Forum › Citrus discussion

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

Sorry but this looks like HORRIBLE writing. At least for Mei. She is just a submissive pushover again. She can talk about "It is my decision" all she wants but it is not. How is accepting the arranged marriage her decision? It has nothing to do with the Academy. It is only to please what she thinks her grandfather wants...WITHOUT EVERY TALKING TO HIM ABOUT IT! I mean what the fuck? She never asked him "Do I have to marry some random guy you chose for me?" Nope. Just a good submissive Japanese wife. God forbid she gets any character development. No. Wont happen. Her fiance will see her ring, make the connection with Yuzu and tell her she does not have to marry him. She wont act herself. Others have to do it for her like it has always been.

UranusAndNeptuneAreJustCousins
joined Sep 6, 2015

Fipse
The marriage was not mentioned, as far as I am aware of.

Edit: Never mind, lol, I did not see it was posted in the meantime. I thought we were still discussing raws, and no one said anything about the marriage there.

last edited at Feb 17, 2018 2:49PM

We
joined Feb 5, 2018

Wont happen. Her fiance will see her ring, make the connection with Yuzu and tell her she does not have to marry him. She wont act herself. Others have to do it for her like it has always been.

Exactly! That's the point!

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

Sorry but this looks like HORRIBLE writing. At least for Mei. She is just a submissive pushover again. She can talk about "It is my decision" all she wants but it is not. How is accepting the arranged marriage her decision? It has nothing to do with the Academy. It is only to please what she thinks her grandfather wants...WITHOUT EVERY TALKING TO HIM ABOUT IT! I mean what the fuck? She never asked him "Do I have to marry some random guy you chose for me?" Nope. Just a good submissive Japanese wife. God forbid she gets any character development. No. Wont happen. Her fiance will see her ring, make the connection with Yuzu and tell her she does not have to marry him. She wont act herself. Others have to do it for her like it has always been.

I'll forgive Saburouta if the ending is a joke, like:
Yuzu: But gramps, I love her. I want to marry her.
Mei's grandfather: Is that so? Ok, then, that's fine, go ahead. Why no one told me that before?

Capture
joined Feb 5, 2017

will there be a 10th volume?

We
joined Feb 5, 2018

@up ofc, this is now the end of story.

Now we can only have hope Saburo Uta have some plan how fix all of this.

last edited at Feb 17, 2018 2:07PM

Arg
joined Jan 17, 2014

This is a insult to soap operas

Tumblr_inline_oxf1gj0pl71rjsbp5_400
joined Jun 23, 2017

She is just a submissive pushover again. She can talk about "It is my decision" all she wants but it is not. How is accepting the arranged marriage her decision?

She decided to inherit the school and we have talked at length how for the sake of reputation you can't lead a school of rich young girl if you're a lesbian. Don't hate Saburouta, hate the country!

Of course, Mei is still weak and she is running away. But she is running away out of her own accord. Using pride, honour, work or whatever to flee from your feeling isn't out of character. I'm still a bit disappointed, but that doesn't make it bad writing in my book.

But this chapter was not what i expected. Ending of 35 chapter looked like "cliffhanger" for me. And what we got? Time-skip.

It's stretching things a bit yes, perhaps she judged it would be better to solve everything in another manner than to have Mei magically saying "ok fuck the school and my duty, I'm going to live a good love life with my lesbian step-sister".

I would've wished that but that's just my wishes and it wouldn't have made sense. Perhaps the time skip is the time Mei needs to stand for herself and make her choice. But the poor thing needs help most for managing her love life. Perhaps daddy, perhaps shirapon or even eyebrow-chan.

And the suffering is what brought (and many readers) to love the story, so she couldn't end it without one last big drama. At some point, you should have known and stopped as many did.

last edited at Feb 17, 2018 2:31PM

joined Nov 5, 2017

This manga has one of the worst writing I've seen in a yuri series ever. I like Yuzu a lot and I feel bad for her, I'd love to take her out of this trash manga and put her in another yuri romance where she can be with a girl who deserves her love, but those are just my delusions. It's so obvious this cheap, poor excuse of an arc will end with Yuzu and Mei married.

F6027a7c125b156932db27aa264cfb2a
joined Jul 3, 2015

Why does it feel like this series never gets anywhere? at this point im just bored out of my mind. Try something new, the whole thing just smells of cliche farts.

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

She decided to inherit the school and we have talked at length how for the sake of reputation you can't lead a school of rich young girl if you're a lesbian. Don't hate Saburouta, hate the country!

So do not marry at all and life together with your "sister"?

Tumblr_inline_oxf1gj0pl71rjsbp5_400
joined Jun 23, 2017

Why does it feel like this series never gets anywhere?

It's going somewhere, just not the way you like, I guess.

So do not marry at all and life together with your "sister"?

Single women are frowned upon in Japan, when you're close to 30yo, if you're still single everybody begins to tell you "It'd be time you married a man and make some children". Once again, hate the country, not the author!

last edited at Feb 17, 2018 2:33PM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Wtv posted:

I'll forgive Saburouta if the ending is a joke, like:
Yuzu: But gramps, I love her. I want to marry her.
Mei's grandfather: Is that so? Ok, then, that's fine, go ahead. Why no one told me that before?

If that truly happens this will be funnier than Goku Blanco

Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

This manga has one of the worst writing I've seen in a yuri series ever. I like Yuzu a lot and I feel bad for her, I'd love to take her out of this trash manga and put her in another yuri romance where she can be with a girl who deserves her love, but those are just my delusions. It's so obvious this cheap, poor excuse of an arc will end with Yuzu and Mei married.

Just cause a story has less happy parts and the characters have to go through struggles and hardships doesn't make it bad. You might not like the fact, but it doesn't mean it's awful writing.

Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

Just looking forward to how this is going to get resolved.

joined Jan 11, 2018

Why does it feel like this series never gets anywhere? at this point im just bored out of my mind. Try something new, the whole thing just smells of cliche farts.

It never goes anywhere because Mei doesn't know how normal humans act.

joined Nov 5, 2017

Just cause a story has less happy parts and the characters have to go through struggles and hardships doesn't make it bad. You might not like the fact, but it doesn't mean it's awful writing.

Except it's bad writing. Read the manga as a whole so far, the author loves contrived, cheap drama. But she doesn't know how to cause the drama, so she adds a third whole to the scheme (gramps, Matsuri, twins, Harumin's sister, Shirapon, the gramps/fiance again). This happens every arc. It's repetitive, it doesn't make sense how contrived it is, and it's a cheap way to cause drama. I'm fine with a story having sad moments, but this is plain shit-tier writing.

26994326_2078073929078257_7549295234998882413_n
joined Jan 28, 2018

someones badmouthing Mei,another ones badmouthing Yuzu another badmouthing SU.people here being so rude.I have never seen any sites or groups in which people are so rude.

Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

Except it's bad writing. Read the manga as a whole so far, the author loves contrived, cheap drama. But she doesn't know how to cause the drama, so she adds a third whole to the scheme (gramps, Matsuri, twins, Harumin's sister, Shirapon, the gramps/fiance again). This happens every arc. It's repetitive, it doesn't make sense how contrived it is, and it's a cheap way to cause drama. I'm fine with a story having sad moments, but this is plain shit-tier writing.

It might be 'low quality' writing compared to other manga such as One Punch Man etc., but this is a drama manga about two 16 year old steph-sisters falling in love. With the base plot that is has, there isn't much to work with to make it an amazing well thought out deep emotional introspective manga. It's more about Mei's development than anything else really, and yeah Saburo Uta 'drags it on' by adding new characters, but that's just to keep the story going and create new situations for Mei to develop in. What do you want her to do? Derail this manga's plot and initial setting suddenly warping them into a completely different style of plot development and continuation so as to make it higher tier quality? If the author wanted that she'd have made it so from the beginning. But she doesn't, she's just writing a cliche filled drama about Mei and her growth through meeting and falling in love with Yuzu.
If you want something fancier then go read something else. It's been 36 chapters, you should have been able to figure out whether you like it and want to continue reading it or not. Just cause something is cliche'd and not very intricate and difficult at first sight doesn't mean it's horribly bad. Just means it's not your thing.

last edited at Feb 17, 2018 2:51PM

can someone just turn this into a NTR hentai so we can atleast get some use out of the good looking characters.

how this was chosen to be adapted as anime idk

Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

someones badmouthing Mei,another ones badmouthing Yuzu another badmouthing SU.people here being so rude.I have never seen any sites or groups in which people are so rude.

There are plenty of people here who like the manga. Negative feedback is just more readily posted than positive ones. Tbh dynasty scans is pretty mild compared to some other sites out there. Part of the reason being gatekeeper Nez-chan. (Thank you for your continuous work and effort.)

last edited at Feb 17, 2018 2:54PM

mei’s whole family is a bunch of selfish cucks

really want yuzu to find someone else

Avvvvvvvvv
joined May 20, 2016

Citrus sure always manages to attract a lot of attention. And, as always, the reactions here are diametrically opposite from the ones that the Japanese readers had, that's pretty funny.

last edited at Feb 17, 2018 2:57PM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Well, someone is talking about cucks and wants ntr, we can't get any lower

joined Jan 11, 2018

Well, someone is talking about cucks and wants ntr, we can't get any lower

There's always vore.

To reply you must either login or sign up.