Forum › Tremolo discussion

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

These old school manga have the most unrealistic art. I'm too experienced with proper manga to believe Japanese people have noses

Fb_img_1479131434796
joined Oct 6, 2014

This was... surprisingly realistic. I like it.

The dynamic of the parents. Two girls discovering another side of themselves with each other. The lingering societal pressures. I'm kind of curious how they're going to get past that and get a happy ending.

And really, didn't even think that the character looked boyish until I read the comments here. Honestly the hate that butch and bisexual girls get on this website...

...is repulsive tbh.

Rsz_1465926231839
joined Jun 24, 2015

This was... surprisingly realistic. I like it.

The dynamic of the parents. Two girls discovering another side of themselves with each other. The lingering societal pressures. I'm kind of curious how they're going to get past that and get a happy ending.

And really, didn't even think that the character looked boyish until I read the comments here. Honestly the hate that butch and bisexual girls get on this website...

...is repulsive tbh.

Butch women are fine. So long as they like being a women and not just trying to be a guy. Defeats the whole purpose of the yuri, I think. Can't be a lesbian if you're a guy, right? I mean I see a lot of these trannies stories popping up and it makes you wonder. What is yuri any more? Is it as it used to be simply two biological women finding comfort and love in each other or is it just an outward apperence that anyone can participate in? strange, dark days indeed. And bisexual women want to fuck men. Enough said

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Sullivan posted:

I mean I see a lot of these trannies stories popping up and it makes you wonder.

You do realize this would be the same thing as saying "I see a lot of faggot stories popping up," in regards to yaoi or "I see a lot of dyke stories popping up," in regards to yuri, right?

Rsz_1465926231839
joined Jun 24, 2015

But that's not the same thing. Not even close. You can't just put on a dress and some make up, and call yourself a women. You can't just call that yuri. Simply putting on an image doesn't make you that thing. I put on a cop suit, am I a cop now? Do I now belong in a cops and robber story because I wear the outfit? I didnt think we based yuri off what is seen on the surface rather than what is at the heart. Which is, or was I guess girl love. But now it's "dress like a girl, but dont take the outift off and its awwwwwright". that's shallow my friend. In very poor taste

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Sullivan posted:

But that's not the same thing. Not even close. You can't just put on a dress and some make up, and call yourself a women. You can't just call that yuri. Simply putting on an image doesn't make you that thing. I put on a cop suit, am I a cop now? Do I now belong in a cops and robber story because I wear the outfit? I didnt think we based yuri off what is seen on the surface rather than what is at the heart. Which is, or was I guess girl love. But now it's "dress like a girl, but dont take the outift off and its awwwwwright". that's shallow my friend. In very poor taste

Transgenderism is another debate altogether that doesn't belong in this thread. (Specifically one which many thousands of experts with years of experience regarding the subject state you are wrong on but that's beside the point.) I'm saying you are referring to transgender people with an offensive slur.

Doctoraaaaaa
joined Apr 14, 2015

oh the times we live in...what even is yuri anymore....the end is near....
I feel like the mc is usually the one in "denial" in most yuri stories, could be wrong tho.
I like that it ended on a hopefull note, I do prefer happy sugary ends but I liked this one.

"My body doens't exist just for men." preach

joined Jan 17, 2017

This is great because
a: a little realism is fine too. My fave yuri stories are ones that I can relate to personally; ones that echo in some way my life experiences.
b: I can't deal with how humorously poorly the butch dresses, like please learn your shoulder measurement, but still I get why you would want to overcompensate in that sort of gendered direction as a response to a history of sexual abuse.
c: dang, the denial is so strong at the end with the whole "I only like guys, okay?!" bit at the end. That's really precious and relatable and it really just looks like her sense of heteronormativity is starting to seriously break down.

joined Jan 17, 2017

Also if you're going to go off about trans folk, do it in another thread where it's relevant and keep slurs out of it.

Rsz_1465926231839
joined Jun 24, 2015

Sullivan posted:

Transgenderism is another debate altogether that doesn't belong in this thread. (Specifically one which many thousands of experts with years of experience regarding the subject state you are wrong on but that's beside the point.) I'm saying you are referring to transgender people with an offensive slur.

What did "thousands" of "experts" prove me wrong on? I never said it was a mental illness, I only said it doesn't belong in the lesbian genre of things. You can't change nature, nor can you redefine it. You can only alter the outward apperence. And again, that's a shallow view that shouldn't be the first thing to look at to determine something.

Healing-punchiiiii
joined Jan 21, 2016

Even if Yumura likes guys too, and ends up choosing to be socially "straight" as an adult, her physical interest in Kurahashi is pretty undeniable. She's at least bi, even if she decides not to explore that part of herself in the future. I'm pretty fine with that outcome, if only because they specifically and consciously allow Kurahashi to reject that path for herself. For her, at least, it's not a phase, and they don't treat it as one. They might stay together, or they might not - but the good ending isn't contingent on their relationship status. They found something in each other that allowed them to understand themselves and their place in the world a little better, and the experience let them grow as people.

I guess that's satisfying enough for me because it didn't really feel like a love story? The love was the means, and not the end, so the fact that it didn't end with them conclusively together felt fine. I didn't feel as if the story tricked me into getting invested in their romance and their feelings for each other, so it was fine for the ending to emphasise their growth instead.

This English is great. :)

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Sullivan posted:

What did "thousands" of "experts" prove me wrong on? I never said it was a mental illness, I only said it doesn't belong in the lesbian genre of things. You can't change nature, nor can you redefine it. You can only alter the outward apperence. And again, that's a shallow view that shouldn't be the first thing to look at to determine something.

Sullivan

Listen, I for one have had enough of this bullshit so quit it right now. You want to throw that bigoted shit around, take it somewhere else. I'm sure you can find a circle-jerk who doesn't think trans women are actually women somewhere. There are lots of uninformed assholes in this world, they'll welcome you with open arms.

Anything further from you on the subject will be deleted immediately. This is not an invitation to debate the issue.

Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

wut a disgusting ending
this is fiction,
let me be happy for fuck sake -_-

I mean, what do you want to happen? This is the story the author wanted to write and I assume you didn't commission this.

I fail to see what's disgusting about the ending, too. Is it that one of the girls said she still likes boys even after she had a romantic/sexual encounter with a girl? That's not exactly a novel idea, or an unrealistic one. Further, what does it being fiction have to do with anything? Not all fiction is created to make readers happy, though if that is what you want there's plenty of yuri that is exactly that.

edit: Woah, I did not read the rest of the thread. There's not much for me to add that hasn't been said already, so I'll just add my support to Nez and the others.

Also, people should really get over the idea that butch girls are somehow trying to be a man or whatever. That's just ridiculous, not to mention dehumanizing and objectifying. Same goes for saying that a trans man or woman isn't really a man or woman.

Continuing to find attitudes and beliefs like these is just disappointing, and on a site focused largely on lesbian fiction it's upsetting that even a handful of people would be so disrespectful to people that aren't like them.

last edited at Feb 20, 2018 8:56PM

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Non-moe art ? Just pondering. Even though the old-school art had somewhat large eyes for everyone.

Yeah agreed with this.

Ugh why do 90% of old school yuri had one of the girl looking like a boy?!

This is repulsive tbh.

ur repulsive tbh (sorry)

Edit: After reading the story it's actually super-duper cute and I don't know how anyone could not like it?? Kurahashi looked nothing like a guy either, she just had short hair...

last edited at Feb 20, 2018 10:02PM

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Sullivan posted:

I didnt think we based yuri off what is seen on the surface rather than what is at the heart.

You just answered yourself. Kinda ironic you say this after you yourself didn't take inside into account.

A2bcf11834a1918b3f09b4219b2a099f_r
joined Aug 16, 2014

Also, people should really get over the idea that butch girls are somehow trying to be a man or whatever. That's just ridiculous, not to mention dehumanizing and objectifying. Same goes for saying that a trans man or woman isn't really a man or woman.

Continuing to find attitudes and beliefs like these is just disappointing, and on a site focused largely on lesbian fiction it's upsetting that even a handful of people would be so disrespectful to people that aren't like them.

We need to welcome these people to Dynasty by readying a steady supply of yuri featuring butch women and transwomen.

Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

^this. very this

joined Dec 17, 2017

This would be better as a series.

Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

This would be better as a series.

I don't think the story really has the legs for a series. Maybe a sequel or some sort of epilogue, but everything is pretty neatly wrapped up by the end of this.

Your_hair_has_gotten_longer_by_folksneedheroes-d5l5v69
joined Apr 23, 2015

That was nice.
She didn't really look much like and guy and I wouldn't care if she did. Love is love and a good story is a good story. And we got both right here.

Parents were a lively element.

Really liked the beginning. the idea of her making her lunch and swapping it out at some point. ha! So bold. Then pestering her with a key. That flashback was good too. Such a simple encounter that one of the girls didn't even think much of it.

thanks for translating this!

Hotyangicon3
joined Jun 6, 2013

I want to know that secret method to getting a man to eat out of your hand if I have to go that route. But I'm hoping I'll have my own yuri route, but like this pretty real comic discusses...

3real5me. Brilliant story and cozy artwork. Relaxing in a way.

last edited at Feb 22, 2018 2:54AM

Screen%20shot%202016-04-20%20at%207.35.18%20am
joined Dec 20, 2015

Does the secret method work on women too? I’d like to know for... research purposes

23519190_1784036034940610_3865802561690641399_n
joined Oct 4, 2016

Every time I see this thread pop up, I get "Moving in Stereo" by The Cars stuck in my head.

Screenshot_2018-10-31%20dynasty%20reader%20%c2%bb%20fusoroi%20no%20renri%20ch13
joined Jul 1, 2014

This has been said before on this site and people still don't get it, but:

lesbians don't exist for people's fantasies.
We come in all shapes and sizes and looks. Expecting every yuri story on here to have long haired femmes is just ridiculous.

PS: I love tomboys <3

Yuri%20ultimate
joined Feb 5, 2015

The recent hate on this site for trans people, “tomboys”, and anything else not “pure yuri” is... upsetting. I may have to avoid the forums for a while. Nezchan, I don't think I've said this yet but I appreciate everything you (and the other staff members) do for the community here. And thank you to everyone else who stood up for these things as well.

As far as the story itself, I got the feeling it was a bit of teasing. Either way, they both seem to have reached an understanding of themselves and each other, and that's enough of a happy ending for me.

last edited at Mar 2, 2018 6:18PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.