Forum › Tonari no Robot discussion

Cooldudeshitlord
Tumblr_inline_mmx1mincnm1qz4rgp
joined Nov 15, 2014

The one about Chika-chan getting married to a guy is bullshit. It turns out Chika-chan was a robot all along. Never believe spoilers read in comments sections.

i can't tell is this is a goof or not.... from what it looks like in my physical copy (i can't read japanese and got it for collector's purposes and supporting the author) it seems that she goes straight, i can provide pics if needed, but there's prolly untranslated full scans out there anyways, and i recall reading a review that explains the heterosexual ending, but i could be wrong?

major spoilers assuming i'm not a dumbass and wrong edit: chika appears far older in the final chapter, and appears to be breaking some kinda news to hiro, and prior to this, there's some kind of panic happening with the science dudes n hiro. at the end tho, they hold hands? my interpretation is chika gettin it with some dude instead of her cute robo GF, and i thought i read a review that said the same, but i could be wrong

last edited at Aug 29, 2017 7:20PM

joined Mar 15, 2017

^ You are very wrong and a massive dumbass.

Best Mangaka Rohan
25dfc3e30a88f17394a8d2037430b766
joined Dec 13, 2016

This is going to end in heartbreak.

Trust me, robots and humans story always does.

last edited at Aug 29, 2017 7:41PM

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Trust me, robots and humans story always does.

Not true. I'm thinking of for example the novel A Date with Angel (and other things that weren't supposed to happen). Except Angel is of course an alien scout who lost her memory and totally not a robot. Or possibly a Terminator from the future.

Either way they are very happy together. Don't dismiss lesbian robots!

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I wrote a story about a lesbian robot once. I should do it again. The world needs more lesbian robots.

59453ac1563a3102b9b5731298ad55a7
joined Aug 31, 2014

I wrote a story about a lesbian robot once. I should do it again. The world needs more lesbian robots.

this, THIS... PLEASE DO IT

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

Cooldudeshitlord posted:

I had assumed you were trolling, but I guess you're just really dumb.

Also, agreed, more lesbian robots would be nice. I like this one because she feels way more like an actual AI than usual, but The Ocean Meets the Sky and Linkage are really good too.

last edited at Aug 29, 2017 8:41PM

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

Wow. That went :'(--and quickly.

Tangent: The side noses were distracting to me ...for some reason. They seemed extra pointy or something. :?

joined Feb 23, 2016

Damn it's been forever and it's already so much drama (´Д` )

Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

schuyguy posted:

Cooldudeshitlord posted:

I had assumed you were trolling, but I guess you're just really dumb.

Why insult someone just for misunderstanding a story?

last edited at Aug 30, 2017 12:11AM

joined Jul 31, 2013

noo so sad ;__;

schuyguy Uploader
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

themusicman500 posted:
Why insult someone just for misunderstanding a story?

It's not for misunderstanding the story. It's for
1) deciding to look at the pages of a story without understanding the language,
2) coming to an almost comically incorrect conclusion,
3) assuming it's somehow the absolute truth and not just a mistaken impression,
4) coming here to share this impression with others, and
5) reporting it as if it were fact (as you can see in their earlier post, no mention of being unable to actually read the book, just insisting that whatever they got from looking at the pictures is the truth).

Misunderstanding something is forgivable. But I think anyone who foists their obvious misunderstandings upon others and promotes them as facts should be called "dumb". Also, the poster included this in their second post:

major spoilers assuming i'm not a dumbass and wrong

I'm merely confirming what they already suspect about themselves.

last edited at Aug 30, 2017 1:04AM

Sin%20t%c3%adtulo-min
joined Sep 28, 2011

My all time favorite thing about this is Praha's full team of Dads and Moms. They're the best thing ever

2641afdd-9dc4-4327-a1c3-a5b558c33522
joined Mar 12, 2014

aaaaaa it continues

i love this story so much

themusicman500
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

It's not for misunderstanding the story. It's for
1) deciding to look at the pages of a story without understanding the language,

Buying the book helps support the author.

2) coming to an almost comically incorrect conclusion,
Happens to the best of us
3) assuming it's somehow the absolute truth and not just a mistaken impression,

They apparently read a review which planted a false impression in their head. Again, it happens.

4) coming here to share this impression with others, and

This is a public forum for discussing the manga. The poster included labelled spoiler tags.

5) reporting it as if it were fact (as you can see in their earlier post, no mention of being unable to actually read the book, just insisting that whatever they got from looking at the pictures is the truth).

They honestly thought it was the truth, why is this a problem?

Misunderstanding something is forgivable. But I think anyone who foists their obvious misunderstandings upon others and promotes them as facts should be called "dumb". Also, the poster included this in their second post:

I still don't see why you think the comments were so bad the poster deserved to be insulted. And I would not call posting spoiler tagged comments on a forum "foisting."

major spoilers assuming i'm not a dumbass and wrong

I'm merely confirming what they already suspect about themselves.

Didn't you say earlier in this post you didn't like them "reporting as fact?" Now it's bad that they acknowledge they might be wrong? Which they did multiple times by the way. Take a glance at their forum history and you'll see they're a generally fine citizen on this site.

last edited at Aug 30, 2017 6:47AM

Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

You know what doesn't support the author? Asserting a false negative about the story so that ignorant people who read it will no longer follow it. See the people who were disappointed, even one person calling it garbage. The insults are justified, especially when they directly invite them.

If you can't actually read the language, don't try to ruin the story for others with false impressions.

Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

You know what doesn't support the author? Asserting a false negative about the story so that ignorant people who read it will no longer follow it. See the people who were disappointed, even one person calling it garbage. The insults are justified, especially when they directly invite them.

If you can't actually read the language, don't try to ruin the story for others with false impressions.

After thinking it over I get that it was pretty bad, yeah. I still don't think it was intentional trolling or malicious though, so I'd be more inclined to cut them a break as long as they don't do it again.

last edited at Aug 30, 2017 11:21AM

MegaWallflower
Capture
joined Sep 22, 2014

Oh, another chapter of Tonari no Robot! Love this series so much! Love things that explore the way artificial beings grow and feel as a reflection of how humans do it ourselves, and those differences are reconciliable in the crazy thing we call love. I really hope they get a happy ending together.

Nezchan put it best. The world needs more lesbian robots.

0000profile%20pic_my%20food%20seems%20to%20be%20very%20cute
joined Feb 26, 2017

I just noticed that there are two characters who are named after two cities from my country. Even the word "stop" was written in Czech! XD

schuyguy Uploader
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

Yeah, there's a reason all the robots are named after Czech cities.

Capture%20_2018-03-05-21-59-51~2_resized
joined Apr 28, 2016

For those unaware.

last edited at Aug 30, 2017 5:35PM

joined Feb 15, 2013

This is a masterpiece...

Lady and gentleman, this is how a masterpiece looks like.

A masterpiece

0000profile%20pic_my%20food%20seems%20to%20be%20very%20cute
joined Feb 26, 2017

For those unaware.

Oh right! I forgot about this.

joined Sep 1, 2017

After thinking it over I get that it was pretty bad, yeah. I still don't think it was intentional trolling or malicious though, so I'd be more inclined to cut them a break as long as they don't do it again.

Not to be rude but I am surprised you didn't see a comment he made before, if you read back anyway, so I agree with calling him out on it. I legit only made this account to talk about it because i love this manga and after reading his comment it made me think "wow how sad.. don't wanna break my little heart so mind as well just create my own ending in my head" which sounds stupid but it happens. Either way I won't allow such a stupid comment ruin my liking to the manga. Despite it being a public page, some comments are completely unnecessary. If you want to talk about something, be informed and not go based off of what you see or is being told, if you read along (if you understand) then go ahead and talk all you want. I don't see how it isn't malicious becaus he made a comment before and same thing.. honestly the post are meant to talk about the manga and not the future of it, unless it is released because otherwise it's considered a spoiler, but even a spoiler has a general knowledge of the manga

last edited at Sep 1, 2017 4:52AM

Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

Not to be rude but I am surprised you didn't see a comment he made before, if you read back anyway, so I agree with calling him out on it. I legit only made this account to talk about it because i love this manga and after reading his comment it made me think "wow how sad.. don't wanna break my little heart so mind as well just create my own ending in my head" which sounds stupid but it happens. Either way I won't allow such a stupid comment ruin my liking to the manga. Despite it being a public page, some comments are completely unnecessary. If you want to talk about something, be informed and not go based off of what you see or is being told, if you read along (if you understand) then go ahead and talk all you want. I don't see how it isn't malicious becaus he made a comment before and same thing.. honestly the post are meant to talk about the manga and not the future of it, unless it is released because otherwise it's considered a spoiler, but even a spoiler has a general knowledge of the manga

It's not malicious because it was an honest mistake. People comment about raws of future chapters on this site all the time, and speculate, in spoiler tags, about what's going on in them. The only reason there was backlash here is because this is a such a well loved series, and people were upset that there might be het at the end. It was annoying and the poster in question should be more careful in the future, but they didn't mean to offend anyone and didn't really do that much wrong.

To reply you must either login or sign up.