Forum › Yuunagi Marbled discussion

2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

I just hope this doesn't go the way of Kimi Koi Limit or My Ignorance.. Unknown

I haven't read Kimi Koi Limit, but My Ignorance of a World Yet Unknown was pretty well executed and the characters' actions had depth to them so I didn't regret buying it.

Rx_5_50
joined May 3, 2016

I'm going to predict the plot, so quote me on this.

High expectations from parents, drama and bullying at previous school, feeling smothered and alone, transfers to new school, still feeling smothered while not much alone anymore, possible subtext romance, everything gets solved.

Rx_5_50
joined May 3, 2016

I haven't read Kimi Koi Limit, but My Ignorance of a World Yet Unknown was pretty well executed and the characters' actions had depth to them so I didn't regret buying it.

Kimi Koi Limit was good. That person must love pure fluff.

joined Jul 31, 2013

Saw the author, saw the cover saying 2013 girls' love, knew this would be my kind of shit. Please keep going YP!

joined Feb 2, 2016

see some one trying to do suicidal Don’t stop her all you here goodbye or read her lip she those word man it just me let dog run off or drag the to the girl trying to kill her self .

Tumblr_inline_oxf1gj0pl71rjsbp5_400
joined Jun 23, 2017

why does everyone have to point out the cliches as if they're a bad thing lmao [...]

You don't get it, if you show you've seen it all or that you guessed the plot, you win a cool person point!

I guess people, I do it too sometimes, like to state the obvious as well.

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

Not looking forward to the depressing bits, but I'm a sucker for the art style. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Your_hair_has_gotten_longer_by_folksneedheroes-d5l5v69
joined Apr 23, 2015

why does everyone have to point out the cliches as if they're a bad thing lmao if it's a good read then it's a good read, cliches or not. Almost every story has some kind of cliche. Besides that, I can't wait for more of this!

I don't think they are deal breaker for most but it can be a factor in wether you enjoy something or not so people point them out. if your are going to state why you don't like something or the degree which you like something, might as well say why.

I try to be forgiving of cliches. I think they are pretty hard to avoid but when there's a million other things to do, stories that seem to only wanna retread what I have read already I'm gonna have drop.

And this feels . . . incredibly generic. But if anyone is able to enjoy it then I am happy for them.

last edited at Dec 30, 2017 2:45PM

Dynav
joined Aug 6, 2013

You should read Kimi Koi Limit, it's one of my favorite yuri manga. One of the only I've cried to.

High expectations from parents, drama and bullying at previous school, feeling smothered and alone, transfers to new school, still feeling smothered while not much alone anymore, possible subtext romance, everything gets solved.

Everything else may end up being on point but I highly doubt it'll end in just subtext. Monomo is better than that.

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

I liked Kimi Koi Limit, and I like all the mangaka's work. But the main complaint people have about her main character in KiKoRi is that she's immature and dependent and seems to be rewarded for it in the end by everyone else stretching to accommodate her. In a way that's a little hypocritical and ironic - I can't think of a yuri critic who would ever bad-mouth Octave even though its main character is a lot like the one in Kimi Koi Limit.

Icon%20(4)
joined Jan 20, 2014

no

Icon%20(4)
joined Jan 20, 2014

I liked Kimi Koi Limit, and I like all the mangaka's work. But the main complaint people have about her main character in KiKoRi is that she's immature and dependent and seems to be rewarded for it in the end by everyone else stretching to accommodate her. In a way that's a little hypocritical and ironic - I can't think of a yuri critic who would ever bad-mouth Octave even though its main character is a lot like the one in Kimi Koi Limit.

Ohhhh I read so much people who bad-mouth Octave for her MC xDDDD some of them gave it even an 1 in Baka Updates. They made me wonder if they actually read the whole manga and understand it.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Marion Diabolito posted:

In a way that's a little hypocritical and ironic - I can't think of a yuri critic who would ever bad-mouth Octave even though its main character is a lot like the one in Kimi Koi Limit.

I disagree. I can see what you mean, but 1 is a teenager that build her entire life around love that got rejected and she does nothing. She stalks her previous love, freeloads at some stranger place still not being able to forgot her love. She is depressed etc. all the time because her love. Entire plot and all her decision are based around the fact she was rejected and can't forget her love. While Octave is a manga about girl that had her dream crashed, feels useless and can't find her place in adult world. She is still trying to. She lives alone, she is Independent, she tries to live on and then she falls in love with person who is really complicated and she don't understand it. She needs love and acceptance, but at no point she base and depends with everything on love and her lover. Also yes, people complained about Octave's MC, but I think for different reasons (I didn't really have issue with her). So yes, I think they are completely different and might share some aspects with each other. (It was ages since I read both, so I don't really remember all the details that well)

Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

Kimi Koi Limit is frustrating on many levels. It's a love triangle where a nice person is left heartbroken, and the universe seems hellbent on rewarding MC for being cute and having an unrequited crush. That's said it's still a very good manga, even though I can't agree with some of the writing decisions.

A2bcf11834a1918b3f09b4219b2a099f_r
joined Aug 16, 2014

Kimi Koi Limit is frustrating on many levels. It's a love triangle where a nice person is left heartbroken, and the universe seems hellbent on rewarding MC for being cute and having an unrequited crush. That's said it's still a very good manga, even though I can't agree with some of the writing decisions.

It's been some time since I read it, so I don't remember it in details... But tbh I find it hard to feel bad for her. Firstly, because she didn't care about any other girl before and likely thought the same would happen with MC. And more importantly, because she accepted being MC's gf completely aware that MC wasn't over her first love.

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

I don't really see Kimi Koi Limit as "rewarding" the main character. You don't need to ascribe moral judgments to events in a story - sometimes good things happen to bad people, or bad things happen to good people. That's consistent throughout many of Momono Moto's works. Look at this, this, this, this, and this. Either the protagonist, or her love interest (or both) does something really messed up, or even completely morally reprehensible, and yet they generally end up together.

Momono Moto generally presents love as a powerful, irresistible force. Sometimes it works out and the person you love loves you back. Sometimes it doesn't. It doesn't matter if you "deserve" it or not. And there's almost always some amount of suffering in getting closer to the one you love.

last edited at Dec 30, 2017 9:41PM

Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

It's been some time since I read it, so I don't remember it in details... But tbh I find it hard to feel bad for her. Firstly, because she didn't care about any other girl before and likely thought the same would happen with MC. And more importantly, because she accepted being MC's gf completely aware that MC wasn't over her first love.

Hiroko (MC's gf) actually says that she didn't intend to become Sono's (MC) girlfriend but fell in love with her over time and couldn't let her go. She can hardly control who she loves or doesn't love, so if you're going to argue she deserves to be heartbroken, I disagree.

A2bcf11834a1918b3f09b4219b2a099f_r
joined Aug 16, 2014

Hiroko (MC's gf) actually says that she didn't intend to become Sono's (MC) girlfriend but fell in love with her over time and couldn't let her go. She can hardly control who she loves or doesn't love, so if you're going to argue she deserves to be heartbroken, I disagree.

Doesn't change the fact that she kept her around for weeks/months willingly, nor the fact that she was aware MC wasn't over her past love and still decided to date. Sure, she might not control whether or not she likes MC, but she knew well exactly where she was going into. And no, I never said she deserved to be heartbroken, just that I find it hard to feel bad for her. Sure it sucks, but it's not like she has no responsability for her own suffering.

Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

@schuyguy

I agree with you on the the stories you linked, but not on Kimi Koi Limit. Someone who's rejected your confession multiple times over several years, suddenly realizing not only that they're into girls, but also that they're in love with you, is so incredibly unlikely that I can only see it as contrived.

last edited at Dec 30, 2017 9:45PM

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

@schuyguy

I agree with you on the the stories you linked, but not on Kimi Koi Limit. Someone who's rejected your confession multiple times over several years, suddenly realizing not only that they're into girls, but also that they're in love with you, is so incredibly unlikely that I can only see it as contrived.

Okay, I can see where you're coming from there. I'm not sure if I agree or not, but that's a good point.

last edited at Dec 30, 2017 9:48PM

Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

Doesn't change the fact that she kept her around for weeks/months willingly, nor the fact that she was aware MC wasn't over her past love and still decided to date. Sure, she might not control whether or not she likes MC, but she knew well exactly where she was going into. And no, I never said she deserved to be heartbroken, just that I find it hard to feel bad for her. Sure it sucks, but it's not like she has no responsability for her own suffering.

Love often makes you act like this, unfortunately. I totally feel bad for people in that situation, but that's just me.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

themusicman500 posted:

Someone who's rejected your confession multiple times over several years, suddenly realizing not only that they're into girls, but also that they're in love with you, is so incredibly unlikely that I can only see it as contrived.

I'm pretty sure it was explained that she also liked her back but was too afraid to act on her feelings, so she rejected her instead because being homo is wrong, but after MC tried hard enough she changed her mind. Whatever or not author had it in mind from the beginning is another story, but it wasn't that she suddenly realized it. And if you are going to say she wouldn't do it, that is exactly the same thing girl in Girl x Girl x Boy did.

Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

themusicman500 posted:

Someone who's rejected your confession multiple times over several years, suddenly realizing not only that they're into girls, but also that they're in love with you, is so incredibly unlikely that I can only see it as contrived.

I'm pretty sure it was explained that she also liked her back but was too afraid to act on her feelings, so she rejected her instead because being homo is wrong, but after MC tried hard enough she changed her mind. Whatever or not author had it in mind from the beginning is another story, but it wasn't that she suddenly realized it. And if you are going to say she wouldn't do it, that is exactly the same thing girl in Girl x Girl x Boy did.

I know it was a "loved her all along" deal, and I'm sure the author planned it. Doesn't change the way I feel about it. Also I want to re-emphasize that I like KKL a lot and I've reread it a bunch of times, but certain aspects continue to bother me.
Also brb reading Girl x Girl x Boy for the first time.

last edited at Dec 30, 2017 10:32PM

joined Jan 8, 2014

Cha, cha... y'all talkin bout cliche this and that..but what you really wanna say is, only one chapter! Need morrrrre
Lol
The monologue got my interest peaked, not to mention I like this mangakas stuff ^_^

2641afdd-9dc4-4327-a1c3-a5b558c33522
joined Mar 12, 2014

Marion Diabolito posted:

In a way that's a little hypocritical and ironic - I can't think of a yuri critic who would ever bad-mouth Octave even though its main character is a lot like the one in Kimi Koi Limit.

I disagree. I can see what you mean, but 1 is a teenager that build her entire life around love that got rejected and she does nothing. She stalks her previous love, freeloads at some stranger place still not being able to forgot her love. She is depressed etc. all the time because her love. Entire plot and all her decision are based around the fact she was rejected and can't forget her love. While Octave is a manga about girl that had her dream crashed, feels useless and can't find her place in adult world. She is still trying to. She lives alone, she is Independent, she tries to live on and then she falls in love with person who is really complicated and she don't understand it. She needs love and acceptance, but at no point she base and depends with everything on love and her lover. Also yes, people complained about Octave's MC, but I think for different reasons (I didn't really have issue with her). So yes, I think they are completely different and might share some aspects with each other. (It was ages since I read both, so I don't really remember all the details that well)

Also agree with this, I would easily say that the MCs for KKL and Octave are totally different. They wouldn't be the two that jump to mind as being similar characters

To reply you must either login or sign up.