Forum › Catulus Syndrome discussion

Happy%20face
joined Oct 12, 2016

I'd expect a government-issued emergency underwear to be much less extravagant. More like a patient gown, maybe?

But what sort of message would that send to 12 year old cat girls? That they're diseased and in need of a cure? That's not great. I expect the government wanted cat girls to feel normal and valued as women, and that meant lingerie.

Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

That's the best government-issue underwear I've ever seen.

Best Mangaka Rohan
25dfc3e30a88f17394a8d2037430b766
joined Dec 13, 2016

Again this chapter shows the aithor is extremely knowledgeable about the cats.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

I'd expect a government-issued emergency underwear to be much less extravagant. More like a patient gown, maybe?

But what sort of message would that send to 12 year old cat girls? That they're diseased and in need of a cure? That's not great. I expect the government wanted cat girls to feel normal and valued as women, and that meant lingerie.

That, or the government official in charge of this was a hopeless catgirl otaku who wanted all his neko-waifus dressed up to his liking. ;-)

lazylikeyourass
Capture
joined Mar 26, 2016

That lingerie looks really good. The government has its priorities right.

Tsw118
joined Feb 27, 2015

Pinnacle of materialisation tech! Lower part is not connected to upper part/choker.
In seriousness, I'd expect a simple, straight-cut one piece, akin to night gown or patient gown. Because it's cheap and practical. And doesn't make the Catulus-sufferer wander streets in half-transparent negligee should they happen to turn back to human outside their homes.

Capture%20_2018-03-05-21-59-51~2_resized
joined Apr 28, 2016

fkn scrub

last edited at Apr 24, 2017 8:49AM

joined Jul 26, 2016

The Nekofather making a request you can't refuse.

In seriousness, I'd expect a simple, straight-cut one piece, akin to night gown or patient gown. Because it's cheap and practical. And doesn't make the Catulus-sufferer wander streets in half-transparent negligee should they happen to turn back to human outside their homes.

...don't bring your Vulcan logic into this. ಠ╭╮ಠ

Capture%20_2018-03-05-21-59-51~2_resized
joined Apr 28, 2016

Pinnacle of materialisation tech! Lower part is not connected to upper part/choker.

Also makes you wonder what type of underwear male catulus patients get.

Assuming there are male patients.

Tsw118
joined Feb 27, 2015

Also makes you wonder what type of underwear male catulus patients get.

Mankinis. Or pajamas with muscle relief prints.
No, wait. Same thing as female patients. They could only find funds to produce one variety of emergency chokers after some official pushed for his favourite designs to be implemented.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

For maximum effect, read his dialogue in Norio Wakamoto's voice.

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

...don't bring your Vulcan logic into this. ಠ╭╮ಠ

Random off topic factoid. It seems in Japan a Vulcan is a giant monkey. (At least in anime and manga.) I've seen this use in Fairy Tail (long live my Lucy x Levy ship) and heard it in a Pink Lady song. I don't know where else it might show up.

Hmm, giant monkey logic... I bet they're smarter than a lot of people. (In general. Not referring to anyone on this site.)

last edited at Apr 24, 2017 9:50PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Not finding any real connection between the name "Vulcan" and Japan on Google. I wonder if it's because Vulcan is associated with volcanoes (hence the name) and thus with the monkeys that gather at natural hot springs?

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

When I searched vulcan giant monkey japan I got Japanese volcanoes and Star Trek.
When I searched "vulcan" japan I got Japanese motorcycles and lighters and Star Trek.
When I searched "vulcan" anime I got some interesting stuff including this site about Fairy Tail's Vulcans (and of course, Star Trek again).

last edited at Apr 24, 2017 10:39PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Hmm, it's unlikely to be a word the Japanese commonly use for anything, just a Western word that the Fairy Tale writer heard and randomly slapped on some monsters without thinking too hard about it. Possibly because the Kawasaki Vulcan motorcycle has been around since the 80s.

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

That's what I would have assumed if I hadn't heard that Pink Lady song, and you still might be right. That song is one of a collection of 44 songs I have by them. If you're actually interested in finding out, I'll figure out which one later and try to find a copy or translation of the lyrics. Otherwise, let's drop it here and return to topic.

last edited at Apr 24, 2017 11:46PM

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

Ah, I tracked it down and found the lyrics in Japanese. What a waste of time. I had never tried to figure out what they were really singing and heard what I expected.

The title is "Super Monkey Son Goku" (probably Son Goku the monkey king, not Dragon Ball). Of course they say "super monkey" (in English) repeatedly. It turns out that what I heard as vulcan, vulcan, that's a vulcan was actually "bouken, bouken, mata bouken" meaning adventure, adventure, again adventure.

So that leaves Fairy Tail as the only real source and you are undoubtedly right, Nezchan.

And this is undoubtedly the very last and final post on this sorry subject.

last edited at Apr 25, 2017 1:12AM

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

I love your comments sometimes.

Sad
joined Mar 31, 2017

This just makes me love cats even more. :')

I wonder if it's possible for her to get pregnant from a cat in her cat form...? I WOULDN'T WANT THAT OF COURSE!!! but i do wonder what would happen.... O_o

Happy%20face
joined Oct 12, 2016

I wonder if it's possible for her to get pregnant from a cat in her cat form...? I WOULDN'T WANT THAT OF COURSE!!! but i do wonder what would happen.... O_o

A miscarriage, the moment she returns to human form, assuming we're already bending the rules for her to stay in cat form the several days required for implantation to even occur. Or If the magic of catulus prevented the miscarriage, then she would get an abortion and possibly use cat contraception/barriers/iud next time.

joined May 6, 2017

I never had a cat but the way they behave when their owner is around, it was so sweet to watch them..i wish i will have one in the future 'coz their eyes are so attractive, their fur, their little paws and their tails..their behavior are so much like me haha

So~ i want more chapters wahaha the story is sooo adorable fudge

last edited at May 11, 2017 11:45PM

FriedBreadfast
Weh
joined Nov 20, 2016

If there was a cat girl in Japan and I had allergies I'd be snorting pills on an international plane just to see her. Don't know what's wrong with those people.

Pout2
joined Mar 7, 2017

man this just doesnt update fast enough

Neko
joined Dec 27, 2014

If there was a cat girl in Japan and I had allergies I'd be snorting pills on an international plane just to see her. Don't know what's wrong with those people.

I'm allergic to cats, but love them so much I go pet them anyway. So a Cat Girl ? I would go see her without hesitation, wouldn't care about my allergy.

last edited at May 12, 2017 12:00AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.