Forum › Yuunagi Marbled discussion

joined Nov 7, 2013

I love it. Idk about u guys, but i love all her works. Ones that i've read anyway.

Kaede
joined Nov 20, 2016

This is turning out to be unexpectedly great. Ena is cute and they've got a Yuzu/Mei dynamic going on. I especially like that Ena can't just pull her out of her doubt and trepidation impulsively like this - she's no manic pixie dream girl who says all the right things all the time.

Mioxritsu
joined Apr 28, 2013

People, please, this is a good manga, so interesting at some levels. Don't fight about her other works :( let's wait for more chapters of this first and complaning about KKL in the KKL thread. Let's enjoy the yuri! :D be happy and happy new year.

Yeah let's just enjoy, yuri for life :). happy new year too.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

venom posted:

"her translucent skin..." am i the only one who keeps thinking clear when they put that in manga?

Translucent and transparent are two totally separate concepts. Transparent is like glass. Translucent can range from skin to thin paper or even frosted glass. Pale skin actually is translucent because it allows light through it much more easily than darker skin. That's why it's so easy to see the veins in a pale person's body compared to darker-skinned individuals.

Tumblr_inline_oxf1gj0pl71rjsbp5_400
joined Jun 23, 2017

So full of cliches that i could remember at least 5 manga a like

Yep. Beat me to it. Goddamnit! I'm sick and tired of these clichés! Do these artist even read other mangas? i just don't get it

God, always the same complaints about clichés. Do these readers even realise they are not the only one on earth and that other people may have read less or different stories? I just don't get it.

last edited at Dec 31, 2017 10:54PM

Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

I'm liking it so far. One part that felt fresh to me was Ena's receptiveness after she was kissed. In a lot of other manga, characters freak out in that situation and stop the romantic momentum dead in its tracks.

joined Dec 26, 2016

Awww it's cute

Healing-punchiiiii
joined Jan 21, 2016

Holding hands is definitely prohibited. Ena didn't understand how much lewder it is than kissing.

joined Jul 31, 2013

I love when the icy or distant heroine gets teased by the goofy MC in these type of stories! It's way better than just a one-way thing where only one side is blushing. also I hope Ena's friends turn out good in the end. I like this a lot so far and I hope Mishio gets healed by Ena.

Img_20150911_005715
joined Sep 10, 2015

I smell an incoming love triangle xDDD

AnimexObsession
Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

i did not expect https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/yuunagi_marbled_ch02#12

My heart was indeed not ready. But my body was god ////

Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

Liking Ena. Not liking Mishio; character feels cliché. And what do you want to bet that the substitute nurse is her old flame? It doesn't look like a serial, so at least the potential for drawn-out drama is limited.

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

Liking Ena. Not liking Mishio; character feels cliché.

It's hard to get a read on Mishio. I think she's slightly more complex than others of her type - her coldness and cynicism is clearly a front, to hide her fear, and underneath that she seems to be something of a shy romantic type.

However, I still don't really get why she kissed Ena out of nowhere like that. Was she really so feverish as to act without thinking? Then why'd she seem perfectly lucid right afterwards? Was she just so smitten that she couldn't hold herself back? Or was she acting out some self-destruction impulse? I don't really have a good answer.

Fb_img_1492462408743
joined Jan 18, 2014

So full of cliches that i could remember at least 5 manga a like

I change my mind, the MC is really cool and open, so much the opposite of the cliche character that's usually "no way i can like her, she's a girl!" by the time of the last released chapter, but even so the other girl still wants to stick with the angst, even thou there's no need

Icon%20(4)
joined Jan 20, 2014

Liking Ena. Not liking Mishio; character feels cliché.

It's hard to get a read on Mishio. I think she's slightly more complex than others of her type - her coldness and cynicism is clearly a front, to hide her fear, and underneath that she seems to be something of a shy romantic type.

However, I still don't really get why she kissed Ena out of nowhere like that. Was she really so feverish as to act without thinking? Then why'd she seem perfectly lucid right afterwards? Was she just so smitten that she couldn't hold herself back? Or was she acting out some self-destruction impulse? I don't really have a good answer.

Sometimes if you are so so break, you don't want anybody be near you, and if you hate yourself for being a lesbian, maybe kiss a girl and see how she freaking out it's what you want. Mishio even change her caracter at a cold one when she saw that Ena liked her laughting for what happened during the kiss xD and blushing when Ena told her to smile

Untitled102_20231004232707
joined Mar 26, 2014

This is turning out to be unexpectedly great. Ena is cute and they've got a Yuzu/Mei dynamic going on. I especially like that Ena can't just pull her out of her doubt and trepidation impulsively like this - she's no manic pixie dream girl who says all the right things all the time.

No. Don't bring that shit up here. Gosh, I can't just not hear about it.
I fucking hate that manga.

schuyguy Uploader
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

Sometimes if you are so so break, you don't want anybody be near you, and if you hate yourself for being a lesbian, maybe kiss a girl and see how she freaking out it's what you want. Mishio even change her caracter at a cold one when she saw that Ena liked her laughting for what happened during the kiss xD and blushing when Ena told her to smile

Oh, I see. That makes sense. When Ena pulled away, Mishio seemed like she was expecting to be yelled at or called gross, since she was surprised that Ena just needed to get air, haha.

joined Jun 25, 2017

I'm in!

joined May 20, 2013

Yuki Kitsune

And what do you want to bet that the substitute nurse is her old flame?

I'm assuming that as well since it was the only noteworthy thing for the teacher to say... Chapter 4 makes it even more likely, though no face-to-face meeting yet. Expecting some heavy drama, as usual, involving her, one way or the other. A neat solution of the situation would be a very welcome surprise.

last edited at Jan 3, 2018 3:46PM

Johanliebert
joined Dec 15, 2015

I've read enough yuri to assume without much risk of being wrong that the next plot twist is : the new teacher mentioned in the third chapter actually is Mishio's former girlfriend. With love-triangle and melodrama in sight. And if I'm right here that's kind of sad, it's a cliché and overused trope I would have preferred not to see there...

Other than that, thus far it's a pretty cool read.

Edit : guess some others were faster to figure out Mishio's former gf is the new teacher, should have read all the comments before posting ^^.

last edited at Jan 4, 2018 4:41PM

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

Multiball, I'm a huge fan of your differentiation between hyphens, en dashes, and em dashes. Top notch.

Icon%20(4)
joined Jan 20, 2014

It's kinda funny read the comments after read the manga xD aich, I wanna see this there soon and read what do pleople think about it. It's a very good manga. ♥

last edited at Jan 4, 2018 6:32PM

Kaede
joined Nov 20, 2016

No. Don't bring that shit up here. Gosh, I can't just not hear about it.
I fucking hate that manga.

I don't like it either, but the relationship archetype is obvious.

schuyguy Uploader
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

I don't like it either, but the relationship archetype is obvious.

I'd have to disagree. There are pretty major obvious differences in the characters themselves and in their dynamic. Even something like the characters from Miss Sunflower are a closer comparison. Or for that measure, My Ignorance of a World Yet Unknown.

To reply you must either login or sign up.