Forum › Posts by yuribboy

yuribboy
Citrus discussion 22 Jan 06:07
joined Jan 22, 2018

Rereading Citrus again for like the third time after sobbing all over the latest chapter.

Just noticed this but in Chapter 27 (festival arc) the reason why Mei so desperately wanted to win the Yuzubocchi piggy bank was that she wanted to give it to Yuzu; since Onee-sama was so distant towards Mei that night (even though the reason was Shirapon lol). We learn from the volume 7 special/leaflet that Yuzu's room has a collection of weird plush and trinkets, so I think Mei wanted to give Yuzu a make-up gift. It's even implied that Mei doesn't want it for herself because after Yuzu wins it for her, she regifts it to Momokino. This scene may have been more obvious to you guys but I'm as dense as a brick so here you go. It's what you can infer from the subtle actions of the Citrus cast that makes me really respect Saburo Uta sensei as a mangaka.

If anything, I believe this attests to the tender and caring side of Mei despite all the comments depicting her as heartless due to the whole arranged marriage deal. Rather, I think time and time again we have seen that Mei is just more reserved about her emotions and she likes to shoulder all of the responsibilities in the world instead of seeking help.

This is why Mei x Yuzu is my favourite yuri OTP.

Yaaass, slay queens.

last edited at Jan 22, 2018 6:08AM