Forum › My Sister's Friend discussion

Screenshot_20180828-085722_1
joined Mar 21, 2016

Sixth graders were 10 when I went through, which is probably what made this super creepy for me. #_#

same here. Iwas also around that age when sixth grade schooler.

so, I see nothing but creepiness . wtf with dat kiss? there's no build up to this shit at all, its so random and creepy, also what the hell with that dont tell anyone anyway?
it reminds me of certain onee san from fragment of love by takemiya jin

last edited at Aug 23, 2017 8:51AM

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

She says "Don't tell your sister" not "Don't tell anyone" - presumably because she reasonably assumes her friendship might get awkward if the older sister knows she kissed the little sister (or because she's dating the older sister and doesn't want her to know she's cheating on her - there is zero evidence that this is the case, but it would be kinda funny if that's how the story turned out).

To me, this is just another of those things that might be creepy if it happened in real life, but since it's in a manga, it's just cute. The little sister does say she liked it, so there's that.

Ss%20(2015-08-13%20at%2011.16.07)
joined Jul 3, 2015

not creepy because they were almost the same age and they knew each other very well...

worst case scenario she deserves a slap and be told to fuck off but she liked it so I see no problem!

joined Mar 8, 2016

I think (at least, I hope) that part of the disconnect that some people are having with not being able to see the "creepy" factor here is the layer of remove that the manga format adds. We are all at this point more or less accustomed/desensitized to the pantheon of characters who are stated to be the "magic" age of 14-15 and yet are drawn with the curves and poise of full-grown adults (speaking of women here but it applies to the men too sometimes). All the 14-year-olds should be creepy to us too, but we're used to it and the art either doesn't reflect their age or the stylization makes it easy to look past.

In this case, the younger sister isn't drawn appreciably differently so you could overlook the 6th grade line and not see anything wrong. However, try to think if this were a live action TV show. Would you be comfortable watching a 16-18 year old pin down and kiss a 10-12 year old? Do you remember what it was like to be 10-12? Everyone's different, I know, but I can say I had zero interest in girls or understanding of sexual desire at all until about 14. Moreover, have you seen a 10-12 year old (or even 14-15) recently? I looked at some old yearbooks awhile back and I could not believe how awkward and gangly all the people I thought were so mature at the time actually looked. They're just slightly taller kids.

If you have particular fetishes and fantasies that make this stuff appealing to you, well, that's your deal and manga will always have that demo. But you can't rationally not see how for most people this is stretching too far into loli territory.

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

I agree 100% with all the "not creepy to me cuz it's a manga" crowd.

HOWEVER:

I think what she's shooting for is in between that attitude and the attitude in Ao Hana. You can't possibly think that what her cousin did to her didn't eff Fumi up completely. I think we're meant to (a) think it is kinda bad and (b) funny nonetheless. It's Mochi Au Lait engaging in black humor, not her going, "Oh, yeah, and it's funny to jump 6th graders then swear them to silence! Hot, too!"

If there's a sequel, it will be interesting to see where she goes with it.

last edited at Aug 23, 2017 5:34PM

Marion Diabolito
joined Jan 5, 2015

BTW to re-cap Aoi-hana, chronologically:

Her cousin Chi-chan started molesting Fumi when she was 10 or 11 until she was 13 or so and moved away. She told her she loved her and Fumi eventually fell in love with Chi-chan. When they moved back, Fumi thought she and Chi-chan were still a couple, naively enough. Chi-chan acted like usual, and teased her about her breasts and about Ah-chan. And then Fumi found out Chi-chan had just gotten married by seeing a cake her mother made "Congratulations on Your Marriage, Chi-chan!" She was crying for days and Ah-chan, not knowing she had something to really cry about, accused her of being a crybaby. So Fumi just repeated, over and over and over "So cruel. So cruel. Chi-chan is so cruel."
It undoubtedly set the stage for her future heartbreaks. It didn't help that her first real girlfriend was also terrible. She announced she was going out with Fumi to her family, then dumped Fumi for basically no reason the same day.

The only uplifting part of that whole episode was Akira holding Fumi with an expression on her face like "Whoever this Chi-chan bitch is, ima phuck her up."

last edited at Aug 23, 2017 6:29PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

To be honest, I really wish manga in general would get over its obsession with high school. Especially with romance, which yuri is basically a sub-genre of. There's this mental block you have to fit in place that helps you ignore the fact that you, the reader, are basically perving on the love lives of teenagers.

But that's the genre isn't it? High school is that idealized "golden youth" time in Japan that adults are supposed to be nostalgic for and it's the period when girl-girl relationships are most accepted (to the degree they are at all) over there. Makes me appreciate the fact that there are a lot of modern artists who break out of that mold to write about college age and above characters rather than middle schoolers, and those who make doujins with the characters older than the source material. Bless them all.

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

I agree, the obsession with high school is pretty annoying. Just for the sake of variety, it's nice to see works about adults. Also, being an adult, it's more relateable rather than reading about foolish emotional teenagers all the goddamn time.

Plus there's that tired formula of events - entering the school in spring, midterms, summer vacation, fall festival, Christmas and New Years, Valentines Day, a new year with new classes, etc. Mangaka outsource their plot writing (as well as character development, half the time). It's like each series is a pre-written form letter where the author just fills in a few blanks and sells it as something new.

Of course, there are some quite good stories in school settings. And even the forumlaic garbage can be fun. That's just a rant that has nothing to do with this story, whatsoever. Mochi Au Lait tends to follow the cliches, but plays around with them a bit so at least they're funny, and still cute.

C44d8dc6-30f6-464b-9df6-21306e5b293c
joined May 16, 2017

Well, that felt a bit rape-y... Doubly so with how the friend ended it with "Don't tell your sister".

I absolutely love Mochi's art style, but I find that I'm not really comfortable with a lot of their works. The significant focus on incestous relationships isn't really something for me, and doubly so when it comes to characters with too big of an age gape/are too young. A lot of relationships in manga/doujin, even those that are purely intended as romance or SoL, simply do not seem healthy.

I generally don't really like stories like this, because of how initiating a relationship with someone thats too young prevents them from being able to view the situation properly, as well as how it would inevitably affect their growth and development. Even worse yet when it's in a situation where the older one is in some sort of position above them, such as family member, family friend, or in a job a child is meant to respect and not question, such as a teacher.

last edited at Aug 24, 2017 1:44AM

joined Aug 4, 2014

Including forcible kiss is in a rather bad taste. I know much worse things were uploaded here but I would really prefer Mochi to not go THAT way.

Yeah, there is incest in other works but come on... It's done in a very light-hearted, comedic way. Here shit goes pretty dark out of blue.

Animeyuridanshismall
joined Apr 25, 2014

it only seems like there was no buildup because we dont see the backstory. cant forget that those two have known each other for a really long time. and i dont really see what's wrong with the "don't tell your sister" line. shes not saying it to threaten her or anything. shes saying it because it would make things awkward between all three of them.

Marion Diabolito
joined Jan 5, 2015

I re-read it, and I still see knowing, black humor so far.

joined Apr 10, 2014

"Are you freaking for real!!? Shit!"

Who actually say that irl?

Animeyuridanshismall
joined Apr 25, 2014

she mad salty, yo.

Commandershepard13
1071350_639308102760295_1399509523_o
joined Mar 24, 2014

To be honest, I really wish manga in general would get over its obsession with high school. Especially with romance, which yuri is basically a sub-genre of. There's this mental block you have to fit in place that helps you ignore the fact that you, the reader, are basically perving on the love lives of teenagers.

But that's the genre isn't it? High school is that idealized "golden youth" time in Japan that adults are supposed to be nostalgic for and it's the period when girl-girl relationships are most accepted (to the degree they are at all) over there. Makes me appreciate the fact that there are a lot of modern artists who break out of that mold to write about college age and above characters rather than middle schoolers, and those who make doujins with the characters older than the source material. Bless them all.

Nez laying down some wisdom.

Heihtzz
joined Oct 16, 2016

"Are you freaking for real!!? Shit!"

Who actually say that irl?

Clearly, you have never met me or any of my friends.

Bondage%20fairies%20collection%20%20%20%232%20-%20page%204
joined Dec 16, 2013

is muppo a moomin?

Bondage%20fairies%20collection%20%20%20%232%20-%20page%204
joined Dec 16, 2013

you're just getting old nez.....

joined Aug 14, 2017

lol @ "I'm gonna go wash my hands for a bit."

This is definitely a mistranslation of something akin to 「ちょっとお手洗いに」 which, while literally translatable as washing hands, actually means going to the bathroom.

themusicman500
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

Zoetrophy posted:

lol @ "I'm gonna go wash my hands for a bit."

This is definitely a mistranslation of something akin to 「ちょっとお手洗いに」 which, while literally translatable as washing hands, actually means going to the bathroom.

Might not be a mistranslation, so much as a colorful choice of words. "I'm gonna go wash my hands" in English is a common euphemism for going to the bathroom.

last edited at Aug 26, 2017 3:49AM

Your_hair_has_gotten_longer_by_folksneedheroes-d5l5v69
joined Apr 23, 2015

Speaking of coercive though, I haven't seen much flak about this manga, where there's explicit blackmail going on.

but . . . I can't give it flak cause I didn't even read it since it is incest. Nothing against incest or those who read it.

I didn't like this. It felt creepy and I actually don't think it was meant to be.

I agree that the focus on high-school age and younger leaves me with a serious desire for some variety. I got nothing against youth stories. I think they should always exist. Just wish there were more stories about other age groups.

I will draw so much yuri if I ever get my crappy art skills up! Donno if the writing will ever be any good though. XP

joined Aug 24, 2017

This looks great
Hoping for more!

joined Sep 13, 2018

rape

C9081e6cac1e7e244a253aa99fa38117
joined Sep 8, 2021

Er...boderline creepy?

Type1afterthecurtaincallssoyoungregrets_sm2
joined Sep 1, 2021

So a trusted family friend molested a young girl. Which confused the girl but she "didn't hate it". It's passive POV and it halted at a kiss but hell no. Gross stuff.

So far, this is the most uncomfortable I've felt reading Mochi Au Lait.

To reply you must either login or sign up.