Forum › The Rain and the Other Side of You discussion

Parnifia the Bastard
Chrome_2018-04-13_12-33-32-min%20(3)
joined Aug 4, 2014

You know, putting aside the abuse aspect, I would like to see more stories where the aggressive/assertive younger girl comes on too strong and gets turned down flat, making her reevaluate her approach.

UranusAndNeptuneAreJustCousins
joined Sep 6, 2015

Melon posted:

Also, I think a lot of readers are actually males (I don't know how many, but maybe a bit more than 50%? maybe someone has statistics).

I don't have a link handy but someone actually did a survey last year on the site's demographics and if I recall correctly it was close to 50-50 but weighted more to women than men.

https://dynasty-scans.com/forum/topics/12810-survey-on-yuri-fandom-demographics-updated-with-results

Also, abuse or no abuse, chapter 8 made me intensely dislike the middle schooler. I guess I get ticked off by people being/trying to be controlling of others.

Parnifia the Bastard
joined Aug 4, 2014

Also, abuse or no abuse, chapter 8 made me intensely dislike the middle schooler. I guess I get ticked off by people being/trying to be controlling of others.

I feel the same way. Although, in my case I disliked the girl's attitude since the very beginning.

KatzeDerNacht
08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

I like aggressive younger women , but not to that level O_o no one is stepping on my feet! betches!

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

Uguu as a 27 year old I find it incredibly creepy to be attracted to a middle schooler

AnimexObsession
Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

Omg when she kissed the teach but then backed down and got embarrassed herself, my heart almost stopped working unggg
Now the question if she was only acting embarrassed or really was. Like wtf is going through her head. Aaahhhhggg I wanna knowww

Images%20(18)
joined Oct 18, 2017

Now the question if she was only acting embarrassed or really was. Like wtf is going through her head. Aaahhhhggg I wanna knowww

I think, impulse. She wasn't thinking of anything except that the teacher is hers and no one has the right to lay their hands on the teacher. Simply put, jealousy and possessiveness at work.

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

That girl is so sinister I'm taking this as a horror story.

Images-1
joined Oct 5, 2013

I think I'm kinda tired of "weak-willed adult gets run around by surprisingly mature teenager" stories. Maybe it's just me.

Don't read then

Alright, mom.

Lmfao XD that made me laugh fsr. Seriously tho, dude was just givin his opinion, why's that guy gotta be such a dick about it?

Images-1
joined Oct 5, 2013

Uguu as a 27 year old I find it incredibly creepy to be attracted to a middle schooler

If you're attracted to someone, thats just how it is. Nobody's fault really. I mean if you find it creepy then you find it creepy, not your fault either lol. I was jus sayin 8P.

joined Nov 21, 2017

I think I don't like this middle schooler, she seems like one of those anoying teenagers who likes to tease adults... As a 29's teacher, I would just find a way to get her out of my way

0000slan1
joined Apr 7, 2018

I think I don't like this middle schooler, she seems like one of those anoying teenagers who likes to tease adults... As a 29's teacher, I would just find a way to get her out of my way

Her behavior is a cry for help and instead of trying to understand what's going on you would just get rid of her ? You sound like a great teacher smh.

joined Nov 21, 2017

Her behavior is a cry for help and instead of trying to understand what's going on you would just get rid of her ? You sound like a great teacher smh.

And just how you think I should act, aside contact her parents somehow and say that their kid needs psychological treatment? If they were impossible to contact then I would ask school to please arrange some professional who could deal with that kind of problem, I'm not psychologist and even so I already have to deal with my student's daily sufferings and requests for attention, and I wouldn't adimit such a disrespectful treatment of any of them.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Well, if you detect something may be wrong with a teen behavior, as a teacher you'd try to get to the bottom of it first, by talking to them and if you think the kid may be at risk, you'd signal them to child protective services so that it triggers an inquiry. So, the professionals there will eventually act.

Of course in some cases, they are too late or do too little (so many stories of abused children, even though "everyone knew" something was wrong), but that's no reason to turn a blind eye and hope someone else will take charge.

joined Nov 21, 2017

Well, if you detect something may be wrong with a teen behavior, as a teacher you'd try to get to the bottom of it first, by talking to them and if you think the kid may be at risk, you'd signal them to child protective services so that it triggers an inquiry. So, the professionals there will eventually act.

Of course in some cases, they are too late or do too little (so many stories of abused children, even though "everyone knew" something was wrong), but that's no reason to turn a blind eye and hope someone else will take charge.

Well, you may be right, I would do something like that too, but I still don't see why I shoul let her treat me like that. Helping someone doesn't mean you have to let them interfere in your life.

Sin%20t%c3%adtulo-min
joined Sep 28, 2011

It's like Mimika from Yuzumori got a job at teaching

Parnifia the Bastard
joined Aug 4, 2014

You know, reading these two chapters I involuntarily felt my heart sink. I just can't root for Aki yet. I'll wait until her full circumstances are revealed to pass any sort of concrete judgement, but her character at present just repulses me.

Heihtzz
joined Oct 16, 2016

I certainly think chapter 10 was interesting - seeing the teacher evaluate herself in the wake of realizing her feelings was pretty well-written - but that middle schooler is just such a little shit kid. It's the classic yuri situation where I cannot possibly understand how you could ever hold romantic feelings towards someone like that.

joined Aug 28, 2016

I certainly think chapter 10 was interesting - seeing the teacher evaluate herself in the wake of realizing her feelings was pretty well-written - but that middle schooler is just such a little shit kid. It's the classic yuri situation where I cannot possibly understand how you could ever hold romantic feelings towards someone like that.

The teacher's both gay and hopelessly lonely. It seems pretty plausible that this is the first time a girl's overtly shown interest in her. It's not a great reason to fall in love with someone, especially under the circumstances, but I can buy it.

joined Oct 13, 2015

I tend to dislike student x teacher manga. I haven't read a single one i thought was actually good. still, i'll give it a chance.

But when i find that i'm hoping for a het ending with the dude (after chp 9) because the girl is so repulsive a character, something has gone very wrong. Yeah, we don't know her backstory and maybe abuse but seeing how she is, why would anyone (readers) care to find out?

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

You can't take away her future, but maybe you can giver her one.

Screenshot_20180828-085722_1
joined Mar 21, 2016

yeah without a doubt, you have always been a lolicon n u simply didn't realise it until a loli kissed u. I guess u could say, a lolicon awakened by a kiss

Screenshot_20180828-085722_1
joined Mar 21, 2016

Well, I've just read the raw of chapter 12 and the cousin is definitely abusing her, I'm not 100% sure it's sexual abuse since my Japanese isn't exactly great but it seems extremely likely.

It isn't clear from the text in chapter 12 either. Only that it's some form of abuse. Maybe just to force her to do better at school. I'll try hoping for that until something worse is proven... Maybe chapter 13 will finally give answers. Another 2 to 4 months, I guess.

there's no sign of physical abuse, so it must've been sexual abuse then.

I bet the cousin must've already slide his dick or at least slide smthn inside her , it's too obvious guys.

we don't have to wait for any confirmation again, idk how clear the author could've implied it without flat out sayin, "madarame has been sexually abused by his cousin all this time"

ArakawaAyumu
joined Jul 7, 2017

Well, I've just read the raw of chapter 12 and the cousin is definitely abusing her, I'm not 100% sure it's sexual abuse since my Japanese isn't exactly great but it seems extremely likely.

It isn't clear from the text in chapter 12 either. Only that it's some form of abuse. Maybe just to force her to do better at school. I'll try hoping for that until something worse is proven... Maybe chapter 13 will finally give answers. Another 2 to 4 months, I guess.

there's no sign of physical abuse, so it must've been sexual abuse then.

I bet the cousin must've already slide his dick or at least slide smthn inside her , it's too obvious guys.

we don't have to wait for any confirmation again, idk how clear the author could've implied it without flat out sayin, "madarame has been sexually abused by his cousin all this time"

Welp. This is my cue to drop this one.

ColdGoldLazarus
Cglishmini
joined Apr 12, 2018

While it was a nice gesture to try and lend the umbrella, by the time sensei gave it to her and exchanged those few pleasantries, both of them were already soaked. What was the point...

Symbolism! Even if it's late, it's a kind gesture. Also, in order to not get even more soaked, probably.

Huh, that makes a lot of sense.

Also, I love your avatar! What's it from?

To reply you must either login or sign up.