Forum › My Sister's Friend discussion

2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

Change the friend to anyone else (uncle, parent, family friend) and it gets a whole lot more like child molestation.

This. You don't actually have to swap anyone. I think it's the "don't tell anyone"-part that makes it creepy.

last edited at Aug 22, 2017 12:38PM

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Was never a big fan of surprise kisses cuz there's never any consent in that. We also don't really know the age difference between the two and it happened to MC when she was in 6th grade so like around 12 years old? But regardless I do wanna know what happens next if there is a 2nd part....

joined Aug 10, 2016

Change the friend to anyone else (uncle, parent, family friend) and it gets a whole lot more like child molestation.

This. You don't actually have to swap anyone. I think it's the "don't tell anyone"-part that makes it creepy.

Family friend is what her sister's friend is.

Badass%20yuyuko%20-%20avatar2
joined Dec 4, 2015

Never saw this one, yet another great one (concerning, but still good).

I sense Drama Love Triangle Cheating in the future if there's a sequel. Please madokami-sama, let me be wrong.

As pointed before, maybe it turns out Incest Polyamory ?. That would be better, wouldn't it?

last edited at Aug 22, 2017 2:53PM

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

^ I never got the feeling She is dating / intimate with the older sister too. She just doesn't want her friend to know she kissed her younger sister I think.

joined Dec 4, 2015

elevown posted:
^ I never got the feeling She is dating / intimate with the older sister too. She just doesn't want her friend to know she kissed her younger sister I think.

Well, it's just hope(?) for the future I guess, nothing to think too much about (even more since, you know, it was just 4 pages and the sister had just two lines).

Hafo posted:
Like everyone else, I dunno about this one. Bottom tier Mochi I guess.
And here's likely the final revision of this chart for a good while (Until that untranslated Pixiv Manga comes out, anyway.)
http://i.imgur.com/yaF784T.png

What "untranslated Pixiv Manga"?
Also, not wanting to rank Mochi's mangas, but my least favorite is still The Useless Senpai and The Talented Kouhai.

last edited at Aug 22, 2017 5:06PM

Kinchan%20drawing%20maru%20%20dfhgsdhfsdhgsdf%20i%20lov%20e
joined Dec 21, 2015

I always love when I get that email saying Mochi has a new story.

The mochiverse of yuri makes me very happy.

Me too! I freakin' adore the mochiverse!

Nodoyue_avatar1
joined Aug 7, 2017

That two-timing bitch.

... Nothing says that she's the older sister's girlfriend.

Best Mangaka Rohan
25dfc3e30a88f17394a8d2037430b766
joined Dec 13, 2016

Hmmm.

Hmmmmm. I agree with this.

Cooldudeshitlord
Tumblr_inline_mmx1mincnm1qz4rgp
joined Nov 15, 2014

not into this - the age difference bothers me (prolly bc the characters look young in this style) and a big problem i have with mochi's work is that 'if this was het all yall would find it creepy af' bc it is and the fact that it's yuri doesn't make it not creepy, yknow?

joined Sep 18, 2014

Sorry Marvel and DC... Mochiverse is far beyond...

Fetish%20notebook%20lsmol
joined May 20, 2013

I get confused by some posts here saying how this is creepy and, from I guess a story-writing standpoint, you could say that crafting a scenario where a younger girl gets smooched without consent is bad because x,y, or z.

Sure, I get that. I disagree, but I get the argument. But it also happens. Spur of the moment actions that aren't exactly molesty or coercive when they ask someone not to tell, due to embarrassment or what have you...

Speaking of coercive though, I haven't seen much flak about this manga, where there's explicit blackmail going on.

Of course, this isn't meant to be whataboutism, I'm just not sure I agree with what counts as unpleasant from otherwise precious and cute Mochi manga.

joined Dec 4, 2015

I feel it's one of those strange days... how curious.

Hafo posted:
This one:
https://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=55515455
(bonus page: https://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=55896702)
I say untranslated because that one, unlike all the previously uploaded mangas, didn't have a translation (and wasn't uploaded) on danbooru,

I see, I didn't know this one existed, my bad (but you didn't need to explain the meaning of "untranslated" too ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ, but I may have set some kind of misinterpretation).

Cooldudeshitlord posted:
not into this - the age difference bothers me (prolly bc the characters look young in this style) and a big problem i have with mochi's work is that 'if this was het all yall would find it creepy af' bc it is and the fact that it's yuri doesn't make it not creepy, yknow?

What are you talking about? All the Incest stuff?
I can't speak for the others, but even if it weren't Yuri I still wouldn't find it creepy, while it's true that incest isn't "normal" (because of it's possible birth complications and maybe one or other motives that I don't remember), thinking of it as "creepy" is, for me, a bit of a exageration.

@ morter
Agreed. When I read it I also didn't find it creepy, however, I did see the point others were making, which, I must admit, left me with doubt, but your explanation brought me back, thank you.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Just tossing this out there...

If someone thinks something is "creepy", arguing the point is a ridiculous thing to do. It's a personal taste and value judgement. The proper response is very similar to someone saying they liked it - acknowledging that this is how they feel and no other response is necessary.

As the saying goes, "You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into."

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Doesn't "6th grade" in Japan refer to "end of middle school"? So that would put her what, about 13-14? I'm thinking sister and friend are somewhere in the 16-18 range by the looks of them, so it's not that huge in terms of age.

The sudden forced kiss out of nowhere was kind of a dick move though.

joined Dec 4, 2015

Just tossing this out there...

If someone thinks something is "creepy", arguing the point is a ridiculous thing to do. It's a personal taste and value judgement. The proper response is very similar to someone saying they liked it - acknowledging that this is how they feel and no other response is necessary.

As the saying goes, "You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into."

Right, you are. I got a bit curious and forgot that for a moment there...

Don't mind the image, I just never get a good opportunity to use it.
Animeyuridanshismall
joined Apr 25, 2014

the little sister looks a lot more like the friend than the older sister so you can kinda pretend its incest.

Ff1a724c73fac5cdbd12f79a54966a5025f54c394c232611e6a1c490a4e4b1db
joined May 22, 2014

I heard this phrase from my brother at one point "never hit on your best friend's sister" well that's between guy friends but my sister never said anything like that so it must be ok between girls.

The%20witch's%20house
joined Apr 9, 2015

honestly i cant ship these two. i dont really like how it played out sorry this time.

ALSO NEW EYE STYLE BY MOCHI AGAIN AahaHAHAhaahH

2641afdd-9dc4-4327-a1c3-a5b558c33522
joined Mar 12, 2014

mochi trying something new with the age gap huh I LIKE IT

the teacher/student one was better but then maybe there will be more of this (???)

Img-20190201-wa0005
joined Sep 21, 2015

The friend looks more like the little sister than the actual sister, mochi just can't get over incest lmao (also this was just creepy hahaha)

Luci%20skyline%20(icon%20200)
joined Feb 28, 2013

Doesn't "6th grade" in Japan refer to "end of middle school"? So that would put her what, about 13-14? I'm thinking sister and friend are somewhere in the 16-18 range by the looks of them, so it's not that huge in terms of age.

There's a weird movement online, where people are arguing that a high school senior is to old to date a high school freshman - junior. That it's akin to statutory rape.

I have to agree, the out of nowhere kiss was the more "wtf Mochi" moment for me. I think if there had been a buildup of the friend catching the MC staring longingly, it would have felt a lot less forced upon.

Seohyuncropped
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 8, 2010

Sixth graders were 10 when I went through, which is probably what made this super creepy for me. #_#

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

6th grade is the final year of elementary school. She's either 11 or 12.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

6th grade is the final year of elementary school. She's either 11 or 12.

Oh, if she's 11 or 12 while they're 16-18 then yeah. Definitely too much.

To reply you must either login or sign up.