Forum › My Story of Being Loved discussion

Aru23
joined Jun 24, 2013

Skillfully crafted story, setting and characters, but the sudden ending left me a little dumbfounded. But as the translator said, hoping to see more of this author.

Best Mangaka Rohan
25dfc3e30a88f17394a8d2037430b766
joined Dec 13, 2016

That was really unique and lovely

Screenshot_2017-06-30-15-13-16
joined Sep 11, 2016

this should be turned into an anime or a film

Omochikaeri_thumb
joined Nov 2, 2013

Well this is new. To be honest I thought the girl was gonna end up creepy like Kathy Bates in Misery but it had an alright end. Kind of wish their relationship was more fleshed out but oh well

Your_hair_has_gotten_longer_by_folksneedheroes-d5l5v69
joined Apr 23, 2015

That was real good. Really liked the design of the characters. Especially the rich girl. And growling? Heh. Reminds me of the girl in Flower Flower a little with the peculiar habits. Do find myself wishing for more characters like her.

Sshot-8
joined Oct 25, 2011

Her 'parents' forgot to twiddle their mustaches and kick the puppy.

Gt00pn-odpc
joined Sep 30, 2017

Her 'parents' forgot to twiddle their mustaches and kick the puppy.

If there was a like Button, I would press It for this comment.

The story was really good... That part when she asks the writer for a story about being loved by her family just tore a hole into my heart.

But at that moment when she showed up in Yumi's room asking to sleep together... If I was Yumi and woke up to a sight of a girl sudenly next to my bed dangerously holding a pilow like she was about to suffocate me, I would've screamed until my lungs bleed.

Torako-okay4
joined Oct 17, 2017

I love this author, I can't wait to see more from them :D

last edited at Feb 3, 2018 3:41PM

Fb_img_1519730104292
joined Sep 16, 2017

Now that was a terrible parents... "Your not our daughter now right?" I mean like... What the fuck? Especially her father... Geez

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

What gets me is that they've disowned her, but had a whole second mansion built just for her. And even if they mansion existed, she's got money and the run of the place, and probably servants as well (although we don't see them, we also don't see either of the girls doing chores, preparing meals, etc. over the course of a year) That's a pretty extreme thing to do for someone you don't consider your child or even want to speak to you.

Doctoraaaaaa
joined Apr 14, 2015

What kind of bitch parents were those??
Cute story tho, it would be cool to see them falling in love.
I would like a good fanfiction writer to write me some stories tbh

Hino-san
joined Sep 4, 2014

What gets me is that they've disowned her, but had a whole second mansion built just for her. And even if they mansion existed, she's got money and the run of the place, and probably servants as well (although we don't see them, we also don't see either of the girls doing chores, preparing meals, etc. over the course of a year) That's a pretty extreme thing to do for someone you don't consider your child or even want to speak to you.

That's a more traditional way of dealing with black sheep and/or illegitimate children than outright disowning. Historically probably the more common way - give them a manor and some land somewhere out of the way and pretend they don't exist, maybe just enough money to almost maintain it but not enough to function in high society.

joined Sep 9, 2013

I'm sorry this is bizarre just to be bizarre. Its middle ruins the rest of the story. MAJOR points off for that. Would have been better if she was just lonely.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

That's a more traditional way of dealing with black sheep and/or illegitimate children than outright disowning. Historically probably the more common way - give them a manor and some land somewhere out of the way and pretend they don't exist, maybe just enough money to almost maintain it but not enough to function in high society.

They don't typically put them in a manor next door and roughly the same size as the main house though.

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

I liked it. Page 147 I wish there had been a better transition to "but I already love you", because that part just felt too syrupy sweet, but Satoko's desire and Yumi's mature responses throughout helped the story feel real. Enough for me to keep my suspension of disbelief. Although I do wonder what happened to Yumi's apartment.

There is a dream-like quality to all of it. If I look a bit too closely, pieces will slide out of place. But something always re-orients them thematically, and so I think the story is a bit disjointed, but the single thread connecting everything is solid. Reminds me somewhat of my own writing.

08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

Awww, I liked this one a lot, what a cold, terrible family u_u but the main girls are AWESOME, I want to see more

joined May 27, 2017

poor Satoko... she want Yumi to write a warm story with her as the main character just to escape the reality

if I have $10B, I want this story to be animated

2017-06-09-10-36-16-
joined Mar 29, 2017

They don't typically put them in a manor next door and roughly the same size as the main house though.

Depends on how old she is and if she in fact owns a percent in the company. Then theres the legal actions that can be taken as well as public relations so they probly need to atleast give her a place to stay that is acceptable. As well as being wealthy and being smart don't alwase go hand in hand. If she's a bastard child just talking to people could mess with her family in so many ways so keeping a close eye on her would be in their best interest. But we will never know mabey the dad just likes to walk over randomly and take a dump in front of her door because it makes him feel good.

Fb99a412e56031b0a8f5568f284d39f1435bb314_hq
joined Nov 19, 2017

Surprisingly sweet and touching for such a ridiculously artificial premise.

Such a hipster quote

Ke%20(5)
joined Feb 10, 2016

I didn't like this. It was rushed and lacked development and fleshing out.
It just felt awkward to read because everything went by so fast.
It tried making me feel for the rich girl but the writing was so bad, rushed and predictable that I just kept a stoic expression throughout the whole read
Only good point is the art is flawless

Images
joined Feb 5, 2018

"I too like to remind my step daughter that she's unloved & unwanted because she's not 'our child' after she kindly brings us flowers
on our wedding anniversary"-
Is what I wanna say, but when I say it out loud.... It starts to sound as dumb as it should.

joined Mar 25, 2015

Oh man, if I was rich I would totally do stuff like this all the time. "You, random person off the street! I shall pay off all your debts and whisk you away to a year of luxury and ease for no reason!"

I feel like the people accusing the characters of being unrealistic are just jealous because they're not apparently wealthy enough to live out their insane pointless whims whenever they feel like it. Rich people in real life do weirder stuff than this every day.

The family's circumstances are weird, though it's not too difficult to imagine oddball but possible scenarios where Satoko would end up estranged from her father's new family but somehow living in another mansion on basically the same property.

This story could stand to be longer, to explore stuff like that and further develop Satoko and Yumi's characters. I particularly like Satoko, I wish we could see a lot more of her.

Z3
joined Aug 20, 2016

Oh man, if I was rich I would totally do stuff like this all the time. "You, random person off the street! I shall pay off all your debts and whisk you away to a year of luxury and ease for no reason!"

I feel like the people accusing the characters of being unrealistic are just jealous because they're not apparently wealthy enough to live out their insane pointless whims whenever they feel like it. Rich people in real life do weirder stuff than this every day.

The family's circumstances are weird, though it's not too difficult to imagine oddball but possible scenarios where Satoko would end up estranged from her father's new family but somehow living in another mansion on basically the same property.

This story could stand to be longer, to explore stuff like that and further develop Satoko and Yumi's characters. I particularly like Satoko, I wish we could see a lot more of her.

It was not a random Person.

Well the Story was not bad, but it was lacking on the feelings for each other.
It was too short and focusing too much on the writing for his shortness.

Smol%20dankkonata
joined Oct 10, 2018

Kinda feel like this is the author’s self insert, “rich girl comes and finally recognizes broke author’s hidden talent and they fall in love.”

Untitled
joined Aug 17, 2020

I'm glad I re-read this again

To reply you must either login or sign up.