Forum › Vampire-chan × Junior-chan discussion

2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

That I'll concede.

Btw, how do Papiliodaemons make you money?

last edited at Nov 1, 2017 11:21AM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Well, it looks tragic and all, but I just don't feel involved at all in that story.

The protagonists are cardboard cutouts. Two-dimensional.

Images%20(18)
joined Oct 18, 2017

When I was reading the latest chap, I was quite irked mildly with the fluidity of the story and the "deception" of the teacher. But it was explained, the "before reaching 18 years old or die of starvation." So, sucking her first blood is an urgent issue.
It is like a story of a kind man who saved a scorpion from drowning. When the kind man was about to put the scorpion to the ground, the scorpion bit him.
The reflection is simply this: You can't stop the kind man to help the dangerous scorpion because it is his nature to be kind. In the same way, the scorpion can't stop biting the kind man because that is its nature to bite.

Thus, in analogy, you can't totally blame the teacher of deceiving both for the sake of saving Iris' life. Yes, it is unfair for Sara but that is "survival of the fittest", kill or be killed. And it was even through Sara's eyes that we can see the sadness in the teacher's eyes forcibly hiding through acquiesced flirting and joke.

Arg
joined Jan 17, 2014

uhhh, thighs vampires aren't that fun anymore now that they are also literal murderers.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

I don't know. This last chapter just put the entire thing into some uncanny valley where character motivation and personalities and plot and so on stopped resembling anything that made sense.

Well. I always preferred a certain other yuri vampire series, but I do think this one could have done better than this ...

joined Jul 5, 2017

Welp, this took a sharp turn into stupid.

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

I will reiterate what I said before, this teacher is a serial killer someone please end these abominations.

Icon%20(4)
joined Jan 20, 2014

I will reiterate what I said before, this teacher is a serial killer someone please end these abominations.

You can call Hellsing

Icon%20(4)
joined Jan 20, 2014

What a cute Toyosatomimi in the credits page ♥ (how we said in my country, and I don't know if that will do once I had translated it, "each crazy with their theme")

In english, that would be "to each their own".

OHHHH thank you ^^

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

When I was reading the latest chap, I was quite irked mildly with the fluidity of the story and the "deception" of the teacher. But it was explained, the "before reaching 18 years old or die of starvation." So, sucking her first blood is an urgent issue.
It is like a story of a kind man who saved a scorpion from drowning. When the kind man was about to put the scorpion to the ground, the scorpion bit him.
The reflection is simply this: You can't stop the kind man to help the dangerous scorpion because it is his nature to be kind. In the same way, the scorpion can't stop biting the kind man because that is its nature to bite.

Thus, in analogy, you can't totally blame the teacher of deceiving both for the sake of saving Iris' life. Yes, it is unfair for Sara but that is "survival of the fittest", kill or be killed. And it was even through Sara's eyes that we can see the sadness in the teacher's eyes forcibly hiding through acquiesced flirting and joke.

A: "Survival of the fittest" is not the same as "kill or be killed," it refers to the fact that the species best adapted to their environment are the most likely to survive in it.

B: It's not a valid excuse regardless as soon as you're talking about beings with the capacity for moral reasoning. The fact that you biologically need to kill people indefinitely to survive does not suddenly make it any less morally wrong to do so especially without even giving both parties the option of informed consent. The reason this is so monumentally fucked is much less the "brides all die within a year" part and much more the part where the protagonists were allowed to enter into this fatal arrangement without knowing that.

joined Aug 22, 2014

Where is the Drama tag?

Untitled%20design
joined Jul 13, 2016

„Guess I’ll die“

joined Oct 13, 2015

This is a vampire series and you're all here salty towards them being "murderer"...people read too much fairytales..

it's not about them being murderers. It's about an adult tricking an underage girl into killing another underage girl and then acting like it's all a silly joke

Sometimes I wish there were an up-vote button.

Even the argument that the teacher is sad and tried to hide it behind a joke doesn't redeem her actions. She regrets it? So what? She directly assisted in the death of a child who only tried to do the good thing. She willingly, and knowingly, committed a crime.

Hahahaha! Nah, man people just like being mad at someone. I knew about the heavy "foreshadowing" and maybe it won't end like complete shit, but for now it feels like we're getting yanked around because it seems sudden after the reveal of Psyche. (Not talking about me just for the others.)

People are mad about how the mangaka handled what could have been a pretty powerful reveal. The whole, 'You're going to die and it's your lovers fault. Yeah, I knew from the start. And now i'm going to get my kinky blood sucking on. Don't mind me. Wait, where are you going? WHY ARE YOU NOT BREAKING DOWN?'

Most of us are mad, i believe, at the despicable character and how the mangaka tried to make this light-hearted and silly. Fuck sakes, make it tragic or mate it cutesy. This balancing act ruined whatever tone was intended.

joined Oct 13, 2015

Does anyone know, or can remember if it’s been revealed, why she can’t simply drink blood from a bloodbag?

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

Murder is stull murder.

%23spartasgirl
joined Jul 14, 2016

And to quote Patton Oswalt "...it takes a hard left turn into Assholeville". Bleh, I had hopes for this series but I don't want Depressing as Fuck!

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

The teacher is a good teacher. She's there to teach the real students (the papillodemons) not the livestock.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

LateNightLeona posted:

You can't just hook me in with great art, pleasant story, and erotic blood rituals... then tell me everyone dies. Dropped.

I too like making knee jerk reactions and dropping things the moment things take a turn for the worst before even giving the author a chance to clear things up or see how they turn out.

This should all be basically expected due to all the hints the previous chapters have dropped. Those hints also cover things in the future which suggest things won't turn out quite as badly as they seem at the moment.

Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

Not sure why people are complaining. This was foreshadowed multiple times, starting with the last page of the first chapter. The author knew from the beginning that it was going to have a tragic plot, and the readers should have known that themselves.

There is a difference between having a tragic plot and having a dumb tragic plot. Did Iris ever notice other brides just disappearing after a year? Unless the teacher is literally the only other vampire she has ever had contact with there is absolutely no reason she shouldn't have known about this, and even then she would have had to notice the teacher jumping to a new bride every year while the last one just disappeared. Also, whats the point of tricking Iris? Does the teacher think that making her unknowingly kill one person is going to make killing the next a breeze? And this is all piled up on how the author fails to contrast between the drama and comedy. Trying to do both at the same time diminishes the impact of both, pick one and stick to it.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Meh, I stand by my last chapter comments that I don't think it'll happen.

But I still think the author handled this pretty badly. I think the idea to the mangaka was that the teacher "sacrificed" herself to play the bad guy, knowing that she'd be blamed for not telling them, but feeling it was necessary ... somehow ... to save the vamp girl ... for some reason....
... except that the author made a complete mess of the entire thing and I really have no sympathy for anyone involved here.

Plus, some random bits thrown in like this shady organization which is in it for money (am I supposed to cheer for them?) and this super-dramatically-convenient-setup (which works apparently precisely for one vamp<->one girl; do they have to have one bride? What happens if the effects are spread out over multiple victims? Why not give them blood from a blood bag instead of a live person? What about dialysis?) and so on.

Maybe it's just one chapter that didn't work quite so well, but experience tells me that once authors misstepped like this usually they don't manage to save their stories (at least to my tastes, not saying someone else might not enjoy it ^^; )

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

It's bizzarre how the bride took it, but I guess that's not totally impossible when you make a girl so lonely and without ambitions, dreams or friends.

Images%20(18)
joined Oct 18, 2017

A: "Survival of the fittest" is not the same as "kill or be killed," it refers to the fact that the species best adapted to their environment are the most likely to survive in it.

That includes killing. How would you let a lion survive? I was not limiting my thinking to beings but included papilio-daemons. A creature who has to suck blood before it reaches to 18yo or die of starvation. An "Iris" which is special among its kind. A teacher which ensures its survival. But if this story doesn't includes such "beings", tgen I would be the one to say, MANIPULATIVE BITCH.

B: It's not a valid excuse regardless as soon as you're talking about beings with the capacity for moral reasoning. The fact that you biologically need to kill people indefinitely to survive does not suddenly make it any less morally wrong to do so especially without even giving both parties the option of informed consent. The reason this is so monumentally fucked is much less the "brides all die within a year" part and much more the part where the protagonists were allowed to enter into this fatal arrangement without knowing that.

For me, it is a valid excuse as a papiliodaemon. This is the reason I read this manga. It is unconventional, morally intriguing and imaginative. It makes me wonder how the author will justify all of these.

Promo-facebook-facebook%20profile%20picture
joined May 24, 2014

Does anyone know, or can remember if it’s been revealed, why she can’t simply drink blood from a bloodbag?

B- but if they did that, we wouldn't have all this delicious drama and angst! What a waste that would be!

Yumi%20sachiko%20kiss%201
joined Apr 6, 2017

Everyone is talking about the teacher but noone seems to be mentioning that there is a evil organisation killing young girls enmass for financial gain..

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

Yeah, I don't remember any explanation for why this isn't possible like even if it had to be "fresh" blood there's no rational reason biting ever needs to be involved at all she could literally just drip blood from a wound into her mouth. It's another instance of the issues with trying to mix a light comedic tone with a super-dramatic one: comedy requires a great deal less explanation because being ridiculous is often the entire point whereas with drama you immediately start picking it apart because you expect it to make sense if you're supposed to take it seriously.

To reply you must either login or sign up.