Forum › Met My Sister on a Dating Site discussion

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

K3n posted:

The title should be .. "doing shoujo-ai" lol

First off shoujo ai isn't an actual thing. Secondly, maybe the whole "yuri" thing is right in the title and the scanlators just translated that? And finally: Kissing in a romantic sense is doing yuri things. Period. Don't be a pedantic moron.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

K3n posted:

The title is "Met My Sister on a Dating Site: Doing Yuri In A Phone Booth In The Rain "

I only interpreted the title literally and relate it with the manga

What part of "the title is likely a direct translation" is difficult for you to understand. The Japanese title most likely used the literal word "yuri" in it. Because yuri is the Japanese word for romance between girls. Which is what's happening here.

I know the difference between Yuri and Shoujo Ai.

And that makes me a moron? lol.

The part that makes you a pedantic moron is where you're arguing over the title and acting like you know everything when you're proving you don't. The difference between shoujo ai and yuri is that yuri exists while shoujo ai actually doesn't. What you refer to as shoujo ai falls under the actual term for yuri. The actual term "shoujo ai" is actually used in Japan to refer to something like yuri involving lolis or something along those lines. Whereas yuri is used the same exact way I explained it. Yuri is romance between two girls. Sex or a lack thereof is 100% irrelevant to the term.

last edited at Jul 29, 2017 5:52AM

Screenshot_2018-10-31%20dynasty%20reader%20%c2%bb%20fusoroi%20no%20renri%20ch13
joined Jul 1, 2014

WHY ARE WE ARGUING WHEN THERE IS AWESOME INCESTUAL YURI LOVE GOING ON?

c'mon people now
smile on your sister
everybody get together
and try to love one another right now

23519190_1784036034940610_3865802561690641399_n
joined Oct 4, 2016

The part that makes you a pedantic moron is where you're arguing over the title and acting like you know everything when you're proving you don't. The difference between shoujo ai and yuri is that yuri exists while shoujo ai actually doesn't. What you refer to as shoujo ai falls under the actual term for yuri. The actual term "shoujo ai" is actually used in Japan to refer to something like yuri involving lolis or something along those lines. Whereas yuri is used the same exact way I explained it. Yuri is romance between two girls. Sex or a lack thereof is 100% irrelevant to the term.

Needs more "actual"/"actually".

last edited at Jul 29, 2017 8:54AM

6f26d68ee1a36aae713ea761c5e939e5
joined Jul 18, 2017

thank god more mochi
i was dying from the lack of yuri

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Vankomycin posted:

Needs more "actual"/"actually".

I could always go back and add more if that'd help, lol.

Johanliebert
joined Dec 15, 2015

Alice Cheshire aren't you taking all of this a bit too personally ?

Screen%20shot%202022-12-24%20at%201.57.08%20am
joined Jun 11, 2016

Okay, first off, calm the fuck down and quit taking this personally. Calling K3n a moron just make's you look pathetic because you're just resorting to insults at this point. And second off, this is just flat out Bullshit, Shoujo-ai is a term to describe Yuri with Loli's? Where on earth did you get that from? Shoujo-ai is a term to describe female homosexual relationships that mainly focuses on the romantic/loving/emotional side of the relationship (And this is the definition of the term). Yuri is the term to describe the lustful/sexual side of the relationship. It's the same thing with Yaoi, when you think of Yaoi, you think of NSFW doujinshi about homosexual guy's. While shonen-ai is the term to describe the emotional and loving side here (And like I said, here's the definition)

Also, If you're going to throw out a claim be sure to use this magical amazing thing call Proof, It could really save your butt from looking like a "pedantic moron".

last edited at Jul 29, 2017 12:22PM

UranusAndNeptuneAreJustCousins
joined Sep 6, 2015

SF
https://dynasty-scans.com/forum/topics/6606-shoujo-ai-vs-yuri It was slightly before your time.

Long story short, it is a term coined by westerners, and not used in Japan itself under that meaning. Many people here are not fans of it, especially when it is used to supposedly separate 'pureness' from more 'physical' stuff, as some like to use it. Also, as the links to Japanese Wikipedia pages in that thread will show you, they really do use shoujo ai as a synonym for lolicon.

So, good job on your research, and on not taking any of that discussion personally yourself. How about we all calm down now?

last edited at Jul 29, 2017 12:48PM

Screen%20shot%202022-12-24%20at%201.57.08%20am
joined Jun 11, 2016

SF
https://dynasty-scans.com/forum/topics/6606-shoujo-ai-vs-yuri It was slightly before your time.

Long story short, it is a term coined by westerners, and not used in Japan itself under that meaning. Many people here are not fans of it, especially when it is used to supposedly separate 'pureness' from more 'physical' stuff, as some like to use it. Also, as the links to Japanese Wikipedia pages in that thread will show you, they really do use shoujo ai as a synonym for lolicon.

I never claimed that it was a term used in Japan and I'm not denying the fact that Yuri is the more preferred official term. I'm just saying that it's a term that some people have used to describe female Homosexual relationships in manga/anime and you shouldn't insult people who prefer to use it.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Even if they do I don't get how it'd apply here. This is entirely about the physical aspects of the relationship. You can even see them having sex (first page, second panel). So of course this is yuri.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Just popping in to note that Dynasty Reader does not and will not use the term shoujo ai at all, and site staff, in other discussions, made that very clear.. So the whole discussion is utterly pointless.

last edited at Jul 29, 2017 3:41PM

joined Jul 23, 2017

Its just too good cant handle it

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

There's a new extra, .3... SO GUD

Fetish%20notebook%20lsmol
joined May 20, 2013

Oh man those faces. ♥

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Aha! Mochi does an actual punch line page for once.

Also: "Met My Sister on a Dating Site but she actually was me"

Best Mangaka Rohan
25dfc3e30a88f17394a8d2037430b766
joined Dec 13, 2016

Lololololol!

Img_8611
joined Sep 8, 2016

I don't know what drama I missed, but honestly, don't care. This chapter was adorable and hilarious, as expected from Mochi. XD

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Don't give away your secrets, Stan!

joined Jun 23, 2017

Older Sister Side?

Does that mean we will get a Younger Sister Side too?

joined Apr 15, 2013

Stan? Stan. I need the younger sister side. I need it. Stan, please help me. Stan.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

ChaozCloud posted:

Older Sister Side?

Does that mean we will get a Younger Sister Side too?

My guess is that as soon as she thought "If I have this body, then my own body is...!" and ran as fast as she could.

last edited at Jul 31, 2017 12:47AM

Cinnabar-profile
joined Aug 3, 2015

This series right here gives me reason to live

I mean, I had other reasons, but this one is the best.

16_17_59_17131081486_8567b7a60e_b
joined Apr 5, 2017

bUSTED

joined Feb 23, 2016

I just.. Died...

To reply you must either login or sign up.