Forum › 1 x ½ discussion

joined Feb 27, 2018

You know it might be that Asuka isn't actually Ayako's daughter but her niece. It might be that Akira might actually be Asuka's mother.

This is quite plausible but I'm no fan of cop-outs. There again, still aunt/neice although by marriage.

I'd maybe have bought it if it had been revealed before they had gone this far ... but basically having incest sex and then afterwards going "surprise, it was actually (sort of) fine!" wouldn't make much sense.

if Akira didn't turn out to be Asuka's mother then that would be a bad and a lazy twist ..

Sad thing is I've seen a lot of decent premises for niche stories all of a sudden change to a more mainstream story. Hopefully this does not do that.

Dynasty%20avatar
joined Sep 10, 2017

Sad thing is I've seen a lot of decent premises for niche stories all of a sudden change to a more mainstream story. Hopefully this does not do that.

Seriously though, I think the author made the right choice. If he had kept the rational, solemn tone, it would have taken ages (and I mean from Ice Age to 2018 kind of ages) for them to have any progress, ya know?

ok
and this, ladies and gentle yuri fag, is how things went wrong to the Yuri land xD

joined Apr 27, 2017

Since Asuka has XX chromosomes and Asuka's Dad has XY, it could be thought that Asuka has inherited the X chromosome from her dad. Since Asuka's dad got the Y from Asuka's grandfather, he should have gotten the X from Asuka's grandmother.

Therefore it's highly likely that Asuka's grandmother on her father's side would be attracted to Ayako as well.

joined Jun 12, 2015

Ohohohohoho.... Nice.

Forest%20fairy%20-%20copy
joined Nov 30, 2017

Since Asuka has XX chromosomes and Asuka's Dad has XY, it could be thought that Asuka has inherited the X chromosome from her dad. Since Asuka's dad got the Y from Asuka's grandfather, he should have gotten the X from Asuka's grandmother.

Therefore it's highly likely that Asuka's grandmother on her father's side would be attracted to Ayako as well.

Doing the important hard science that needs to be done. Good work, keep it coming! :D

Img_0840
joined Jun 2, 2015

more…I WANT MOOOOOOOOOOORE!!!!!!!

anyone have raws after chapter 10?

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

anyone have raws after chapter 10?

Far as I can tell, 10's the most recent chapter.

Etqyggh6mxyi1klo3fwjrwrwicpboh
joined Feb 7, 2015

OSHIITT I CAN'T STOP SCREAMING

me_loves_ramen
Me
joined May 21, 2017

HOLY DAMNNNNN BAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAH

Reimu-pet-cirno
joined May 17, 2013

On a side note, is it consider cheating? I in particular can't stand cheating and NTR tag, so my inner thoughts are clashing over whether to approve this relationship or not... scream internally

Are you Catholic?

joined Jun 25, 2017

OMG they kissed.... So cute!!!!

[commie]%20go!%20princess%20precure%20-%2013%20[51546f94].mkv_snapshot_09.42_[2016.12.19_12.33.57]
joined Dec 10, 2014

you cant cheat on a dead person i checked so its totally okay

except you know for the incest but that's fine

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

I don't like the way chapter 7 unfolded.

Might have helped explaining what precisely you object to instead of just going on some rant ^^;

joined Mar 15, 2017

only gratifying the male otaku who have no interest or stake in the yuri genre anyways and are just here to get their rocks off, or to have a good laugh.

I can't see at all how this leap is warranted by the content of the manga.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I’m deleting my previous post because I now think it was snarkier than I meant it to be. I will rephrase by quoting Mr. Bennett to his wife in Pride and Prejudice:

Doctor Hoot, I do not have the pleasure of understanding you. Can you please be more specific?

last edited at Mar 10, 2018 2:23PM

I don't like the way chapter 7 unfolded. But reading the reactions, I guess this is what most readers wanted to happen, and I feel naive for expecting something else. I found the series romantic initially (like some people find After the Rain romantic, despite the obvious creep factor), but now it's obvious that romance was never the point, only gratifying the male otaku who have no interest or stake in the yuri genre anyways and are just here to get their rocks off, or to have a good laugh. I have no problem with them, it's just that most things are already catering to them by default, and it's disappointing when this site props up the very things that I try to get a break from in the first place when I visit it.

That's not to say that enjoying 1 x ½ or really any kind of "weird yuri" invalidates someone's "genuine yuri fan" credentials, or that only men enjoy these things. I'm not here to police what anyone reads or to gatekeep, I'm just frustrated with the pattern of works and users that I've been seeing more and more of recently on Dynasty. Though I guess these things and people have been here much longer. I'm probably just tired of otaku culture in general, and its eagerness to treat yuri as just a joke or a big meme. "Yuri is already weird and outlandish or just plain hilarous in itself (lesbians, amirite lmao), therefore a woman in her later 30s pursuing a 15-16 year old girl is the pinnacle of entertainment" is the kind of sentiment I'm sensing, for example.

I firmly believe the main reason this series is "wrong" is that Asuka is too young, not incest. Just saying that to interrupt that whole circlejerk a little bit.

bro its just a story

its disgusting in the real world but its fantasy and cute

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

bro its just a story

Why would you like it? It's just a story. Marks on paper, with no relation to any human concept. It has no value or meaning. It refers to nothing. There's nothing to feel about it, good or bad.

joined Jun 25, 2017

When will 8 be out?

Fuuka%20small
joined Sep 9, 2017

That one angry anon kinda spoiled the mood in the comments for me so I'm going to lighten it back with a stupid joke:

Ayako and Asuka are not really related because they are a mother- and a daughter-in-love.

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

I won't judge what makes someone uncomfortable or not, since I gave up on two mangas this month because the author had some fucked up views.
But the way this story was going was clear from the beginning. Just like TodoIto will clearly go the same way even tho some people don't want it.

Reimu-pet-cirno
joined May 17, 2013

you cant cheat on a dead person i checked so its totally okay

Which is why I (not 100% seriously) asked about whether CertainPudding was Catholic: some religions forbid widow(er)s from remarrying precisely because it's considered cheating on your dead spouse.

[commie]%20go!%20princess%20precure%20-%2013%20[51546f94].mkv_snapshot_09.42_[2016.12.19_12.33.57]
joined Dec 10, 2014

romance was never the point, only gratifying the male otaku who have no interest or stake in the yuri genre

Just as a point of order if you say this basically ever yer making yourself look like a total ass. I mean, we could look at how the mother is making excuses for herself to cross a line that should not be crossed, how that reflects that she herself has some feelings she's not been dealing with, as implied by previous stuff, or we could just write it all off as "well they fuckin' kissed only gross boys wanna see girls who haven't confessed their undying love for each other on the peak of Mount Everest kiss"

Just a bunch of fucking dumpster logic.

Anyway, Protag's dad was in her mom's life for less than a year. Even if yer Catholic I think after like sixteen years maaaaaybe you should be allowed to find someone new. (Tho preferably not your daughter)

bro its just a story

Why would you like it? It's just a story. Marks on paper, with no relation to any human concept. It has no value or meaning. It refers to nothing. There's nothing to feel about it, good or bad.

please dont hate
ive read/watched both usagi drop and koi kaze with no predispositions and liked both of them for dealing with a complicated issue

its fine with cute characters and nice story

in real life its harder to accept because the relationships typically have sinister backgrounds and results

also we americans tend to think of rednecks or child abuse whenever incest comes up

very rarely do you hear about openly incestual relationships (immediate family) outside of areas where people are more indifferent such as liberal european nations

most of the truly consentual stuff is done between grown adults and in secrecy

in real life, what the mom did here will put her on the sex offender list and the child in a foster home, and society will not even consider the nature of the relationship

last edited at Mar 13, 2018 4:52PM by

Espurr%20sparkle
joined May 30, 2013

So Asuka IS her daughter? 100%?! Even drank her milk as a child?!!!!???

AHHHHH!!! This manga is the epitome of immorality! Forgive me Father for I have SINNED!!!!!!

All I wanted was fluffy sisterxsister yuri....How did I arrive here?

I'm going back to my John K. Peta and SOFTCHARM ways. Don't stop me.

last edited at Mar 14, 2018 11:26PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.