

"Toufu" (とうふ) is how that artist's listed in the credits and on the personal page.

last edited at Dec 26, 2019 1:41AM

Gralwer
Dear NOMAN discussion 04 Oct 13:45
joined Feb 9, 2015

Lilliwyt posted:
I could have agree if she wasn't a crow. Crows are relatively smart birds.

Not as smart as humans, not capable of the same logical thinking, and on top of that, her being a crow means she has even fewer reasons to trust humans, considering they're an entirely different species. If out of my two close encounters with some alien race one ended up with me getting my arms and legs chopped off by a cheap paper trimmer, I'd be upset as well.

Gralwer
Dear NOMAN discussion 04 Oct 13:36
joined Feb 9, 2015

Lilliwyt posted:

That's still stupid thinking, you can't blame all humans because one human kill you. She can be mad against the one she kill her yes and that's normal but getting mad over everyone because of one individual is too much of an amalgam.

She is a literal birdbrain.

last edited at Oct 4, 2019 1:37PM

Gralwer
Dear NOMAN discussion 31 Jul 13:29
joined Feb 9, 2015

MarqFJA87 posted:

Don't why they're doing that when they don't mind their other stuff being uploaded her. They even link to the Dynasty Scans pages on the /u/ thread for the group!

First 17 chapters of Bocchi Kaibutsu were done by two different groups, one or both of which, apparently, didn't want their stuff to be uploaded to Dynasty. The rest is done by /u/, who don't mind it being uploaded here, but there's no point in uploading only half of the manga.

Gralwer
joined Feb 9, 2015

I myself hate rape with all my might but I admit that I have dreams about being raped by a girl of course, being tied up and stuff (and I seem to enjoy it in the dream).. like, what the fuck brain. I heard of lots of people who have those sort of fantasizes, must be something psychological, dunno.

Your brain just finds (semi)forceful sex that happens "without your consent" (even though you're clearly into it and don't mind it in the slightest) hot. That's essentially the basis for most rape fantasies. I doubt anybody really fantasizes about getting beat up and brutally raped, by "rape fantasies" most people mean exactly what you described — "I'm getting sexed roughly against (but not really) my will by a person I find sexually attractive in a way that doesn't lead to any trauma or long-term mental or physical health consequences".

Gralwer
joined Feb 9, 2015

Do you think rape is hot or something?

Rape fantasies can be pretty hot, yeah. As well as a lot of other fetishes that exist in a "2D environment", so to speak. Hence why cheap erotica, whether we're talking about books, games or movies, is popular.

Gralwer
joined Feb 9, 2015

I'm more concerned about how McStabyokids threatened to kill herself by plunging blunt-tipped kids' scissors into her neck. Might as well use a spoon if you want to go down that route.

Gralwer
joined Feb 9, 2015

The comparison stands in that Otome games are usually about a female protagonist going for a male character in a romance route.

Yes, and they state outright what possible romance options you'll be able to pursue. There are also generally warnings for any kind of unusual content (although Japan being Japan, H-scenes in nukige can have dubious consent here and there because "true love" and all that).

A yuri route in those is just as "out of place" as a het route in a yuri game because it's not the intented point of the game.

I'm not talking about it being out of place or not. That's beside the point. I'm talking about the game being marketed as having a certain kind of content, so players rightfully expected only that content everywhere. Even in optional routes.

I personnally have no interest in that game, mostly because the protagonist doesn't appeal to me in the slightest, but I have no issue with the content itself for those who'll enjoy it.

As I said, fetish fuel is fine when it realizes that it's fetish fuel and doesn't try to pretend to be anything else. If the game was advertised as "mostly yuri but has a het scene or two because why the hell not, amirite?", people wouldn't have been surprised and annoyed by those scenes. Just like nobody is seriously pissed at games like Euphoria for having fucked up content, because people were warned about said content before they bought the game. And no, I'm not drawing parallels between Euphoria and Ladykiller, it was just the first "controversial" VN that I could remember.

Those VN stays VN no matter which route you go.

Yet the content changes.

If you don't like the FPS/RTS comparison, here's a different one. A game (not this one, just some game) was marketed as a slice of life fluff. There was no mention of anything but SoL while it was in development. However, after the release somebody found out that by choosing a certain route your protagonist turns from a regular bland adult into the Chosen One who bears the fate of the world on their shoulders and has to fulfil the ancient prophecy to save the world from two clans that... where was I again? Ah yes, a sudden shift in tone. Or a change in content that wasn't clearly shown in previews and demos.

False advertising is the problem, not the content itself.

last edited at Oct 12, 2016 5:00AM

Gralwer
joined Feb 9, 2015

If some avoidable content rubs you the wrong way, either skip it or don't get the game at all, it's not like you're forced into it

Prior to the game's release (and the following backlash) there was no mention of any het content, avoidable or not. It would be like, say, having an FPS that was marketed as an FPS suddenly turn into an RTS all of a sudden if you follow a specific route, only here it also has weird undertones, judging from I've seen.

Granted, I don't know what triggers the scene, nor do I know if there's an option to nope out of it. Point is, people aren't complaining because there's certain content in the game, they're complaining because the presence of this content was never made clear. Comparing it to otome games isn't exactly fair, since those tend to be pretty clear on what you can expect from them, often openly advertising all possible romance routes so people can have the good old "my waifu is better than your waifu" arguments even before the game itself is out. Fetish fuel is perfectly acceptable when it doesn't pretend to be anything other than fetish fuel.

last edited at Oct 12, 2016 4:07AM

joined Feb 9, 2015

The funny thing is that I was getting ready to complain about one sister being blonde and the other brunette

That's actually possible even between biologically related siblings. And not really that uncommon.
It's even possible for two brunette parents to have a blonde kid, biology is interesting that way.

Gralwer
joined Feb 9, 2015

Girls in Boxes

I hope I romanised it correctly...!

It's almost correct. Phonetically, "Alyonka/Aljonka" would've been better since "ё" after a consonant produces an [ɵ] sound and palatalizes the aforementioned consonant (technically, "лё" is supposed to sound like [lʲɵ], but I find it to be closer to [lɜː] in "learn", only softer).
But it's not like anybody cares about small details like that when there is drunken underage almost-groping just a couple of pages later.

Gralwer
joined Feb 9, 2015

I can see the author is very familiar with what Russians like in their sweets. I appreciate that. Not every artist does their research properly, that's some real dedication for you.

Gralwer
joined Feb 9, 2015

a fund to send pictures of vaginas to manga artists

I don't think people will appreciate getting pictures of aliens. Then again, I'm sure there is a fetish for this somewhere.

Gralwer
15Y+ discussion 04 Feb 06:40
joined Feb 9, 2015

elevown

I assume it's Korean?

It's Thai. So is Lily Love, for that matter.

Gralwer
joined Feb 9, 2015

is Kancolle worth watching?

watching

Only if you're really bored and desperately want to kill a few hours. The plot is all over the place (thanks to three different writers working on it), visuals are pretty average, and if you're looking for yuri, it's mostly subtext.

Gralwer
Image Comments 22 Sep 00:11
joined Feb 9, 2015

^ Both "Я люблю тебя" and "Я тебя люблю" are correct and commonly used. Russian syntax isn't as strict as, say, German or English. In most cases, especially so in shorter sentences, you can switch (some) words around without losing the meaning.

Gralwer
Duel! discussion 19 Sep 16:50
joined Feb 9, 2015

I have seen people do stranger things in public parks. Like having sex.

I mean, why not? You get all the pleasure of having sex while breathing in fresh air, listening to leaves rustling in the wind and birds chirping. And you get some insightful comments from passers-by that might help you improve your performance! Why would you not have sex in a public park?

Reading books, though, now that's just sick.

Gralwer
Duel! discussion 19 Sep 14:52
joined Feb 9, 2015

But, but. How do you draw a epic attacks then?

Step one: Draw your character.
Step two: Give your character a rapier.
Step three: Have your character drop their rapier and grab a nearby plasma gun.
Step four: Never draw rapiers again.

Gralwer
Duel! discussion 19 Sep 13:57
joined Feb 9, 2015

Well I'd say it is standard intimidating factor. Like pointing the tip of the sword into someone face. And let's be honest she is facing some shy girl, why should she bother to be on guard when just looking at her is enough to make her tremble?

It's not about Alice, it's about the other girl. Pointing your weapon in someone's direction is generally considered to be a bad thing (unless you're doing it in self-defence), whether it's a gun or a melee weapon. Especially this close. A (supposedly) professional fencer should know better than to point a sword at someone who isn't wearing protective gear.

last edited at Sep 19, 2015 1:58PM

Gralwer
joined Feb 9, 2015

Wait, who's the destroyer that's being paired with Kongou?

Fubuki, probably. Kongou doesn't really mention any destroyers in her in-game lines, so I'm guessing this pairing is based on the anime, and out of all destroyers there, Fubuki was the one she communicated with the most.
I've never watched it myself, though, so I might be wrong. I don't even know if anime-Fubuki was shown hiding in the corner and talking to herself.

last edited at Sep 18, 2015 11:35PM

joined Feb 9, 2015

WDTFS is rank 5 on Lezhin?!

Er, it's not even on the Top 100 list.