Forum › The World Is Full Of Yuri discussion

joined May 24, 2015

I thought I recognized the artist! This is the artist of Wife + Wife! I'm honestly surprised to not see a cameo of anyone from that series.

732535__safe_anthro_vinyl%20scratch_octavia_dj%20pon-dash-3_octavia%20melody_artist-colon-theyoungreaper1
joined Mar 14, 2016

Aren't most of those couples references to other popular yuri mangas? The obvious one is the Manager and Model, but that's the only one I can remember off the top of my head. Anyone recognize the others?

joined Jul 7, 2017

"National Idol Group Center <3 Team Leader"

LOL. All I can think of is Maeda Atsuko and Takahashi Minami from AKB48 (ex-members of the group now btw)

last edited at Nov 4, 2017 4:52AM

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

I'm once again reminded that the idol industry is sick.

The real stars in this one-shot for me where the weather forecaster and the news caster, though. Rapid development indeed!

Untitled%203
joined Feb 3, 2013

So, they only legalized gay marriage for women? That's some massive bias right there.

I'm once again reminded that the idol industry is sick.

Not as sick as their fans, though. I remember there was a VA who had a ring on a photograph once, and then people freaked the fuck out thinking she was engaged and started sending her death threats.

last edited at Nov 4, 2017 6:11AM

Tree%20hanamaru
joined Jan 9, 2017

That note about the love ban makes me feel bad for idols, I mean how horrible is it when you can't have a love life of your own because of a contract? I thought fans only wanted the best for those they admire.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

So, they only legalized gay marriage for women? That's some massive bias right there.

Didn't think about that, but it'd actually be weirdly plausible. In Germany, for example, homosexuality between men was illegal for quite long, but homosexuality between women somehow wasn't. Even the Nazis didn't specifically persecute lesbians. How weird is that?

I thought fans only wanted the best for those they admire.

Probably not the right place to discuss this, but they aren't truly fans of the person per se. They are fans of this weird idealized role the person plays. And that's where the trouble comes from, in my opinion.

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

That note about the love ban makes me feel bad for idols, I mean how horrible is it when you can't have a love life of your own because of a contract? I thought fans only wanted the best for those they admire.

"Fan" is really the wrong word for these kind of people because really they're more like creepily possessive pseudo-suitors who want to pretend they have some actual claim upon whichever woman they're obsessed with, an attitude the industry is all too happy to encourage and capitalize on regardless of how unhealthy or absurdly unfair it is to the women in question.

Img_20190727_095038
joined Oct 28, 2016

H-how about yaoi marriges... TwT

joined Mar 15, 2017

The obvious one is the Manager and Model, but that's the only one I can remember off the top of my head.

This is from years before they existed.

joined Jan 4, 2014

Didn't think about that, but it'd actually be weirdly plausible. In Germany, for example, homosexuality between men was illegal for quite long, but homosexuality between women somehow wasn't. Even the Nazis didn't specifically persecute lesbians. How weird is that?

No need to go back in history actually... Welcome to current day Singapore:

Same-sex sexual activity legal:

• No: For male (Penalty: Up to 2 years imprisonment; not enforced)
  • Yes: For female
Duke
joined Jul 29, 2017

Wow, the conservatives were right: if you legalize gay marriage, everyone will turn gay. What a beautiful slippery slope .

last edited at Nov 4, 2017 7:18AM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

That was the case in the UK too.

Homosexuality was an offense, but only males were targeted, and condemned either to death or forced labor. Because of the whole "sodomy" thing in the Bible. They even cornered one of their geniuses, Alan Turing, to suicide because they forced him to chemical castration.

Lesbians were never acknowledged or targeted by legislation. So technically, it was legal. Or rather, ignored, dismissed. Not unlike Japan with the whole Class S spiel.

Yuri
joined May 11, 2015

I don't know about this one.... It's kinda cute but it's also pissing me off massively without me being able to point out why... :/

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

"Slippery" slope indeed. I totally see what you did there.

Nodoyue_avatar1
joined Aug 7, 2017

... If this is in Japan, then the Japanese legislature shouldn't be called "Parliament", but rather "National Diet".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Diet

joined Nov 4, 2017

When I saw the title I was like...

Indeed.

joined Sep 25, 2015

H-how about yaoi marriges... TwT

Yaoi is degeneracy, that's why Christianity and Islam usually has a negative look on them.

joined Jun 21, 2015

If only this was real....

Healing-punchiiiii
joined Jan 21, 2016

LOL. All I can think of is Maeda Atsuko and Takahashi Minami from AKB48 (ex-members of the group now btw)

I thought of those exact same people.

Afueee
joined Apr 5, 2013

The "STUPID AKI!" part killed me.

And the Tv Announcer and Weather girl is the best couple! Unexpected and Sudden Yuri development!!

joined Jun 12, 2012

perfection

joined Feb 7, 2016

I always heard about those two but I always wondered were they a thing or just super shipped together ?

joined Jul 7, 2017

I always heard about those two but I always wondered were they a thing or just super shipped together ?

Some said they were an item until Maeda left the group way back 2012. Personally, I think they were just one of those popular ships within the group.

joined Jan 6, 2017

Some said they were an item until Maeda left the group way back 2012. Personally, I think they were just one of those popular ships within the group.

Aw man, Takamina and Acchan...makes me nostalgic for AKB48 when they still had most of their original members~

To reply you must either login or sign up.