Forum › The Sunset, Aromas, and the Signs of Love discussion

joined Feb 1, 2018

Cute oneshot. I need more!

Nep%20u
joined Mar 15, 2017

plot device-kun is a good person

Healing-punchiiiii
joined Jan 21, 2016

I don't typically like males in Yuri (bc they are usually assholes poor them) but I like plot device-kun. I think they ought to use more of him to get rid of the "there are only girls so if the girl meets a guy they'll get over this phase" conflicts.

Nice one shot! Thanks for posting this. ;)

Tumblr_inline_oxf1gj0pl71rjsbp5_400
joined Jun 23, 2017

Damn, I'm so weak to age-gap story... And the dude's a perfect bro, really sweet story!

I also appreciate the art very much, but I have the feelings I had seen it elsewhere already. If it's a kind of artstyle that seems to be spreading over new (relatively?) works, it's pretty cool!

last edited at Feb 27, 2018 7:27AM

Copy90_90_zpscf246422
joined Sep 18, 2014

This was really nice. I kind of thought it was Peg for just a moment. Nice to see a new author, hopefully there's much more from them.

Glad to see that I wasn't the only one thinking of Peg when I saw this.

Qndkfwtexmw51%20-%20kopie
joined May 20, 2014

Style reminds me a bit of Kawai Rou (especially page 404).
Age gap is always appreciated, thanks!

joined Sep 25, 2015

Yikes I kinda feel bad for the guy, being rejected, especially if the one you love is gonna date a family member, must really be heartbreaking

I'm pretty sure he's a yurifag like us.

Reimu-shock
joined Mar 27, 2015

Yes, he is just a plot device XD

Capture%20_2018-03-05-21-59-51~2_resized
joined Apr 28, 2016

I'm pretty sure Nanase figured things out very early on. He may have even had a sense of Hana's orientation before the start of the story. The opening scene with Hana and her classmate hints that she already has a particular interest in other girls and her familiarity with Nanase is established quickly after that.

He wasn't looking for reciprocation when he confessed, he just wanted to make his feelings known, and give Hana the motivation she needed to power through Shiori's dismissals and deflection.

Bro knew what was up.

last edited at Feb 27, 2018 5:44PM

joined Apr 25, 2017

Yikes I kinda feel bad for the guy, being rejected, especially if the one you love is gonna date a family member, must really be heartbreaking

I'm pretty sure he's a yurifag like us.

Yes. I identify as plot-device-kun. And Yuri-Danshi-kun. Basically I would be ok with never having a girlfriend again, should all women become lilies.

joined Jan 9, 2018

I'm pretty sure Nanase figured things out very early on. He may have even had a sense of Hana's orientation before the start of the story. The opening scene with Hana and her classmate hints that she already has a particular interest in other girls and her familiarity with Nanase is established quickly after that.

He wasn't looking for reciprocation when he confessed, he just wanted to make his feelings known, and give Hana the motivation she needed to power through Shiori's dismissals deflection.

Bro knew what was up.

OR he just wanted to give her a little push... His "like" might have a meaning of friendship, and judging by his talk to the big sis, I believe he's fully aware of Hana (and his big sis)'s orientation. AND looking at his face in pg.425! He's a true team player man!

last edited at Feb 27, 2018 10:32AM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I thought Plot Device-kun was a butch girl with a short haircut for the first couple of pages they were in.

joined Mar 15, 2017

His "like" might have a meaning of friendship

No, it's clear that it was a love confession.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

The question is, how serious was the confession. It definitely was one, but he knows her pretty well by now and how she's not interested in guys. He seems pretty perceptive, and knows that the two of them are on the verge of a romantic relationship but just need to push through that last barrier between them.

My thought is that he's Good Guy Plot Device-kun, giving a confession in order to force her to make the decision to be firm about dating his cousin.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

I thought Plot Device-kun was a butch girl with a short haircut for the first couple of pages they were in.

Me too lol.

Nice 1 shot!

Img_4897
joined Oct 27, 2017

I'm aware that this is sacrilege on a Yuri board, but part of me wanted her to end up with the Nanase guy. They had some legitimately good chemistry.

Still, good story with a good ending.

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

He wasn't looking for reciprocation when he confessed, he just wanted to make his feelings known, and give Hana the motivation she needed to power through Shiori's dismissals deflection.

Bro knew what was up.

Yeah, when I read it the first time on Yuri Hime, that's how I saw it. She was unsure if she was really in love with Shiori after being told she was just "in love with love", so he confesses to her. Being confessed and having the opportunity of being in a romance, she was sure she wasn't in love with love because it had to be Shiori. I don't even know if he really loved her that way or he was just doing it to help her, but he clearly had no delusion of being reciprocated. His face at the end tells everything.

And in the end, he didn't really look like he was in love with her in the whole thing.

joined Apr 25, 2017

The question is, how serious was the confession. It definitely was one, but he knows her pretty well by now and how she's not interested in guys. He seems pretty perceptive, and knows that the two of them are on the verge of a romantic relationship but just need to push through that last barrier between them.

My thought is that he's Good Guy Plot Device-kun, giving a confession in order to force her to make the decision to be firm about dating his cousin.

Define butch. Is butch the way you look, or the way you act or your role in bed?

joined Apr 28, 2016

Yup, Nezchan's got it. He went in knowing he was going to be shot down, but his goal wasn't to get Hana to go out with him (though he probably wishes it could've been).

Nanase had been encouraging Shiori for awhile by then, but he had pushed her as far as she was willing to go. He knew it was up to Hana to close the rest of the distance.

I really feel for Nanase. He clearly sees what both of them are up to, particularly his cousin. He knows Shiori enjoys playing the "cool big sis" role with Hana, but it leaves the latter very unsatisfied with the relationship. Nanase sees that Shiori is (unintentionally) stringing Hana along, and that that isn't fair.

Plus based on his comments about how Shiori's behavior around Hana is atypical of her, he recognized that the attraction between the two is mutual.

last edited at Feb 27, 2018 1:27PM

joined Feb 18, 2015

It's cute and I like it, but wow does it skim over parts of the story.

Like on page 412, where she says "Aren't I always saying it?" I'm like "No, this is the first time the story has shown you saying it, and until now I thought only a day or two had gone by". That's some pretty extreme "tell, don't show" going on there.

But then there's a montage of her telling her how she feels about her in various ways on the next page. And right before the classmate had already given the indication that she and the plot device walk to the cafe together often enough that the kids at school think they are an item, so it's pretty clear that it's been a while and not just a couple of days.

joined Apr 28, 2016

It's cute and I like it, but wow does it skim over parts of the story.

Like on page 412, where she says "Aren't I always saying it?" I'm like "No, this is the first time the story has shown you saying it, and until now I thought only a day or two had gone by". That's some pretty extreme "tell, don't show" going on there.

But then there's a montage of her telling her how she feels about her in various ways on the next page. And right before the classmate had already given the indication that she and the plot device walk to the cafe together often enough that the kids at school think they are an item, so it's pretty clear that it's been a while and not just a couple of days.

Same, I came to the same interpretation of time and had no issues with the pacing.

last edited at Feb 27, 2018 12:57PM

Bae
joined Jun 11, 2017

I don't have discord, but whenever you need some raws from the Yurihime, you can always ask :)
You can contact me in private or through Chaosteam page
- Cy -

last edited at Feb 27, 2018 1:04PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Define butch. Is butch the way you look, or the way you act or your role in bed?

I know you're obsessed with butch/femme and top/bottom for some reason, but I never said anything about it in the comment you quoted.

joined Apr 28, 2016

It can be either one of those things, both, or neither depending on whom you ask and the context you ask them in.

It's a nebulous term and there's no indication Nezchan was using it with any prejudicial intentions or connotations.

last edited at Feb 27, 2018 1:25PM

08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

I loved the "guy is just a plot device" bit, hahahaahaha. This kind of manga cheers me up.

To reply you must either login or sign up.