Forum › My Unrequited Love discussion

Aaaaaaaa%20(1)
joined Oct 6, 2015

I found this chapter to be super disappointing. I just cannot ship Uta and Kaoru, never could and never will. They make no sense together. I liked Kuro before... But now I can only hope MC will get over her brother's wife by the end of the series.

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

So, did Kuro actually cheat on Miyabi? I feel like it was implied. But in the next chapter, it seems like it had no consequences at all...

joined Feb 15, 2013

So, did Kuro actually cheat on Miyabi? I feel like it was implied. But in the next chapter, it seems like it had no consequences at all...

She certainly didn't. I means yeah it does look like a "shower-after-sex" event (with Konatsu sitting on bed and all). But they wouldn't be able to do it that fast. Consider: chat + sex + shower + chat + Konatsu leave. All of this within a short time frame of Uta sending Miyabi off

last edited at Sep 28, 2017 3:08AM

Tumblr_inline_oxf1gj0pl71rjsbp5_400
joined Jun 23, 2017

Symphogeah posted:

"I think I can't live without you cause I don't know how to make breakfast"... Lmao.

That's how I felt it too, like "I need a maid" but without going into details... But that's probably my heartbroken self talking, I don't approve this development at all, I wanted Kuroe to realize that love is not such an ephemeral thing, because defining love in general based on your dad's behavior? that's stupid... So I thought they were going to fix that twisted preconception somehow but all we got was "I need my fork" agggh I'm pissed, really disappointing honestly

Well, yeah it's not the correct thing to do but in the end, what is the first example that shows you how a couple is supposed to work? How one's parents behave really influence them, so it's not really Kuro's fault nor it is that stupid to base her view of love on her father's behaviour. Maybe her girlfriend (forgot her name) can make her see that it's not because her parents' love didn't work out that she won't be able to make it work for herself.

Dynasty%20avatar
joined Sep 10, 2017

Ahhhh I am soooo glad it ended well for them. Probably the least angst chapter so far. Tbh, I had little hope for even the side couple because of the title, but Kuro-chan is really taking small steps to Miyabi, which is more than what I could ever ask for. Now, if only the MC can enjoy a happy ending with the love of her life too... (preferably with Kaoru because pssst who cares about moral values and domestic ties, amirite friends xD xD)

last edited at Sep 28, 2017 9:24AM

thechampionmike95
Latest-1-1
joined Aug 6, 2015

Pretty average chapter. I can't really get into or care about Miyabi or Kuro's problems since we barely even know who the former is. I hope they go back to the main plot next chapter and don't revisit this plotline again. It was pretty boring.

joined Aug 28, 2016

That's how I felt it too, like "I need a maid" but without going into details... But that's probably my heartbroken self talking, I don't approve this development at all, I wanted Kuroe to realize that love is not such an ephemeral thing, because defining love in general based on your dad's behavior? that's stupid... So I thought they were going to fix that twisted preconception somehow but all we got was "I need my fork" agggh I'm pissed, really disappointing honestly

Keep in mind that that's the only form of love she knows, apparently not even knowing the love of a "mother"; that's a mindset she has to consciously grow out of. The way I see it, it is her first step in that direction, she is now trying to take Miyabi's feelings into consideration and reach a compromise however selfish it may seem on the onset.

Then again I prefer slow burners so I'm hoping for a gradual realisation on her part that Miyabi's important to her for a bigger reason than just convenience.

Also, to me, the breakfast epiphany wasn't just about Kuro being dependent on her but about her realizing how well Miyabi knows her and how close they've become.

_rpehnod92y
joined Sep 24, 2017

Ahhhh I am soooo glad it ended well for them. Probably the least angst chapter so far. Tbh, I had little hope for even the side couple because of the title, but Kuro-chan is really taking small steps to Miyabi, which is more than what I could ever ask for. Now, if only the MC can enjoy a happy ending with the love of her life too... (preferably with Kaoru because pssst who cares about moral values and domestic ties, amirite friends xD xD)

Right! Moral values and domestic ties are for squares!!

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

LilyBlack posted:

Keep in mind that that's the only form of love she knows, apparently not even knowing the love of a "mother"; that's a mindset she has to consciously grow out of. The way I see it, it is her first step in that direction, she is now trying to take Miyabi's feelings into consideration and reach a compromise however selfish it may seem on the onset.

Then again I prefer slow burners so I'm hoping for a gradual realisation on her part that Miyabi's important to her for a bigger reason than just convenience.

Also, to me, the breakfast epiphany wasn't just about Kuro being dependent on her but about her realizing how well Miyabi knows her and how close they've become.

How well Miyabi knows how to be a maid for her, because the previous chapter shows how awkward and distant they were until now... To me is like "She cares enough for me to know what kinds of things I like" and she appreciates that she cares... I just don't like the fact that it could've been anyone! Anyone interested enough to find out what she needs, but Miyabi was closer and that's what I don't like, something so vague is not love (well, it is if we call it one sided) so I guess is just a relationship... But I'll stop now, I think I was projecting myself on her too much

joined May 24, 2014

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/my_unrequited_love_ch09#28

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand so much for getting over it

Your_hair_has_gotten_longer_by_folksneedheroes-d5l5v69
joined Apr 23, 2015

Looks like the relationship between Kuro and Miyabi may be taking steps towards becoming a more, should I say . . . traditionally romantic one? I would prefer that but It doesn't have to. I'm open minded. It could a committed relationship where they just don't get that emotional or physical. Don't know if Myabi's is up for that but we shall see.

I like Kuro a lot though. Still feel her perspective on love is distorted but not sure if correcting it will make her the type that likes a lot of physical contact. She's like a cat after all.

Your_hair_has_gotten_longer_by_folksneedheroes-d5l5v69
joined Apr 23, 2015

If the main girl ends up with the sister in law, I really hope she doesn't cheat behind brother's back. I'd rather you find out he dies or it turns out he's actually a terrible person and is cheating on her. I want to see the main girl happy, but not at the expense of destroying her brother's marriage. If the sister in law stays with the brother and is happy, I hope they introduce another girl the mc can fall for.

I respect you opinion but making the "other man/woman" a bad person seems so cliche. Can't they just be a character who happens to lose their love to the mc? It happens.

I have no idea how this story is going to end but I've never had trouble with "bad" endings.

joined Oct 13, 2015

If the main girl ends up with the sister in law, I really hope she doesn't cheat behind brother's back. I'd rather you find out he dies or it turns out he's actually a terrible person and is cheating on her. I want to see the main girl happy, but not at the expense of destroying her brother's marriage. If the sister in law stays with the brother and is happy, I hope they introduce another girl the mc can fall for.

I respect you opinion but making the "other man/woman" a bad person seems so cliche. Can't they just be a character who happens to lose their love to the mc? It happens.

I have no idea how this story is going to end but I've never had trouble with "bad" endings.

Or the MC ending with no one. The brother and his wife are nice enough people that splitting them apart is probably a worse ending than MC ending alone. She's still young and there are many opportunities for love.

Though honestly, i'm torn over what ending i would actually like.

last edited at Oct 10, 2017 2:55PM

joined Oct 13, 2015

I can't see why people like Kuro. She's a nasty and selfish individual who does the bare minimum for others.

Oh, her perspective on love is warped. Yeah, so that gives little reason to abuse the affections of another. She's not unloving. She sociopathic. She has no god damned empathy.

last edited at Oct 10, 2017 2:54PM

2017-06-09-10-36-16-
joined Mar 29, 2017

I can't see why people like Kuro. She's a nasty and selfish individual who does the bare minimum for others.

Oh, her perspective on love is warped. Yeah, so that gives little reason to abuse the affections of another. She's not unloving. She sociopathic. She has no god damned empathy.

People like different things. In general I tend to hate the overly kind characters because that's it they are kind because they are digging deep into the mind of someone who isn't is more enjoyable and vastly more interesting. "Reading about sane men is just boreing compared to the broken minds of an insane man"

Tumblr_inline_oxf1gj0pl71rjsbp5_400
joined Jun 23, 2017

Are they taking the easy route? Unless it's just a pran..misunderstanding. There are several clues pointing to it being almost one-sided though, like the husband/brother just went for it because Kaoru wouldn't give up; but that'd be the easiest route, I wouldn't mind though. It could very well be a business relation, the glasses girl is most probably the friend from chapter 4.

That said, I really enjoy the sentiment of hopelessness that comes from the MC perspective, a sweet pain. I don't know why it doesn't feel as tragic as other angsty stories, and it doesn't feel that great either. But if they managed to keep the angst on roughly the same level all the way, I could bear a bad (i.e. non-yuri) ending without the sister falling for MC.

Wait & see, I guess!

last edited at Nov 12, 2017 2:31PM

joined Jun 30, 2016

I knew it, i kinda have a feeling that this dude was cheating or something, i just hope its a misunderstanding and that Kaoru is fine.

Kat%202
joined Mar 6, 2012

Damn.. IF he really is cheating on her :s and with her friend too. Eeeww
I do want him out of the picture.. But not like this >:(

In chapter 4 Risako "suddenly" had work to do. And at the same time the husband was not home either >_> Something fishy is going on here

Tumblr_inline_mgizuwv6kd1qbs47q
joined Jan 25, 2016

Well hopefully Kaoru will be alright <3.
Kind of hoping Uta takes this chance and shows Kaoru how much she loves her.

joined Apr 1, 2017

Its the glasses girl from chapter 4, which also happened to be full of talk about cheating before she arrived at their house. I doubt its a misunderstanding since he was supposed to be out of town for several days when he's clearly not. There also doesn't seem to be any indication that they worked together (its not brought up) so it can't be business either. Its also his birthday, so all of this can't be a coincidence. If it were Kaoru's birthday then you could at least make the "they were just looking for a present/wanted to surprise you" play. I really hope the author doesn't just try to bait everyone with this, they're better than that.

This does seem like the easy route. I can understand wanting to be with Uta, who has always been there for her, but its another thing to fall in love with her so I hope it doesn't come to that.

last edited at Nov 12, 2017 2:48PM

Tumblr_naq5w3cgrf1sbltxmo1_500
joined Jun 27, 2016

Holy shit that is so crappy

[commie]%20go!%20princess%20precure%20-%2013%20[51546f94].mkv_snapshot_09.42_[2016.12.19_12.33.57]
joined Dec 10, 2014

What a shitty husband. I hope this lets Uta and Kaoru's relationship progress tho. I can already predict some of the ways it's going to be a rough road but I'm hopeful for them.

joined Feb 15, 2013

Wtf. Is. This. Shit?

Yeah why not just comes pouring as well then. Next chapter, Kaoru is pregnant and miscarried. Double suicide next on the card. It’s not like that this manga is already depressing enough

last edited at Nov 12, 2017 3:06PM

Money_marie%202
joined Jan 18, 2017

Meh, twist cliché as for now and honestly, not really needed.

Perfect_human
joined Jan 16, 2017

what the FUCK. That turn was too sharp. like, WAY too sharp

To reply you must either login or sign up.