Forum › Citrus discussion

Tumblr_inline_oxf1gj0pl71rjsbp5_400
joined Jun 23, 2017

Why is she acting like early chapters Mei now?

Because it's been only one year and some may even tell you that people don't change.

last edited at Jan 21, 2018 9:59PM

joined Sep 25, 2015

Citrus is a steaming pile of shit. Almost as bad as Nisekoi.
Citrus getting an anime is just more proof people will think yuri is shit.
We could have a Kase-san anime but no, we get this turd instead.
I hope the anime bombs. Fuck this shit.

Etult87ueaawqbz_%20(2)
joined Oct 15, 2016

I love Citrus, but even i have to say that the drama feels really pointless right now, and thats saying something with Citrus. Everytime it feels like Mei goes through some character development, she immediately regresses the next arc. Like wasn't the last arc with her wanting to get more physical with Yuzu some sort of way of telling us that Mei was slowly being more honest with Yuzu about her feelings? Why is she acting like early chapters Mei now? I really hope this storyline doesn't get dragged on more than necessary.

Unfortunately, this is the way humans are. It can take many years of patience and effort to truly change yourself and grow out of your problems. In the interim, there will be plenty of ups and downs.

I do agree with you on that, we as persons take time to change even a bit, hell, i'm still struggling to get over a highschool crush getting married to an old guy, but this is were fiction has an edge over reality. In fiction you could see the characters growing as the story goes on, just like we've seen signs of Mei's growth as a character before, but if a character shows a slight regress or hits a roadblock in its growth for the sake of a narrative, thats where it actually hurts a story and the character's previous signs of growth and makes the whole thing kinda dumb and contrived.

Anyways, i do hope this plot gets resolved on a natural way and not in a soap opera-y way by having Yuzu interrupting the wedding with a classic "I'm opposed" or whatever cliche line, but i feel thats where this is going.

Oh brother, this again? Kase-san is getting an anime this year too, so stop your bitching.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Enough already. It seems to have gotten to be a meme to hate Citrus to the point where people hate-follow it, make conspiracy theories to explain its popularity, and as we see here, laying the blame for some fantasy of the destruction of all yuri at its feet. To say nothing of this nonsense spilling into threads that have nothing to do with the series.

I get it. You (in the general sense) don't like the series. We all get it. And I, for one, am heartily sick of hearing about it ad nauseum.

At this point I'm on the verge of just deleting this sort of post (and its replies) on sight. But optimist that I am, I want to believe that the people here can do better.

Can I trust you folks to do better?

Gt00pn-odpc
joined Sep 30, 2017

Well, there's always that frozen Rice Dream stuff, it's really good.

I don't even know what that is....

Non-dairy frozen desserts. I've only tried the rice-based one but it's quite good.

http://www.dreamplantbased.com/product-category/frozen/

That's a vegan ice-cream. Is there any kind of food nowadays that doesn't have a vegan version?

If you're lactose-intolerant, what possible alternatives for ice cream would there be?

Don't eat Ice cream and forever live miserably because of that?

Gt00pn-odpc
joined Sep 30, 2017

Enough already. It seems to have gotten to be a meme to hate Citrus to the point where people hate-follow it, make conspiracy theories to explain its popularity, and as we see here, laying the blame for some fantasy of the destruction of all yuri at its feet. To say nothing of this nonsense spilling into threads that have nothing to do with the series.

I get it. You (in the general sense) don't like the series. We all get it. And I, for one, am heartily sick of hearing about it ad nauseum.

At this point I'm on the verge of just deleting this sort of post (and its replies) on sight. But optimist that I am, I want to believe that the people here can do better.

Can I trust you folks to do better?

I didn't do anything this time. Okay? I'm not even part of this conversation.

Capture
joined Dec 21, 2016

I love Citrus so much because there are many meanings for me. I can see the development of characters from the first to be mature...:D

If anyone didn't love to read Citrus, you could make your choice of ignoring, and stop making so much noise. ^.^

joined Jan 22, 2018

Hi guys, I'm new here!! it's getting intense in here xD

I just want to ask any Citrus expert in here, if the Citrus Anthology has any relevance to the main Citrus manga? Because the Citrus Anthology is hinting that Harumin has feelings for Yuzu. I mean she's already playing dumb trying not let anyone notice how she knows what's going on between Yuzu and Mei but that's one of the best thing about her. so, I'm not going to complain about it. I just really hope that Harumin will also play a prominent role in the upcoming volumes.

The manga is getting good again. now with the pov changing from Yuzu to Mei. Mei, please don't let Yuzu down. she fought so hard to keep your love from falling apart.

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Something that people are glossing over is the fact that is not that Mei is afraid of her grandfather, she actually loves him and is going through all of this for his sake. The man is dying and for better or worse he was the only real family Mei had for years. The conflict right now comes from Mei having to choose the love of her life or her family (keep in mind how she emphasized Yuzu and her were just step sisters). Or what is the same -and it has been the entire theme of the series- she has to pick her wishes or her duty.

While this arc could work as the end of the series, I don't think it necessarily has to be. It will complete Mei's character arc but there's still things to sort out for them to achieve the happy ending Saburota has promised for years, mainly, coming clean to society about their relationship. Being how prominent the situation with Yuzu's friends was, I don't think is something Saburota would simply hand-wave.

Now if there's one character in the series that deserves hate is Shou. The guy is an selfish ass that has no excuse for all the bullshit he has pulled.

AnimexObsession
Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

God these comment sections haha, glad I'm keeping myself out of it. I usually like discussing about chapters but it's all a bit uhm... Extreme on the citrus front.

Well I say that but here I go.
I think a big reason why people are freaking out is because they gloss over the manga, don't really try to understand Mei and her position and just read it for the kissing scenes, and when some drama comes in the way of more kissing scenes they act like babies who's toys were taken away. Seriously.

If you take just a minute to go over the manga, to look at it as a a whole and not every chapter as an individual, if you take a moment to analyse Mei's expressions, feelings and decisions, it all makes sense. The drama that Saburo Uta decides to add to the manga all makes sense. It's not just plucked out of nowhere, it's a logical decision.

And if you're going to complain about it with nonsense arguments, even to the point of baselessly degrading it, you should just keep quiet, wait until the manga is completed so you can read it all in one go without having to wait for any drama to be resolved and end with a happy ending. Do that or just shut up. Really. We don't need baseless acid spewing on this site.

last edited at Jan 22, 2018 4:18AM

AnimexObsession
Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

Hi guys, I'm new here!! it's getting intense in here xD

I just want to ask any Citrus expert in here, if the Citrus Anthology has any relevance to the main Citrus manga? Because the Citrus Anthology is hinting that Harumin has feelings for Yuzu. (...)

First of all, welcome! Second of all, I can't say this for sure but I think the anthologies function more as fan-service than anything else really. Nothing that is written or said in the anthologies gives any additional confirmation/information about what's going on in the manga, and if they supposedly do it's based on the artist's opinion/impressions of the plot, not direct-source stuff from Saburo Uta. So no, just because the artist implied that Harumin has feelings for Yuzu doesn't mean that actually is the case.

Hope this helps a bit.

AnimexObsession
Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

I still find Mei's development throughout the series amazing. It'd be great if Mei will stand for herself this time.

become her own person instead of becoming someone that everyone else expects her to be

Student council presidents sure have this problem a lot, huh.

I love you for this

AnimexObsession
Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

It's frustrating to watch Mei be so reserved because we're spectators to her story, but she's just a regular teenage girl who grew up without a proper mother figure and a flaky father. She was raised by her grandfather, who she probably feels deeply indebted to having taken her in during her time of need. She thinks she owes this to him, and she's just a kid, but it's precisely because she's a kid that she feels like she's invincible and that she can handle it. She fears confrontation, but I mean, don't we all? :P

Although, I'm not gonna deny that there was too much over-the-top drama in the beginning of the story, LOL.

+1 to this.

Amen indeed.

joined Apr 28, 2016

Ah so if I understand this right she isn't engaged right now but her family is searching for someone new. Makes sense earlier I wondered whether she already had gotten a new engagement of screen which would have been weird. Denying the match making is hard when a strategic marriage is expected by your family and you care about duty and your grandfather. Plus the reason you are opposed is that you are a lesbian in love with your step sister which is rather awkward to announce.

joined Jan 22, 2018

Rereading Citrus again for like the third time after sobbing all over the latest chapter.

Just noticed this but in Chapter 27 (festival arc) the reason why Mei so desperately wanted to win the Yuzubocchi piggy bank was that she wanted to give it to Yuzu; since Onee-sama was so distant towards Mei that night (even though the reason was Shirapon lol). We learn from the volume 7 special/leaflet that Yuzu's room has a collection of weird plush and trinkets, so I think Mei wanted to give Yuzu a make-up gift. It's even implied that Mei doesn't want it for herself because after Yuzu wins it for her, she regifts it to Momokino. This scene may have been more obvious to you guys but I'm as dense as a brick so here you go. It's what you can infer from the subtle actions of the Citrus cast that makes me really respect Saburo Uta sensei as a mangaka.

If anything, I believe this attests to the tender and caring side of Mei despite all the comments depicting her as heartless due to the whole arranged marriage deal. Rather, I think time and time again we have seen that Mei is just more reserved about her emotions and she likes to shoulder all of the responsibilities in the world instead of seeking help.

This is why Mei x Yuzu is my favourite yuri OTP.

Yaaass, slay queens.

last edited at Jan 22, 2018 6:08AM

Copy90_90_zpscf246422
joined Sep 18, 2014

I just want to ask any Citrus expert in here, if the Citrus Anthology has any relevance to the main Citrus manga?

No, the anthology is not canon. Think of it as officially sanctioned doujinshi.

Because the Citrus Anthology is hinting that Harumin has feelings for Yuzu.

Because the manga hints it as well. See the Volume 3 omake with Harumin and Matsuri.

Just noticed this but in Chapter 27 (festival arc) the reason why Mei so desperately wanted to win the Yuzubocchi piggy bank was that she wanted to give it to Yuzu

Nice catch!

last edited at Jan 22, 2018 8:56AM

T%e1%ba%a3i%20xu%e1%bb%91ng
joined Mar 20, 2017

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

War is over, if you want it.

And I want it. Want it bad.

Etult87ueaawqbz_%20(2)
joined Oct 15, 2016

War is over, if you want it.

And I want it. Want it bad.

Me too. I learned my lesson after the latest comments.

Badass%20yuyuko%20-%20avatar2
joined Dec 4, 2015

Hai. Nothing more to say.

Jhkjhk
joined Jan 7, 2014

oh my fucking god

joined Jan 22, 2018

listen, dem two yuzu and mei just needa munch each other's carpets and there'll be a happy ending

Screenshot_20171211-200054~2
joined Oct 11, 2016

AHHHHH HOLY THE ART WORK WAS SO AMZING!! IT REALLY SHOWED ALL THE EMOTIONS AND THE POWER OF WHAT THEY ARE REALLY FEELING!

joined Apr 17, 2016

I swear I saw the lastest chapter and I lost my shit. I never thought that Mei was going to cry; do you think that she really is in love with Yuzu. Also who saw that it was going to be the manager that Mei was going to the meeting with I lost all self control when I saw that.

Koitoyuu-1
joined Jan 23, 2018

I still find Mei's development throughout the series amazing. It'd be great if Mei will stand for herself this time.

become her own person instead of becoming someone that everyone else expects her to be

I know, right? We still love them, though.

To reply you must either login or sign up.