Forum › Hanakaku - The Last Girl Standing discussion

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

LexXxich posted:

Nina's fanbase is going to change a lot. Since people who liked her cute image and OHKO style will get severely disappointed in her actual self - a sadistic berserker. Of course, there are fans of that too.

Coincidentally she just provided them with a viable alternative too. Hanaka is far cuter and isn't a sadistic bitch.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Coincidentally she just provided them with a viable alternative too. Hanaka is far cuter and isn't a sadistic bitch.

True, but understated—there may not be anything in the universe cuter than Hana.

In her PJs, anyway.

Bd-9rivccaa0cut
joined Aug 10, 2015

SEEEERIOUSLY???

Smkrdb5kcvhg_wq4izmcf2mpp_pv4mkvlgohghl-kq8
joined Mar 13, 2018

Increasingly verbose.

I often salivate at the sight of those with power beyond my own.

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

What the hell is this Rocky 1?

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Is the butler going to murder the judge's family or what?
That futon... press F

last edited at May 22, 2018 9:10PM

AnAsianBrony
Pikachuwhat
joined Mar 13, 2014

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/hanakaku_the_last_girl_standing_ch18#18

Young Nina looked so innocent.

Edit: I thought Hana would lock in a choke and it would all be over. Now I have to handle the suspense of decision cliffhanger!? Oh, the humanity.

last edited at May 22, 2018 9:16PM

Espurr%20sparkle
joined May 30, 2013

Good rear naked choke is good rear naked choke. Highest percentage submission move in MMA and BJJ.

Watching this reminds me that a lot of times people get robbed from judges. What can you do? Hope Hana wins though, cause the stakes are so high it's almost uncharacteristic for an action manga.

joined Jun 30, 2016

Oh for fck sake! are they really going to let that bitch win? i swear if she wins because they bought the judges, im dropping this shit.

last edited at May 22, 2018 10:16PM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

BadPanda posted:

Oh for fck sake! are they really going to let that bitch win? i swear if she wins because they bought the judges, im dropping this shit.

There's only 2 more chapters left I think.

Bd-9rivccaa0cut
joined Aug 10, 2015

Like, the only way this could've been more of a cliff hanger is if the match had been held in a ring suspended between two cliffs, and the judge is gonna let go of the loser.

Ugggggh gotta gather the strength... to survive the wait...

I really wish there was more, this deserved to be a way longer series. =(

last edited at May 23, 2018 12:38AM

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

UGHHH CLIFFY?!?!

I really wish there was more, this deserved to be a way longer series. =(

Even though I'm sad it's ending, I think it did it's job and I'm pretty satisfied (I may eat my words depending on how the last 2 ends tho...).

It was a story of Hana believing that she could be strong and I think she's definitely proved that already so the message of the manga is already complete. If it went further, I can see it running into typical shounen problems with the "villain of the week" storylines and it'll eventually turn dull. I do wish it coulda been slightly longer to see some of the other characters fight and grow as well, but overall I'm happy.

last edited at May 23, 2018 12:54AM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Before this manga ends, I just want to say what I said back in the first chapters, is funny how the gym is called kya zoo and the girls have traits like animals, yeah I just noticed the zoo part.

Tumblr_inline_oxf1gj0pl71rjsbp5_400
joined Jun 23, 2017

Seriously?!! It just ends in two chapters?... Fuck that's sad, the potential was big!

I don't know like, what about the number one fighter's story (the flower <3)? What about big ear girls fights in tourney? Like, the author established a world, they teased a end goal with several level to passe and stuff... They teased a long story about mma and they stop right there... Why? :(

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

Yeah I think it definitely deserves some sort of sequel I think there is plenty of material for them to work with.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Klice posted:

Seriously?!! It just ends in two chapters?... Fuck that's sad, the potential was big!

I don't know like, what about the number one fighter's story (the flower <3)? What about big ear girls fights in tourney? Like, the author established a world, they teased a end goal with several level to passe and stuff... They teased a long story about mma and they stop right there... Why? :(

The most likely explanation is. It didn't sell well so got axed. Alternatively author only planned to go that far, but that is rarely the case.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Klice posted:

You shouldn't read Claymore then hahaha

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

Klice posted:

Don't trust it! You should totally read Claymore. None of those world building things happen until after the main story and plot points end and the author had to keep going. I mean, it did go on for like 5 volumes after that first ending if I remember right

last edited at May 23, 2018 10:46AM

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

Klice posted:

The most likely explanation is. It didn't sell well so got axed. Alternatively author only planned to go that far, but that is rarely the case.

This is why I read things like Comic Girls, Watashi no Taisetsu na Tomodachi etc. with such interest.

joined Jun 23, 2017

I already did and was a bit disappointed with how unexploited the whole plot was indeed... But it took so much time to complete, I admit I lost a bit of interest at the end :(

Commandershepard13
1071350_639308102760295_1399509523_o
joined Mar 24, 2014

I'd call Nina a cunt but she clearly lacks either the depth or the warmth to qualify.
Based on her behavior I think its probable she has narcissistic personality disorder: Believes others envy her, can't/refuses to empathize with others, grandiose sense of self-worth, believes she is inherently deserving of special treatment and that others are required to be obedient to her and becomes enraged when they don't kowtow to her perfectly, it fits like a glove.

last edited at May 24, 2018 2:36AM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

That wasn't really good. Just average.

I think the author has a future in horror manga though.

joined Jun 23, 2017

I beg to differ, loved the art, the story isn't stellar but that's not why I'm asking of a sport manga. The world, the characters they created around MMA, the way they did the fights, etc. And the two main girls are cute af. I thoroughly enjoyed and would've liked to see more :(

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I beg to differ, loved the art, the story isn't stellar but that's not why I'm asking of a sport manga. The world, the characters they created around MMA, the way they did the fights, etc. And the two main girls are cute af. I thoroughly enjoyed and would've liked to see more :(

Ham-STER! Ham-STER! Ham-STER!

(Sorry—I did it again, didn’t I?)

last edited at May 24, 2018 7:15AM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Did you read Teppu?

Even though the ending was too rushed, THAT's what I call an interesting manga about MMA.

Natsuo is the best sports manga character ever.

And you even have thick yuri subtext.

This one is a joke compared to it.

last edited at May 24, 2018 9:21AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.