Forum › Citrus discussion

Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

When your whole argument is boiled down to "it's just your opinion, man" you know you cant defend your own.

Again, I dont have to drone on trying to teach someone who eats trash that they are eating trash, this time everyone else will do it for me. The scanlation team already warned everyone how bad the chapter is and /u/ is having a meltdown over it. Sometime your opinion is in the tiny minority and you will have to accept that your treasure is everyone else's trash.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Okay, enough is too much. Cannibal, take a day off. More picking fights will earn you more, so by all means keep it up.

Klice C'mon now, you know better. Just leave them to their bile.

Copy%20of%20corn%20thief%20maki%20maki%201
joined Jun 17, 2014

When your whole argument is boiled down to "it's just your opinion, man" you know you cant defend your own.

Again, I dont have to drone on trying to teach someone who eats trash that they are eating trash, this time everyone else will do it for me. The scanlation team already warned everyone how bad the chapter is and /u/ is having a meltdown over it. Sometime your opinion is in the tiny minority and you will have to accept that your treasure is everyone else's trash.

Ill eat this trash with pride. lol i find it funny people are having a meltdown because of this chapter.

joined Jun 17, 2014

If you like random time skips that give the author an excuse to completely cut out a story arc because she is trying to end the shit show after cashing in the anime check then you like trash. How can you support this shit?

I pity anyone that kept buying books past volume 4.

Don't want your stupid pity still going to buy it because i enjoy it and support Yuri.

Support bad yuri, recieve nothing but bad yuri.

It good yuri. stop being triggered. :3 you do not know de wey~

joined Jun 17, 2014

I'm sorry people talked about things in ways you didn't approve of.

You're such a fucking hypocrite, Nez.

i love the drama here.

Etult87ueaawqbz_%20(2)
joined Oct 15, 2016

Not even an hour has passed since the ban and you already made an alt account to continue to bash something you don't like on the internet? Whats the point?

joined Jun 17, 2014

It good yuri. stop being triggered. :3 you do not know de wey~

Yuri so bad that even the scanlation group had to warn fans about how bad it is going to be.

im really having a blast with the reaction its music to my ears.

joined Jun 17, 2014

Not even an hour has passed since the ban and you already made an alt account to continue to bash something you don't like on the internet? Whats the point?

they want senpais attention and they dont have enough citrus in their diet.

last edited at Feb 16, 2018 10:05PM

Etult87ueaawqbz_%20(2)
joined Oct 15, 2016

they want senpais attention.

Playing the tsundere its a little played out IMO. But hey, you go Cannibal-chan.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Cannibal

Enough fucking whining over a one day ban. Continue making new accounts, and that one day will be turned into permanent/

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Everyone else

Please just move on. The whole point is to stop the silly drama and get back to talking about the actual chapters.

last edited at Feb 16, 2018 10:10PM

joined Jun 17, 2014

this chapter is the best chapter than all the other chapters combined. my poor little yuzu its going to be okay. :p

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

this chapter is the best chapter than all the other chapters combined. my poor little yuzu its going to be okay. :p

Not all heroes wear capes.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

I think Citrus wasted its potential, but on the other hand I can understand why people like it, cos I used to read and get invested in series using similar cheap tricks. They don't work on my anymore, but mangas still keep on using them, because they were that effective in the first place. So I can imagine there is a lot of people for whom it will be enough to get them hooked up or they simply don't mind it, as they enjoy it for what it is. So even if you want to say manga is objectively bad, there is still plenty of reasons people might read and like it anyway.

In other words, Cannibal, sometimes people will enjoy something regardless how much you think it is terrible and you need to learn how to live with it instead of taking out your salt on internet, because that is not healthy for you.

last edited at Feb 16, 2018 10:35PM

Etult87ueaawqbz_%20(2)
joined Oct 15, 2016

Maybe i hated this chapter cuz it reminded me of a past romances where i was dumped aside with no explanation given. That type of attitude sucks and it makes Mei highly unlikeable and a tad irredeemable to me.

Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

Am I the only one who's not surprised?
Mei has been iffy on the relationship from the very beginning, and clearly was still loyal to the grandfather. Sadly, this was kind of inevitable.

I don't think this is a way of skipping the story arc. It's an unfortunate development WITHIN the story arc.

We
joined Feb 5, 2018

Guys... Its just manga.... Keep calm... Seriously... Be honest this new chapter is... low. Just low. We can only have hope next chapter will give us something good. Or we can stop read this.

Tumblr_inline_oxf1gj0pl71rjsbp5_400
joined Jun 23, 2017

Mei has been iffy on the relationship from the very beginning, and clearly was still loyal to the grandfather. Sadly, this was kind of inevitable.

I don't think this is a way of skipping the story arc. It's an unfortunate development WITHIN the story arc.

Not (really) surprised, still hurt a bit to see it happening. I mean it seemed obvious from the past chapters that the school and responsibilities is what Mei put first and foremost since the start of the story, so it seems "logical" for her to go down that route. I guess the point of the arc is either somebody (her Dad, Yuzu's mum?) or Mei herself making Mei realising that this may not be the best route for her after all.

The wait will be long...

Be honest this new chapter is... low. Just low. [...] Or we can stop read this.

If you meant it hurt badly, I guess it is. It's emotionally "bad" for the characters, because "we" want them to be happy but it makes sense, so it's not really bad. That said, I'll keep reading it, because I think it's worth it in the end!

Klice C'mon now, you know better. Just leave them to their bile.

Apologies.

We
joined Feb 5, 2018

I mean bad writing.

joined Jan 20, 2018

Do you want me to fix your formatting there, Hiromi?

No

Mog2
joined Jul 29, 2017

Not (really) surprised, still hurt a bit to see it happening. I mean it seemed obvious from the past chapters that the school and responsibilities is what Mei put first and foremost since the start of the story, so it seems "logical" for her to go down that route. I guess the point of the arc is either somebody (her Dad, Yuzu's mum?) or Mei herself making Mei realising that this may not be the best route for her after all.

There are two ways to follow your path. Mei chose that route because she firmly believes it's what she wants, but this path has been offered to her. She just embraced it. Is it really the path she has the strong will to follow (to quote Mitsuko in chapter 20)? I doubt it because she recognized she couldn't be in front of Yuzu without breaking down. So her will is challenged.

Mitsuko said someone who knows the difference between a path chosen with a strong will and path accepted because it's already given can build his/her own path.

Maybe that's what Mei will need to realize.

UranusAndNeptuneAreJustCousins
joined Sep 6, 2015

Yeah, basically this. Mei has been torn between her responsibilities towards the school and her feelings for Yuzu precisely because both matter to her a great deal, but all of a sudden people are behaving as though the choice she made here makes no sense, which is just not true. The readers wanted them together, so that is an out-of-universe preferred choice, but from Mei's perspective both options make sense in their own ways, and to be perfectly honest, given her social position, her choosing family and duty (at least initially) is in my opinion more believable, and in line with what we are given of Mei's character so far. Choosing her feelings over everything else is not very Mei-like, and would seem more like escapism fulfilment for the benefit of the readers.

This series had some problems with writing, most memorably the monster-of-the-week style of earlier chapters, and later the arranged marriage popping up again (marriage itself made sense, but not mentioning it for 8 volumes did not). This chapter does not sound like bad writing, though to actually know this, I first need to read it in English. Besides, this is not the last chapter. My guess is that Klice is right, this will serve to make Mei realise Yuzu is more important to her.

Tumblr_inline_oxf1gj0pl71rjsbp5_400
joined Jun 23, 2017

I mean bad writing.

I don't think so, it follows the intrigue quite logically. Some could say it's cop out (for Mei as well, ironically), but since it makes sense, I can't help but feel like it's one's own feeling that comes into the judgment (obv). Of course, I would've hoped a deus ex machina of any sort, I guess I would've liked to see Mei struggle with her decision a bit more and maybe try to make it work... But that are just my wishes, that something different has happened isn't bad writing. It's simple, but it's not bad.

Some find it bad because it's simple and they think if something isn't overly smart and subtle, then it's bad. Some just hate the drama, for whatever reasons, so they call it forced and try to dismiss it as cheap tricks or whatever. Some just don't like it, I guess. It's more by the book, than bad : my reasons are because it makes me feel something (so the intent is there for me and numerous people) and it makes sense inside the scope of the story (that'd be bad if it didn't).

Sorry for the rambling!

Is it really the path she has the strong will to follow (to quote Mitsuko in chapter 20)? I doubt it because she recognized she couldn't be in front of Yuzu without breaking down. So her will is challenged.

Yeah, I say it's Mei's choice but the fact that, in the translation I've read, she says that she can't face Yuzu or she would falter... I mean, it's an easy cop-out, I do it all the time : take shelter in "duties" and taking the "most reasonable" decision just because you're afraid of dealing with your emotions and insecurities...

I admit time-skip are frustrating, I would've wished to see how Yuzu had reacted when she read the letter the first time. The fact that she seems to still be devastated two years (?) later makes me wary of her state at the time. A week long of crying not moving from your bed? All the sad faces of her friend, which probably happen daily.. Damn, the angst, the suffering. Saburouta-sensei's strong, really strong at messing with her characters (and mine) feelings. But more importantly, I wonder what she did, did she try to get Mei back or did she, as I was thinking, just give up her love to let Mei follow her own choices? It seems to be the latter.

last edited at Feb 17, 2018 12:43PM

Mog2
joined Jul 29, 2017

I don't think she let down her love. She's still wearing the ring. It is a sign, she's waiting for her. she probably couldn't intervene. Mei acted when she wasn't home. And deep down, Yuzu already understand that she's was the proactive one, sometimes too proactive she thought, and she cannot decides for Mei. Mei has to come back by her own will. If Yuzu strikes and fight, she knows Mei will cede, but will she have Mei's true desires? Maybe she'll strike in volume 10, after all, it's Yuzu.

For the time-skip: 6:7 months. Chapter 35, it was late summer, in September for the beginning of the second semester of 2nd year. Year, it's the third year, in April (sakura petals).

last edited at Feb 17, 2018 4:19PM by Nezchan

We
joined Feb 5, 2018

Ok Klice maybe not bad writing... But this chapter was not what i expected. Ending of 35 chapter looked like "cliffhanger" for me. And what we got? Time-skip.

To reply you must either login or sign up.