Forum › Nettaigyo wa Yuki ni Kogareru discussion

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

Hoping this manga won't disappoint us halfway through (I'm looking at you, Amanchu) because g*ddamnit this is way too cute and I don't need to put on my Yuri googles for me to see the gay.

Seeing how the author did quite a few full blown yuri doujin I kinda doubt this will have the same homophobic text like Amanchu.

Fetish%20notebook%20lsmol
joined May 20, 2013

This definitely feels like a 'journey, not destination' type of manga which I'm very okay with.

Rosenakahara
Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

Everyone is saying this'll end in friendship and yeah I'm sorry but unless a guy pops in out of nowhere and hets the whole thing up they are both very clearly crushing on each other, even if this manga ended right now it's basically a given that they'll become a couple in the future.

Nishi Zuki Mai
98127b498c0e87f79b205ef388d4406a
joined Aug 21, 2017

yuri in this manga, very strong, but...

Midnightgunner
Gt00pn-odpc
joined Sep 30, 2017

A rainbow showed up! They're proven gay. Change the tags to yuri.

joined Jun 30, 2015

How is this even subtext? If this is subtext then what is NOT subtext? Fucking gangbang between 3161653513 girls?

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

It's definitely a romantic friendship. A lot of Story S yuri is. Neither of them seems to be aware of being in love or anything.

joined Aug 16, 2014

Yep, saving a photo of a sleeping persons face is definitely something I would do to a friend and not a girl I liked. Yep. Totally.

Yep Yep Totes

joined Jun 12, 2015

Thought this might be worth sharing. Bang Dream! series composition writer Yuniko Ayana wrote this definition of Yuri at the Yuri Fair exhibit in Tokyo. This is a rough translation.

Images%20(2)
joined Feb 9, 2016

I love how most of the comments here are outrage at the subtext tag xDDD hilarious.
On a site note, I was comparing this to a yuri that had less yuri than this one and the only differenfe was that one of the girls kept thinking how much she loved the other.
So yuri=explicit "I love you"?

Senjougahara_sama
Rowow
joined Jun 12, 2017

Man these two sure are great friends.

Jhkjhk
joined Jan 7, 2014

Are we really going to have the "a series can have yuri and not be yuri" discussion again?

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

I think Dynasty's staff are just a bit too shy, or go for the path of least resistance, in tagging.

Midnightgunner
Gt00pn-odpc
joined Sep 30, 2017

I think Dynasty's staff are just a bit too shy, or go for the path of least resistance, in tagging.

I think they're deliberately messing with us... "Let´s keep the subtext tag even after the main girls have a mind-blowing lesbian sex and watch as everyone in the comment section lose their shit in union"

last edited at May 9, 2018 1:24PM

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

I love how most of the comments here are outrage at the subtext tag xDDD hilarious.

I do not really get it how...pessimistic? people seem to be. "We are doomed it is eternal friendship, Class S, boys might show up!!!!". What is going on? Since when is it all doom and gloom with subtext manga?

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Midnightgunner posted:

I think they're deliberately messing with us... "Let´s keep the subtext tag even after the main girls have a mind-blowing lesbian sex and watch as everyone in the comment section lose their shit in union"

not subtext everyone wins

last edited at May 9, 2018 1:38PM

GendoIkari Uploader
Tsuglenda
joined Aug 10, 2011

She said, "The thing that's so unique, when we're together we don't even have to speak, we'll always be such good friends you and I"

Fetish%20notebook%20lsmol
joined May 20, 2013

I do not really get it how...pessimistic? people seem to be. "We are doomed it is eternal friendship, Class S, boys might show up!!!!". What is going on? Since when is it all doom and gloom with subtext manga?

Amanchu, as mentioned before.

Also, not sure it was subtext, but I feel like a lot of what happened in Stretch was received similarly

Esha%20icon
joined Mar 31, 2018

How about Ultra Subtext or Barely Subtext?

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Ever since Stretch, I advocate for Super Friendship

Gelert_Xross
joined Apr 15, 2013

I vote that this series be tagged as subtext on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, and as yuri on Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday. They can alternate on Sundays. This is the ultimate solution.

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

Amanchu, as mentioned before.

Also, not sure it was subtext, but I feel like a lot of what happened in Stretch was received similarly

Amanchu is written by somebody who has a history in crushing yuri dreams, unlike this author who has quite a few full yuri works.
It miiiiiight end like Stretch but even if it ends in "friendship" it will probably be a lot more open to possible future developments then stretch.

I think a healthy dose of skepticism is never bad but people really go a bit beyond that with this manga.

joined Oct 19, 2015

At what point does Subtext get upgraded to at least Yuri crush? Even if it's one-sided right now, I think Koyuki's past the point of no return.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Gelert_Xross posted:

I vote that this series be tagged as subtext on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, and as yuri on Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday. They can alternate on Sundays. This is the ultimate solution.

But what about holidays ?

Yeah Stretch is another good example of Not subtext and we all became more skeptical after that, but this time we can really relax, like even if there isn't a kiss or an explicit confession, if things continue like this I'm super happy!! and yeah the author doesn't look like the kind of bastard that would put a guy later on anyway... So, for me is just fun to tease the idea of yuri or subtext, at least in this manga.

20265099_331371470609667_965795103732342855_n
joined May 28, 2017

I recommend "Gei" tag

To reply you must either login or sign up.