Forum › Vampire-chan × Junior-chan discussion

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

...So, the series just made it's premise really fucked up, but is trying to keep it's tone more-or-less the same? This is terrible

Untitled102_20231004232707
joined Mar 26, 2014

XD Everyone dies, but here have a Happy Halloween. Omg, what the fuck! Hahahaha!

joined Mar 26, 2014

Man, Sensei sure was acting pompous for someone who tricked a person into becoming a murderer. An act or not to hide her guilt, she still acted like an asshole. If I hadn't been told she was sad and given flashbacks, the look on her face when our MC didn't fall to despair might have appeared to be one of frustration because she didn't give her the fun reaction she was expecting.

Edit: Also what the fuck? You tell someone that you deceived them into killing someone so that she and her organization could keep using them for all their worth, then decide to get it on in front of the people who you are going to murder like its no big deal.

I know right?! What an asshole! She's such a bitch I fucking can't stand it. She knew more or less what Sara's background was and still let her become a bride. Dang man it's as if she wanted someone else to suffer as she had to see if it would make her happy. What a twisted personality.

joined Mar 26, 2014

This is a vampire series and you're all here salty towards them being "murderer"...people read too much fairytales..

Well, there are different kinds of vampire series for different tastes.

It is pretty interesting to contrast it with the other vampire yuri series being scanlated at the moment, Seifuku no Vampiress Lord. That series actively steers away from every possible source of drama and angst as soon as it comes into view, remaining a light-hearted comedy where being a vampire is honestly kind of a sweet deal and doesn't have to involve doing serious harm to anybody.

Meanwhile, in Vampire-chan x Junior-chan, both the vampire and the bride are subject to a combination of biological necessity and chemical mind control to lock them into a codependent dynamic that'll inevitably kill the bride within a year, after which the vampire has to find a new bride and do the same thing all over again, with no way to break the cycle as long as the vampire exists. It's a bleak, hopeless situation for everyone involved, and I'm honestly half expecting Iris to attempt suicide at some point now that she knows just how bad things are.

Fyi. I'm pretty sure you freakin called it. I mean it's such a sad thing to have to drink of a human only to have them die in a year. They have no hope or future just like I bet Iris feels. She always thought she was a monster because of that uncle and now shit ya know she's thinking he was right.

joined Mar 26, 2014

Ya know I think (also sorry for like replying/looking like I'm spamming) it would have been better (a more happier ending) if Sara was told she'd only live for a month and then ends up living for a year and one month as if her body did so just to spite them (or just a year). But ya know that she still dies. If she lived even for a little longer than a year I'd hope that'd make Iris happier about everything too. Not a "love conquers all story", but a more of "with love you can endure anything" kind of end.

joined Oct 13, 2015

Glad to see i'm not the only one infuriated by that teacher.

Having the brides die with a timelimit isn't bad. It ups the tension. Suddenly introducing a secret organisation who sacrifices lives and uses the vampires to further their agendas and make money to, just guessing, try and control the world (because why not?) - that's very generic.

It seems as though the mangaka didn't really know what to do with the story until about a chapter or two ago.

I enjoy this series but this chapter was crap.

Tsw118
joined Feb 27, 2015

She knew more or less what Sara's background was and still let her become a bride.

Technically, having a girl with no living relatives become a 1 year expendable bride is a practical thing to do. 100kk yen is great for silencing people, but it's still no guarantee girl's family won't make a fuss about Psyche.
Hmm. This makes me wonder if Psyche had sponsored some orphanages for this precise reason.

joined Jun 12, 2015

Pretty grim chapter. What the heck?

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

Well that is a good way to ruin a cute and fun manga.

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

This is just an awful chapter all around and the twist really doesnt fit in well with the rest of the manga whatsoever, also if these guys are sacrificing their brides every year to live then someone call a vampire hunter right now because unlike a lot of other manga where they state "oh no im a monster" they ARE actually monsters.

So, it looks like this series just completely ruined its tone by turning the vampires into mass-murdering monsters backed by an evil organization, without the author seeming to have realized that fact.

I mean, Sensei there is a serial killer that preys on underage girls.

Jeez.

Also this like holy shit somebody get Alucard or Vampire Hunter D on the phone, fucking anyone because this is straight up diabolic.

last edited at Nov 1, 2017 6:07AM

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

Talk about ridiculous tonal whiplash. It's so jarring to go from this "serious melodramatic tragedy" to "lighthearted ecchi" mood in the span of literally a single page I don't even know what this author is thinking at this point it just doesn't work it totally undermines both moods and makes everything feel like a badly thought out mess.

last edited at Nov 1, 2017 6:50AM

Senjougahara_sama
Rowow
joined Jun 12, 2017

I didn't sign up for these feels.

Ttkls2
joined Aug 13, 2013

You can't just hook me in with great art, pleasant story, and erotic blood rituals... then tell me everyone dies. Dropped.

joined Feb 23, 2016

Omg i always knew the sensei was putting up a front! I bet she cried deeply over for every bride that passed away... :c but takano will do something right xD i don't see a tragedy tag so :>

last edited at Nov 1, 2017 7:45AM

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

Omg i always knew the sensei was putting up a front! I bet she cried deeply over for every bride that passed away... :c but takano will do something right xD i don't see a tragedy tag so :>

Apparently she didn't care enough to stop murdering them though.

71178170e95cf68bb6d8aa5a34b2b01a
joined Jun 4, 2014

i'll bet 5 bucks that this mangaka will do some Tokyo Ghoul shit and try to make a surgery for Sara using Iris's blood or a part of her organs then they magically succeed causing Sara to become half human, half vampire. Making Sara and Iris live happily ever after sucking each other's blood everyday.

Sshot-8
joined Oct 25, 2011

Like it says at the end of the extra: 'die.'

Translation: she won't die.

F6027a7c125b156932db27aa264cfb2a
joined Jul 3, 2015

what a way to ruin a series lmao

Not sure why people are complaining. This was foreshadowed multiple times, starting with the last page of the first chapter. The author knew from the beginning that it was going to have a tragic plot, and the readers should have known that themselves.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Not sure why people are complaining. This was foreshadowed multiple times, starting with the last page of the first chapter. The author knew from the beginning that it was going to have a tragic plot, and the readers should have known that themselves.

It's also abundantly clear that things won't run the way that we're being told. It's like people have never read manga before.

joined Mar 26, 2014

It's also abundantly clear that things won't run the way that we're being told. It's like people have never read manga before.

Hahahaha! Nah, man people just like being mad at someone. I knew about the heavy "foreshadowing" and maybe it won't end like complete shit, but for now it feels like we're getting yanked around because it seems sudden after the reveal of Psyche. (Not talking about me just for the others.)

joined Mar 26, 2014

She knew more or less what Sara's background was and still let her become a bride.

Technically, having a girl with no living relatives become a 1 year expendable bride is a practical thing to do. 100kk yen is great for silencing people, but it's still no guarantee girl's family won't make a fuss about Psyche.
Hmm. This makes me wonder if Psyche had sponsored some orphanages for this precise reason.

Yeah okay. Funny how you pick that sentence, trim it to single it out, and then reply. I get that. Shit.
But she's suffered enough (think about it: would you like everyone around you to die including yourself?)
She's an optimist. She could've lived a long and happy life (ya know if she ever got over her shyness). Say all this never happened. She said previously that her grandmother gave her enough money so that she wouldn't have to work until about the age of twenty. Which means for her survival she'd have to get a job, meet new people, maybe even make friends (I mean she is pretty funny to be around), but that doesn't make for a good manga.
All I'm saying is Sensei knew that and still wanted to put her through more shit to see her reaction. In hopes that she'd be crushed. Sensei. Did it out of malice and that is what I meant by my sentence. Mr. Well I have to help them understand because they just don't get it.

Sin%20t%c3%adtulo-min
joined Sep 28, 2011

This is a vampire series and you're all here salty towards them being "murderer"...people read too much fairytales..

it's not about them being murderers. It's about an adult tricking an underage girl into killing another underage girl and then acting like it's all a silly joke

2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

I'm a bit put off by the tonal disjoints. I hope this works out for Takano Saku. I mean, it seems to be their best shot so far.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I'm a bit put off by the tonal disjoints. I hope this works out for Takano Saku. I mean, it seems to be their best shot so far.

Even with the disjoints, it's still got better pacing than The One I Love.

last edited at Nov 1, 2017 11:15AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.