Forum › Catulus Syndrome discussion

Healing-punchiiiii
joined Jan 21, 2016

Wow an update.

Kat%202
joined Mar 6, 2012

...she just literally gave Yuki a (much needed) push there you know...
Guessing her Cute Kouhai level is over the famous 9000 in Kozue's books. Must dote on!!!
Σ:3

Not saying she already did come between them.. Just saying i hope it's not going to happen :P

For the record.. I think Kozue is very cute. I just made up my mind about the main couple :3

last edited at Feb 7, 2018 8:35AM

Duke
joined Jul 29, 2017

Hm, this seems promising. Good art, silly but fun premise, I think this has pro-

"you're only pretty without the glasses" trope

Dropped like a brick.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Much as I like the cuteness of it all, those last two chapters were so super-tropish and cheesy, I don't know. It's just always the same in these type of manga, isn't it?

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Hm, this seems promising. Good art, silly but fun premise, I think this has pro-

"you're only pretty without the glasses" trope

Dropped like a brick.

Do you drop bricks often?

See if I hire you for any masonry work.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Pyoro posted:

Much as I like the cuteness of it all, those last two chapters were so super-tropish and cheesy, I don't know. It's just always the same in these type of manga, isn't it?

Well, this manga isn't trying to break any standards, is just the same but with a cat... But is so cute =w=

joined Jan 15, 2018

If you like this, you'd like to check out the author's extra drawings between chapters.
http://ganma.jp/catulus/e4585210-d232-11e6-ae5d-0624ccf0926c/16

And I don't know why but people seems to love this cat girl character so much.
http://ganma.jp/Valentine2018/1dd23590-0268-11e8-9224-06e4e79605e7/0

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

It's alive It's alive

joined Jul 26, 2016

Not saying she already did come between them.. Just saying i hope it's not going to happen :P

Bet you she'll eventually pair up with that third catgirl who hasn't yet appeared... :d

last edited at Feb 7, 2018 11:31AM

Images
joined Dec 15, 2016

AN UPDATE!!!! IS IT CHRISTMAS AGAIN?!!

Reimu-pet-cirno
joined May 17, 2013

If the ears don't come in until they're twelve, are they just deaf until then or do they have human ears that deteriorate?

Senjougahara_sama
Rowow
joined Jun 12, 2017

Remember Ayano, f*cking your catgirls is an important part of running a cafe with them. It's the Nekopara method.

joined Nov 26, 2017

They need to build the plot more, but it is pretty good.

Fb_img_1519730104292
joined Sep 16, 2017

Finally an update!!

Dynasty%20avatar
joined Sep 10, 2017

If the ears don't come in until they're twelve, are they just deaf until then or do they have human ears that deteriorate?

Good question...hmmmmmm

joined Jul 26, 2016

Reminder that they can conceal their catgirl peripherals at will - Yuki's just bad at keeping that up while Kozue presumably doesn't feel any need to. Nevermind now the effectively magical full-body transformation into normal-sized cat because what is conservation of mass. ʅ (ツ) ʃ

The implication is that the Catulus phenomenom is entirely unnoticeable (except perhaps by in-depth genetic scan but that's not exactly something routinely done to children) until the physical symptoms appear at around 12 years of age, after which the afflicted are effectively shapeshifters with three forms - the baseline catgirl, regular human appearance with the Catulus traits concealed, and the more or less uncontrollable full feline state. Riko's offhand remark would also seem to imply some individuals sport two sets of ears - God only knows how the already-dubious cranial anatomy is supposed to work in those cases...

joined Sep 9, 2016

I always wondered about how their anatomy changes in regard to this condition. Aside: it somewhat irks me that it was referred to as an illness in the manga. Maybe a poor choice of words on someone's part? I will refrain from being too hung up on it.

Back to the point; I always rationalized it as either: (1) having typical external ears that are vestigial and cannibalized by the body upon reaching the requisite age at which symptoms (if that's the right word to employ here) manifest themselves. Or, (2) not being born with typical external human ears. Perhaps one of, if not the only early sign(s) that the girl may be a carrier of the mutation(s) that define the syndrome. Both of my rationalizations (correct or not remains to be seen) imply that the girls' actual auditory organs (tympanic membranes and such) are at the top of their heads from birth.

Or even crazier theory: they are born with "normal" ears that as they age toward 12 years old are slowly cannibalized while replacements develop at the top of the brain or skull (take your pick). Personally, I don't like this one.

Very interesting regardless.

last edited at Feb 9, 2018 5:24AM

Breakdanceanomicon
joined Jun 13, 2015

Since when are characters using physical exercise to help with their depression a common trope actually shown in media? (As opposed to presenting characters taking long runs as running from their problems.) I would love to see far more stories use this cheesy trope.

joined May 27, 2017

And I don't know why but people seems to love this cat girl character so much.

simply because she's really cute

20200318_034512[1]
joined Jul 10, 2016

I love it! Beautiful and really kawaii! Please draw more! <3 :3

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

Wow an update.

Wow an update again.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

This Infinity War meme has gone too far

Kuroneko1900
Fb_img_1505910576160
joined Jan 8, 2016

Im sorry, but that MC(?) Cat girl is just plain usless, not even being cute compensates her, at least do something. . .

joined Jul 26, 2016

She's in charge of tsukkomi. A thankless, stressful but necessary job.

GiantEnemyShark
Stupidruby
joined Dec 30, 2017

Ayano : Guys, I don't feel so good right now...

To reply you must either login or sign up.