Forum › Beloved L discussion

Savage%20juno-min
joined Oct 17, 2017

Every time a new chapter of this comes out I fall in love with this series again. Gorgeous and vibrant and so very painful.

Lomographic Colored Past
74ec91ae-b46c-44be-9b5e-7c40e1fb423d
joined Dec 29, 2016

I think only in the last panel, Dr. Lu is now referring to herself. She is a fool.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Great, great stuff. Telling the story not only through text, but also through the art - exactly as visual storytelling should do.

I still feel bad for the "Fool". Yes, yes, she messed up, and she'd better get over that, but people make mistakes. She just needs to find somebody for herself (clearly not her current husband unless this is some midlife crisis thing and she otherwise actually likes him).

L for Loser... that's what she is, 'cause she didnt bet on love and went to marry and be unhappy

It could actually be for a lot of things:

Beloved Lady...

Or maybe it's Beloved Lu. Doctor x Doctor is the inevitable end game?!

I can support the reason on why the L could stand for Lu but I don't believe they're the end game. It can stand for Lu since the author original title translates to Dear L showing that this may be Wei and Ding yi love story that Wei writes to Lu to show she happy now. Wei and ding yi are going to be the inevitable end game in my opinion.

RIkai Uploader
Lazechu%20cut
joined Apr 27, 2014

T____T but i want wei wei to end up with ding yi

Don't worry, I want things to work out with the two of them too! Wei Wei used to be so devoted and trusting, I hope she can learn that it's ok to be that way with Ding Yi.

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

L for Loser... that's what she is, 'cause she didnt bet on love and went to marry and be unhappy

It could actually be for a lot of things:

Beloved Lady...

Quite evitable, I think.

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

I've really been wondering when are we going to get the big blowup surrounding the overseas sabbatical.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

The L only appears from ch.12 onwards. I wonder whether that means anything? 'cause it's when she gets "serious" about their relationship, I guess.

RIkai Uploader
Lazechu%20cut
joined Apr 27, 2014

The L only appears from ch.12 onwards. I wonder whether that means anything? 'cause it's when she gets "serious" about their relationship, I guess.

Yeah, what's interesting is that it was tagged on Weibo by the artist as #亲爱的L# since chapter 2 or something, but it didn't show that way on the title pages. We weren't sure if we needed to add the L before since it didn't show up in the comic, but now it looks like its here to stay.

AnimexObsession
Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

Suppose it would be Beloved Lu, that doesn't say anything about the endgame though. Obviously Lu is major part of the story, even if she hasn't played as much a dominant role, her presence is still pretty apparent and now with this chapter, now that we know they've known each other since forever, and we already knew a lot of shit has gone down between the two of them, and how it damaged Wei Wei etc.
I find it more to have a bittersweet feeling to it, in the sense of "Oh my beloved Lu, how I loved you and devoted myself to you etc. but then you had to go ahead and destroy me, my beloved Lu, how we could have had such wonderful things but you threw them away.
My beloved Lu, I have found someone new.
My beloved Lu.
My once beloved Lu."
Something like that.

20180327_165604
joined Nov 9, 2017

Super minor, but the second to last page "I were also there," should almost certainly be "Were I also there,"

RIkai Uploader
Lazechu%20cut
joined Apr 27, 2014

"If I were also there, would you feel better?" sounds fine to me.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

This chapter was just beautiful visual storytelling. (Not for the first time in the series of course, but very, very impressive.)

20180327_165604
joined Nov 9, 2017

...yeah, kinda didn't even see the "if" on the page before. My mistake

Bgs_icon-small
joined Apr 11, 2018

Would this qualify for the "Non-Moe Art" tag?

joined Feb 23, 2018

I so love this! I do want Wei Wei to be with Ding yi I think that girl can bring her happiness.

Ymir-and-christa-lenz-historia-reiss-shingeki-no-kyojin-kittyluv57-38197762-736-429
joined May 19, 2014

Damn that was sad, I felt like crying. Such power story-telling in so few pages. Pure talent.

joined Mar 4, 2018

This's one of the best manga/manhua I have read. The art is amazimg, the characters are well_rounded, and the story is realistic(with good amount of drama). I(as a Chinese)also read the Chinese version, but I have to say the English one seems more fitting for the story. Some English wording (like 'I want to... open this gift first' by the end of chapter 15) seem more seducing than in Chinese(我想...先拆开这个礼物).

joined Mar 25, 2015

Would this qualify for the "Non-Moe Art" tag?

I would think so

Sin%20t%c3%adtulo
joined Apr 24, 2014

This is amazing ❤

joined Aug 23, 2018

Stunning. Really blown away by not just the art but the storytelling. I've only recently got into the whole Manga scene (I know someone will correct me on this, as it's not Japanese) but I actually got a little emotionally reading this one. I like all the characters, even Dr Lu who in any other story like this would be seen as the bad guy but in this is shown to be regretting her mistake of choosing her career over her own happiness with Wei Wei.

I don't see this ending happily for Wei Wei, her relationship with Ding Yi is going to come back and trip her up badly. No doubting both of them love one another, but either's Ding's parent's will get involved or Dr Lu either tries to sabotage Wei Wei's happiness and career. I'm swaying more towards Dr Lu having something involved in it, as she's still got the hots for Wei Wei. But I would love to see this having a happy ending, with Wei Wei and Ding Yi heading off into the sunset.

Hoping some new chapters are coming our way soon.

Z3
joined Aug 20, 2016
Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Huh. 14 chapters (complete). 16 chapters released. Bit weird?

So I guess the airplane chapter was actually a time skip. First the Doc flies to the US and once her little lover is all grown up she's flying after her.

joined Sep 6, 2018

It's over right? - source https://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=136322

It looks like it is over (thank you for the reference). With the crackdown on publishing deviant thought in China, there's no way to have all loose ends of the story tied up. Looks like "Their Story" wasn't the only manga curtailed over there. Fortunately, this manga can be finished off early since the confession was already done.

The loose ends of [the kid's parents finding out, impact on professional reputation at hospital once found out, and dealing with a vengeful bureaucracy] will not be dealt with.

joined Jul 22, 2019

so this started on october 5, 2016? my birthday is october 6!

To reply you must either login or sign up.