Forum › Their Story discussion

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Personally, I think the author is probably drawing these snippets as a way to cope with the situation, she did say it took a toll on her.

That’s my take too (although admittedly on very slight evidence). And to me these are funny and enjoyable, and I’m grateful for them.

UranusAndNeptuneAreJustCousins
joined Sep 6, 2015

Also, remembering the hate against the fangirl and the hype about the kiss, I too have a question. Fact is, people do not seem to be too bothered with what is, from a pacing standpoint, a really poor choice from the author, something that quite frankly seems odd considering how involved everyone was at the time. So I am wondering, are people sympathising with real life happenings in the author's life, and are thus going easy on the whole issue? Because I somehow think there would be a lot more displeasure expressed if this was happening, but there was no censorship issue, and the story did this for seemingly no reason. I could be wrong, though, and people genuinely have nothing against the current unique pacing.

Edit: Went back and checked, yeah, many people are "this is cute, but what about the main story", or some variation thereof. So obviously, the audience here seems aware there is an issue with this, but hardly anyone looks actually displeased. Which is odd, considering how emotions ran high on the fangirl plot immediately preceding this.

last edited at Apr 5, 2018 1:13PM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

^As my posts have been suggesting, readers are used to many a worst-case “You know that series you’ve been enjoying?—No more ever!” outcome with translated manga, so while all or most readers almost certainly do want the main story to continue, at least the short pieces show that the creator is still active and still interested in the material, as a sudden and complete blackout would not.

It’s a very odd development, as if Citrus suddenly went plotless 4-koma starting next chapter with no explanation, but I’m glad that what we’re getting while we wait is generally amusing and often quite adorable.

last edited at Apr 5, 2018 3:04PM

jonnyrocket70
joined Nov 9, 2017

what a nerd

AnimexObsession
Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

I'm just happy with whatever I get. I've stopped looking forward to new updates/chapters and I just appreciate whatever is being uploaded that day or go back and reread something... Anyway, thanks for uploading!

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

I'm okay with what is being uploaded I just hope at some point the story can continue because I dig all the characters. It was a weird moment that the main story stopped at.

Ke%20(5)
joined Feb 10, 2016

What even happened to this story...?

joined May 25, 2017

qui tong gets prettier every time tan draws her <3

is this a weibo comic?

china just banned all gay stuff on weibo

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Remy posted:

is this a weibo comic?

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2018-04-16/sina-weibo-reverses-decision-regarding-gay-content-ban/.130431

Not anymore, they actually changed!

Mostly%20sunny
joined Oct 26, 2016

Is there no limit to how flirty these two can be?

Screenshot_2016-12-27-13-58-01-1
joined Mar 23, 2014

Remy posted:

is this a weibo comic?

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2018-04-16/sina-weibo-reverses-decision-regarding-gay-content-ban/.130431

Not anymore, they actually changed!

Oh thank god

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

That guy is walking on the bike path thing. Throw him in jail!

Fb_img_1479131434796
joined Oct 6, 2014

To be fair, this one feels more friendly to me since I do the whole shoe thing with my friends too.

Or...

Oh no.

Is
that
actually
flirting?

joined Feb 3, 2016

To be fair, this one feels more friendly to me since I do the whole shoe thing with my friends too.

Or...

Oh no.

Is
that
actually
flirting?

" Hey....I like you..." :Slowly steps on her shoe:
"I...l-like you too senpai" :steps on shoe back:

:Lewd shoe stomping occurs:

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

This is the sweet, gentle, intimate-relationship version; Sun Jing and Mophead express their deep friendship by punching each other out.

joined Feb 21, 2015

adorable

joined Jan 10, 2017

^As my posts have been suggesting, readers are used to many a worst-case “You know that series you’ve been enjoying?—No more ever!” outcome with translated manga, so while all or most readers almost certainly do want the main story to continue, at least the short pieces show that the creator is still active and still interested in the material, as a sudden and complete blackout would not.

It’s a very odd development, as if Citrus suddenly went plotless 4-koma starting next chapter with no explanation, but I’m glad that what we’re getting while we wait is generally amusing and often quite adorable.

Well the difference there is that Citrus would be infinitely improved by such a move.

I'd rather we get nothing than have my hopes dashed over and over by an empty Their Story chapter release.

RIkai Uploader
Lazechu%20cut
joined Apr 27, 2014

This is great. Only thing is that QT is actually the senpai here!

joined Nov 27, 2017

Well the difference there is that Citrus would be infinitely improved by such a move.

I relate to this sentiment on a deep emotional level. Why it has an anime I will never know.

last edited at Apr 23, 2018 6:25PM

manga doesnt seem to be going anywhere

Ke%20(5)
joined Feb 10, 2016

Stepping on each other's feet is the new hand holding

S-l225
joined Feb 14, 2014

the next page has been out for a few days on their tumblr

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Lyca posted:

And is short again xD but maybe something is actually happening now....maybe

Parnifia the Bastard
Chrome_2018-04-13_12-33-32-min%20(3)
joined Aug 4, 2014

Lyca posted:

And is short again xD but maybe something is actually happening now....maybe

I wouldn't bet on it.

To reply you must either login or sign up.