Forum › My Story of Being Loved discussion

Reimu-shock
joined Mar 27, 2015

ill subscribe this artist from now on

Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

That was bland. Lacked in depth and emotional aspect. Forgettable.

you just describe 70 percent of the content in this page

2641afdd-9dc4-4327-a1c3-a5b558c33522
joined Mar 12, 2014

Meh, I just couldn't get around the over the top plot/setting to actually enjoy the Yuri aspect of this one

Korrasami
joined Dec 14, 2014

Whattttt that it.???

last edited at Feb 2, 2018 2:44AM

Korrasami
joined Dec 14, 2014

That was bland. Lacked in depth and emotional aspect. Forgettable.

you just describe 70 percent of the content in this page

Yes it was

Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

I think this is a sweet wish fulfillment story. It's no masterpiece, but the concept is very romantic and the art is cute. Might be one of my personal favorites. I'll keep an eye on this author.

last edited at Feb 2, 2018 3:24AM

UranusAndNeptuneAreJustCousins
joined Sep 6, 2015

This was such a lovely story, great feels. Will definitely keep an eye on this author.
My only complaint, and it is a minor one, is that the ending could have benefited from an additional page or two.

joined Oct 10, 2016

Sorry for my vocabulary, but I have one phrase for Satoko.

Attention whore.

Download%20(11)
joined Jan 27, 2016

Damm Ninjas cutting onions again

joined Apr 12, 2014

i wish some cute rich girl kidnapped me too and said she'd let me live at her mansion and pay me and feed me

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

^ Kidnapping is a crime, y'know...

This author seems to have a thing for the Manic Pixie Dream Girl trope, even if they usually give them some depths to somewhat offset the pure wish fulfillment value... I wonder if it's just a thing the author does, like Mochi and incest, or it's a selection bias by the translators.

joined Mar 31, 2017

This could be turned into a nice series

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

Still felt weird and shorter than it actually is, but it's a step up from the last one. And I still love this artist's artstyle.

This story is older, tho. The last one was on the last month edition from YH. This one was from last year.

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

Sorry for my vocabulary, but I have one phrase for Satoko.

Attention whore.

Here's another less shitty and judgemental one: isolating and neglectful childhood.

Kinchan%20drawing%20maru%20%20dfhgsdhfsdhgsdf%20i%20lov%20e
joined Dec 21, 2015

There was missing something. It was ok I guess, but it felt too mawlish and predictable. Also the "familiy background story" felt more like a parody than heartbreaking. Maybe the next story is more convincing and thus better. :>

But maybe I compared it too much with "Misery" (Steven King), which had another direction.

Yeah, I almost immediately thought of Misery too! Although this is significantly less creepy.

Vhedwvd
joined Dec 10, 2017

I would like to see a full manga of this

Healing-punchiiiii
joined Jan 21, 2016

Oh... This has a really nice art.
Also quite unique, I don't think I've read anything similar. I wish it was longer - not as much as 10 chapters but just enough to show that Satoko finally becomes happy.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

spiels posted:

Oh... This has a really nice art.
Also quite unique, I don't think I've read anything similar. I wish it was longer - not as much as 10 chapters but just enough to show that Satoko finally becomes happy.

It'd also be nice if they delved into the issue with her family a bit more. It's left far too vague to come to any real conclusions on when it's clearly intended to be an important piece of the story.

%d0%91%d0%b5%d0%b7-%d0%b8%d0%bc%d0%b5%d0%bd%d0%b8-1
joined Jan 4, 2017

Theory 1
- Satoko's rich mother married again. But something happened, she died. But left all, or biggest part of money to her daughter, instead of new husband. He found/or already had new wife. Still bitter. But she called man Father, and woman Step-mother, so maybe marriage thing happened when she was small.
Theory 2
- Satoko lost parents and kidnapped/bought this family. This is why they don't consider them as her family. Pretty sad tho. They could act a bit friendly for money at least.
Theory 3
- Satoko's mother cheated.
Theory 4
- Satoko's father is a$$hole

Anyways, poor girl. Not attention whore as it was mentioned here. But actually lonely person. That couldn't even ask for attention properly. But buying author you have crush on is pretty original.

last edited at Feb 2, 2018 11:24AM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Theory 5
- Satoko's parents found out she's a lesbian and disowned her, but still feel some weird responsibility to make sure she's taken care of physically.

Senjougahara_sama
Rowow
joined Jun 12, 2017

She fuckin bought her lol. That was very strange.

Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

I couldn't take this seriously after the scene with her father and step-mother. It was so incredibly melodramatic that I thought it must have been a dream-sequence. I'd like to think that the whole story was actually another book being written, and the author was actually struggling with her writing in real life.

Together_forever
joined Jul 6, 2013

Pretty rushed given how much it tried to cover, still it was pretty nice. I'd love to get a proper series from this author.

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

Surprisingly sweet and touching for such a ridiculously artificial premise.

Ee7a56fbe938317ada89a8848b9d2a4b
joined May 7, 2015

This author is great, they are able to condense a cute story with little amount of pages, kind of melodramatic but not over the top, I hope to see more from this author.

To reply you must either login or sign up.