Forum › Their Story discussion

Midnightgunner
Gt00pn-odpc
joined Sep 30, 2017

Never thought I was going to say this, but I'm kinda missing the drama.

joined Feb 1, 2013

And then SJ says "I won't let this rain get you wet, that's my job"

@Seranata: That's it, you just won the prize, we can all retire now XD

herenowforever
Singeraigenerated
joined Feb 11, 2018

I'm guessing no main story stuff because of that problem the author was having?

What problem?

Author is Chinese and the publisher of the story apparently was not too keen on having actual explicit homosexual romance after certain elements of government started focusing on this stuff again. Homosexual relationships are legal in China and have been for a while, but in these separate guidelines they were put in same category as host of violent sexual crimes and other such acts.

From Wiki: "On December 31, 2015, the China Television Drama Production Industry Association posted new guidelines, including a ban on showing LGBT relationships on TV. The regulations stated: "No television drama shall show abnormal sexual relationships and behaviors, such as incest, same-sex relationships, sexual perversion, sexual assault, sexual abuse, sexual violence, and so on."

In fact, it went so far as to even ban stuff like cheating, one night stands or teen couples. Only thing that is ok is dedicated vanilla relationship of some sort. I'm sure TV viewers like that... Because you pretty much just removed most sources of drama as well.

All that said, its actually just bit unclear how it will continue: Big moment was in chapter 146 and after that we only 4 or so chapters that clearly continue the actual story. Two with the fellow taking care of a sleeping drunken girl and two with another girl who is also interested in the tall sporty MC. But I don't see how she could actually affect the story at all given that the mains just expressed their feelings to each other clearly. Maybe its just a way to get some "break the cutie" drama in the story without hurting the mains or something.

Rest are just either theme chapters like Christmas / new year stuff or just omake- or 4-koma style self-contained snippets along the line that are not chronological with the main story at all. In bonus chapter 158 you actually have the clear sexual stuff back with kisses as well in form of short gags and individual images. I'm sure we all just want the story to continue properly... I hope its soon. Author is a superb artist where it comes to feeling of movement and poses and I also enjoy the color palette that is used.

last edited at Mar 23, 2018 5:17AM

joined Sep 12, 2015

I love Sun!! And i miss the story!!

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

I think the author and her agent didn't agree with publisher's suggestion that they should do the comic as normal online but leave out any PDA in the printed version - equivalent to tankobon. I thought that meant author would continue online with main story, but not allow print to go forward censored. I also don't know why online is okay but not print, given the recent rulings involve TV.

joined Jun 3, 2014

are those yeezys I see

AnimexObsession
Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

Gotta love the Chinese government.. God.. Still loving even the extreme docile vanilla stuff though

joined Dec 28, 2017

It's... too... precious!

Commandershepard13
1071350_639308102760295_1399509523_o
joined Mar 24, 2014

And then SJ says "I won't let this rain get you wet, that's my job"

I can very easily see Sun Jing saying that. I can also see Qiu Tong not taking it well. I just can't see her as the type who takes perverted puns in stride.

Sin%20t%c3%adtulo
joined Apr 24, 2014

Need more! D:

Fullsizeoutput_97
joined Jun 2, 2016

I’m loving the fillers but I was hoping to see a chapter more geared towards the main plot. Super cute though so who cares.

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

Hats don't get dirty quickly and they can be blocked, they can be lint-cleaned, etc. https://www.hatsinthebelfry.com/hat-cleaning

Yeah, this is what I'm getting at. I have a hat that I wore for literal years, that thing became unwearable due to wear and tear before it was ever in a condition where I would need to -clean- it.

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

I just want to see how things went with Mo Xiaonan. Structurally, unless the author just felt like they needed to get fluffy for awhile for personal reasons, the only sound story reason I can think of to -not show us- the rejection is if Sun Jing is doing something really stupid and didn't immediately turn her down.

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

(Note, I seriously doubt that hypothesis, even though it's mine. I don't think it's Tan Jiu's style or consistent with the tone of the series to go there, I honestly just think the author needed to write fluffy things, or maybe folded to complaints about Mo's story, but that's also a frustrating excuse for abandoning a plotline, so I'm kind of casting about for anything I can get. <_< )

Midnightgunner
Gt00pn-odpc
joined Sep 30, 2017

Sun Jin is so pretty in this one.

UranusAndNeptuneAreJustCousins
joined Sep 6, 2015

Nope, these are cute and all, but I have had enough. Because the story never before did this, built a storyline and then just dropped it halfway through. So now, every time I see a new update my main feeling is disappointment over it not being a continuation, and it prevents me from appreciating what would otherwise be very enjoyable little snippets. I said it on previous pages as well, but I really do not care what is happening in China, it will not make me think pacing here is any less atrocious. This series was never that big on following a single, coherent plotline, but it was also not "Magan&Danai" (not that I have anything against that series, in fact, I rather like it, but it is a different sort of work from this one), which is what it basically is now. So I am taking a break, and will wait for more chapters to pile up, then I will binge it. Hopefully, it will be more tolerable that way.

Fb_img_1479131434796
joined Oct 6, 2014

So now, every time I see a new update my main feeling is disappointment over it not being a continuation, and it prevents me from appreciating what would otherwise be very enjoyable little snippets.

Every time I see a new update, I still hope. But alas, my poor gay heart is crushed by fluff filler.

Screenshot_2018-10-31%20dynasty%20reader%20%c2%bb%20fusoroi%20no%20renri%20ch13
joined Jul 1, 2014

I love these candid strips, but... they do make me feel lonely.

Fullsizeoutput_97
joined Jun 2, 2016

Uhm how did that ice cream not fly off the cone while she was running?? I could be standing still and mine falls off but Sun Jing just turned into Usain Bolt in 0.2 seconds and you’re telling me it’s still perfect by the time she reached her destination??

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Seriously, folks, would you rather not have these short ones?

Hypothetical: the series suddenly goes completely dark (like so many other series on this site) and we don’t know why nor do we know if will ever start up again.

Track A: the main story will never resume.

Option 1: the series is never updated again.

Option 2: we continue to get these short ones.

Track B: the main story will resume eventually.

Option 1: until it does we get nothing.

Option 2: until it does we continue to get these short ones.

Pick one from Track A and one from Track B.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Uhm how did that ice cream not fly off the cone while she was running?? I could be standing still and mine falls off but Sun Jing just turned into Usain Bolt in 0.2 seconds and you’re telling me it’s still perfect by the time she reached her destination??

Sun Jing has been taking online classes at the Kase-san Academy for Superhero Girlfriends.

KittyCatOmaniac
E19418efd5cf90129f366e240e5156b3
joined Sep 12, 2014

I just can't get enough of Sun Jing's hair. It's so aesthetically pleasing!

joined Feb 21, 2018

Yeah, if the author is working on these shorts then she isn't working on the main story. She is only one person and can only do so much at once.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Yeah, if the author is working on these shorts then she isn't working on the main story. She is only one person and can only do so much at once.

Fact: the longer, more developed stories suddenly stopped, and the one-page humorous vignettes began.

Question 1: Why did the main story stop?

(Some people have speculated that issues with government censorship concerning the print version are to blame.)

Question 2: Will the main story ever resume again?

(No one seems to know anything certain about that.)

You may be correct that the main story stopped simply because the author wanted to draw these little stories instead. Do you have any evidence for that?

UranusAndNeptuneAreJustCousins
joined Sep 6, 2015

I would go with 2 under A, and 1 under B. However, it does not really hurt me if the author goes with 2 under B, since I can do what I am doing now, which is holding out on reading until more chapters are added, and hopefully we get back to the main story, though it does dampen both my enjoyment and my hype (A is pretty much hurting me no matter how you slice it). Personally, I think the author is probably drawing these snippets as a way to cope with the situation, she did say it took a toll on her. I also do not believe she gave up on the main story, because 1) she never before did something like this, start a plotline and then just abandon it halfway through; and 2) this is not just any plotline, the two of them getting into a full-fledged relationship is something we have eagerly waited for years, the kiss, the whole 'we are now girlfriends' thing. I just do not see her giving up on this, considering how much hatred the fangirl attracted for simply being, seemingly, in the way of this particular development, imagine how much hate a decision to never come back to said development at all would draw.

To reply you must either login or sign up.