Forum › Citrus discussion

Copy90_90_zpscf246422
joined Sep 18, 2014

The face Matsuri and Mei makes When Yuzu comes running! (≧∇≦) most precious moment ever~ love this series to much

I think you mean Harumin.

Cs4_cover
joined Jul 13, 2015

Pg 15-16 is just look that Yuzu found her two girlfriend
-Harumin best girl
Naah, she's the character who less yuri give and not very relevant.

joined Jul 26, 2016

Harumin has a pretty fabulous hime cut with her hair down.

joined May 23, 2013

Harumin and Matsuri should get togethet some time. They make a cute couple. Girlfriend? Implies there is some attraction. Been seeing my girls grow for such a long time now.

Rsz_eiji_3_-_kopie
joined Feb 16, 2015

Oh my god, Yuzu is pissing me off so much. Why can't she just respect Mei and her needs, she always goes in at the wrong time it's so frustrating and when Mei is ready she fucking leaves, are you serious? If she's been holding back all day why did she abandon Mei at the best time possible, I don't understand.

joined Aug 22, 2016

Y'know, people give this series hate and I can definitely see its flaws but dammit, I love it to bits.

Really, story wise the only flaw I believe worth noting is a bit of redundancy in the drama, but other wise it is a good series over all. The only part that truly gets me down is how much Mei was hated before, but now that she's acting "cute" people love her. There was that thing "God Damn it Mei" or whatever >_> Mei never really did anything bad and Yuzu, though helping Mei quite a bit, so I found the behavior against her character rather cruel

It was because before Mei was really mean to Yuzu and everyone loves Yuzu. Plus honestly to begin with... Mei really had little character besides being the stoic serious girl. She only had her looks going for her so I think it is a valid complaint. I think her development is getting better now but no I wasn't a fan of her before. It's not to me that shes acting "cute" and I like her now, it's that she's opening up and trying instead of just ignoring Yuzu like before.

Mm, I highly disagree about Mei having little character. Mei was not only held at an exceedingly high standard, but those around her, those she should have been able to trust used her as a dumping ground. It's understandable that she'd hide her true feelings, not know who to trust, and not even knowing how to express her emotions. Mei did try to open up to Yuzu a few times.

1. Hime harasses and attempts to sexually assault Mei. It is implied that Hime has a history of doing this to Mei.
2. The man Mei has been arranged to marry is exploiting her and assaulting her.
3. Her father selfishly abandons her and leaves all of his responsibilities, including the future of a top-tier academy and a families legacy, to her to take care of.
4. Her father remarries and Mei is sent to live with people she barely knows.
5. Her new step-sister, a girl who immediately upends the only control Mei has had over anything in her life, has the hots for her and is aggressive about it.
6. Mei sees Yuzu being friendly with Matsuri and even being kissed by her.

Yuzu has also made her mistakes and has hurt Mei pretty bad, but on neither side were their behaviors malicious. Both messed with each other's feelings and emotions, but it wasn't to hurt the other or to be mean, they simply didn't understand one another. Yuzu realizes this, she realizes her mistakes, and discovers that the core issue between them is that neither truly understood the other nor how they were making the other person feel.

However, up until then readers continuously attacked Mei while Yuzu was lauded as the best girlfriend ever. Most discussions didn't turn to appreciating Mei until she started to show a dere side, not for starting to open up to Yuzu. She tried a few times before that change ever happened. Yuzu admits she simply had never noticed nor understood what Mei was trying to tell her. And they are together now because Yuzu not only realized this, but that she too was confusing the hell out of Mei.

last edited at Jul 16, 2017 9:33PM

Healing-punchiiiii
joined Jan 21, 2016

Some hardcore shipper that Nene. Yuzu Harumaki :))))))

last edited at Jul 18, 2017 8:57AM

Screenshot_20171211-200054~2
joined Oct 11, 2016

"SMACK DAT BOOTY"

joined Aug 22, 2016

Harumin is always fabulous

Oh my god, Yuzu is pissing me off so much. Why can't she just respect Mei and her needs, she always goes in at the wrong time it's so frustrating and when Mei is ready she fucking leaves, are you serious? If she's been holding back all day why did she abandon Mei at the best time possible, I don't understand.

'Cause Yuzu is being Yuzu who often retreats when she gets closer to Mei. She's been doing it all series long and while she can be selfish, she is developing a bit more confidence and consciousness of others. This time the issue was resolved rather quickly so I think it shows Yuzu growing a bit more mature. And what happened at the festival wasn't nearly as bad as what Yuzu did to Mei on Christmas.

As I said in an earlier post, there can be a difficult gap to cross between being facetious with intimacy and then actually doing it. They're making progress little by little.

last edited at Jul 21, 2017 4:10PM

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Apr 19, 2012

Thanks, CT!

Harumin is always fabulous

Best use of the hime cut in recent manga.

joined Feb 23, 2016

Goddammit Mei! Why u tease her so much!

Littleawkward1
74e8265c5f8df739e286deab7c984524
joined Jan 26, 2017

A kiss a day??? UH, YES!!!
Or maybe more than just one kiss a day? Much better ;)

last edited at Jul 22, 2017 12:05AM

Copy90_90_zpscf246422
joined Sep 18, 2014

The Matsuri/Harumin panel for this chapter. Maybe I should start compiling this.
Imgur

last edited at Jul 22, 2017 1:12AM

Miki_closeup
joined Mar 20, 2014

I am sorry to say this, but Mei, you sure SUCK at being a girlfriend.

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

This is just getting better and better. also Mei in pants is unexpectedly superhot :3

Sharkexpert12
2017-06-09-10-36-16-
joined Mar 29, 2017

I am sorry to say this, but Mei, you sure SUCK at being a girlfriend.

She had a very sheltered life and probly never had any real friends. She still needs to learn how to properly interact with people but she is improving so it's obvious she would suck at being anything that includes friend in the name but in the future things may change.

joined May 10, 2015

Why do I feel like everything is going too well and that it's not going to last. D:

Smollmboye
joined Sep 25, 2013

I echo the people who say that this series has decent characterisation but bad actual story. The drama is dumb, but the whole thing shines when it's trying to actually focus on the main two growing and learning from each other.

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

But Mei and Yuzu growing and learning from each other stems from the "dumb" drama?

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

But Mei and Yuzu growing and learning from each other stems from the "dumb" drama?

The reason why it's "dumb drama" is because that drama never felt natural. They always felt like an obvious attempt by the author to give them a reason to interact with each other and it just didn't flow well.

The series has been getting A LOT better and I think part of that is because Saburouta has been improving her storywriting the past couple of years. I reread the whole series and I still think that the Matsuri arc is the worst arc ever because of how stupid it was. It still doesn't really make sense to me and I never was able to understand Matsuri's intention behind the whole thing.

And then that was followed up with the Sara arc, which was not AS bad, but honestly a waste of time. Saburouta really didn't need to immediately introduce MORE new characters just to get Yuzu to spring into action so the drama felt really overdone since we just finished a "stupid drama" arc.

So there were like around 10 really bad chapters that took place over 2 YEARS in real time, so it's not hard to see why it really soured a lot of people's opinion of the series and made a lot of people drop it. We get the reason why those chapters exist in the story, but that doesn't discredit the fact that they were just bad chapters.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

The series has been getting A LOT better and I think part of that is because Saburouta has been improving her storywriting the past couple of years. I reread the whole series and I still think that the Matsuri arc is the worst arc ever because of how stupid it was. It still doesn't really make sense to me and I never was able to understand Matsuri's intention behind the whole thing.

thats just because the tryhard attempt at drama has stopped. it SEEMS like writing has improved, because there just isn't any drama to judge at the moment.

KatzeDerNacht
08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

Hmm... I don't feel much progress, but I'll take what is being given.
Go YuzuMei!!

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

The reason why it's "dumb drama" is because that drama never felt natural. They always felt like an obvious attempt by the author to give them a reason to interact with each other and it just didn't flow well.

That is the whole point. Mei is so emotionally stunted that she doesn't understand her own feelings (and even less someone else's) unless she's explicitly told what is happening.

Matsuri is an immature child that didn't accepted Yuzu had moved on and find a new life outside her, while at the same time, she helps to shed light on Yuzu's past. Is pretty straightforward.

And then that was followed up with the Sara arc, which was not AS bad, but honestly a waste of time. Saburouta really didn't need to immediately introduce MORE new characters just to get Yuzu to spring into action so the drama felt really overdone since we just finished a "stupid drama" arc.

The sisters were introduced as a foil for Yuzu and Mei and they weren't meant to make Yuzu spring into action but Mei.

So there were like around 10 really bad chapters that took place over 2 YEARS in real time, so it's not hard to see why it really soured a lot of people's opinion of the series and made a lot of people drop it. We get the reason why those chapters exist in the story, but that doesn't discredit the fact that they were just bad chapters.

Put the blame on Yuri Hime being bimonthly then.

joined Jun 3, 2014

I can't help but notice that Harumin's outfit looks like it's from the 1970s on the black side of town. I love it.

last edited at Jul 30, 2017 7:01PM

Girl%20with%20a%20black%20cat%20avatar
joined Dec 27, 2015

^
......... Ummm, it's a fashionable outfit period. It's comes out of 70s and 80s pop fashion with a bit of Harumin twist,(hat and shoes).

Is this the same Mei that threw Yuzu on a bed and offered up sex? Because this Mei is soooooooo shy about physical contact.

Or, I'm thinking Mei is shy about physical contact with Yuzu because her self control will break down really quick, like at the fireworks when she said it's not enough. She also has shown signs of breaking down and losing it when they have kissed. Like Mei just might end up attacking Yuzu if the mood was right, ..............maybe.

To reply you must either login or sign up.