Forum › Someday, We’ll Get There discussion

2641afdd-9dc4-4327-a1c3-a5b558c33522
joined Mar 12, 2014

how.... how would you see a video game cat character and think "huh his movements look familiar" like im pretty sure my dad doesnt have that much of a distinctive style

ZRZZRT has a tea shop with a butler SURE WHY NOT

gamer girl is a psycho stalker wait i knew that already

"do you want to win?"
im kind of feeling the answer is "...i guess????" girl still is pretty blase about it all. maybe video games arent her thing, just a thought

I'm pretty sure runners enjoy running. I know I enjoy video games. I wouldnt play them otherwise hahaha

Charon-sml
joined Feb 14, 2016

IIRC You win the round if you end your opponent using the seppuku move in newer games.

Hard to link to on my phone right now but do check out a Tekken tool-assisted speed run or two. Obviously not representative of real play but always amusing for this reason.

Copy90_90_zpscf246422
joined Sep 18, 2014

IIRC You win the round if you end your opponent using the seppuku move in newer games.

Hard to link to on my phone right now but do check out a Tekken tool-assisted speed run or two. Obviously not representative of real play but always amusing for this reason.

I found one instance of it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mubSVuJmC4Y

Rx_5_50
joined May 3, 2016

I'm lowkey bored with this story...

Also, how is this Yuri, but not "She Gets Girls Everyday"?

joined Aug 10, 2016

ZTT seems pretty Mary-Sue, that has natural talent so she can just say "It only matters if you have fun" from her ivory tower. MC is extremely naive to the point of almost being an idiot with just revealing her character she'll be using. Other girl is extremely try hard. Lets see how far it'll go.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

TopKoak posted:

ZTT ... has natural talent so she can just say "It only matters if you have fun" from her ivory tower.

I uh... I'm pretty sure the entire point of video games is to have fun playing them??

Your_hair_has_gotten_longer_by_folksneedheroes-d5l5v69
joined Apr 23, 2015

Ah. This continues to amuse despite its problems. This lead seems down right typical. I guess there is a good chance there is no yuri. ZTT isn't interesting so far. Kind of bugs me honestly. The other gal doesn't bother me as much but I tend to favor more expressive/troubled character types. Can see how some wouldn't like her much either.

Shoot. That didn't come out very positively, did it?

Dad doing the mo-cap for the game was kinda cool at least!

last edited at Jul 21, 2017 7:37PM

joined Jun 12, 2015

I guess having only female (main) characters is enough to be published in Yuri Hime theses days.

Remember: yuri is not a "romantic relationship between girls." It's a "special relationship between girls." Where special means: friends, sisters, family, lovers, lesbians.

Animeyuridanshismall
joined Apr 25, 2014

how.... how would you see a video game cat character and think "huh his movements look familiar" like im pretty sure my dad doesnt have that much of a distinctive style

he probably just has some quirks that are easily recognizable to people familiar with him. people have told me that they can instantly spot me in a crowd based on how i walk, so her recognizing her dad's movements make sense to me.

Untitled%20(1)
joined Aug 24, 2016

I guess having only female (main) characters is enough to be published in Yuri Hime theses days.

Remember: yuri is not a "romantic relationship between girls." It's a "special relationship between girls." Where special means: friends, sisters, family, lovers, lesbians.

well i came for lovers

last edited at Sep 6, 2017 12:00PM

joined Jun 28, 2017

This is cute and funny. I' m not interested in fighting games at all, but the way it's written makes it entertaining. And i like how the characters are written. Hopefully there'll be a chapter five soon.
With the way the girls are drawn i honestly hope this wont become more Yuri later on.
I like this just the way it is. Light entertainment.

RandomGuyReading
Q-street-fighter-iii-3rd-strike-portrait-art
joined Jun 16, 2015

Lel, this series accidentally makes fighting games look terrible and people who play them insane. Which isn't that far off from the truth.
Also still no signs of any meaningful yuri.

I have you know that I am a normal human in good mental health who just happens to play Touhou Hisoutensoku 25 hours a day.

Copy90_90_zpscf246422
joined Sep 18, 2014

I have you know that I am a normal human in good mental health who just happens to play Touhou Hisoutensoku 25 hours a day.

Playing Hisoutensoku
Not bitching about IaMP or HM/ULiL

I found a kindred spirit on the forum!

last edited at Aug 9, 2017 3:25AM

Heihtzz
joined Oct 16, 2016

kindred spirit on the forum

The lesser-known sequel to Kindred Spirits on the Roof.

joined Sep 11, 2014

Gayest chapter so far, and even then not as gay as some subtext mangas.

themusicman500
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

Having a coach who's also a friend is really hard, and it can easily be a strain on both aspects of the relationship. On the one hand, you may not want to be friends with someone who constantly criticizes you, and on the other, accepting criticism from someone you consider a peer is pretty painful. Shijou to her credit struck a better balance this chapter of positivity and urgency.

Untitled%20(1)
joined Aug 24, 2016

do i detect a hint of yuri progress

Gyerin200
joined Sep 6, 2011

do i detect a hint of yuri progress

No, it's diarrhea.

joined May 10, 2015

I'm glad I know enough tekken to get by on this no problem.

I hope we get a return to Korean backdash at some point.

Breakdanceanomicon
joined Jun 13, 2015

Real talk, how well is this series doing in Japan? Like I get that vidya is huge over there, but fighting games + yuri seems like such a small niche. I can't understand how this exposition dump series with a generic art style could possibly be the hottest thing in YH...

Nep
joined Apr 28, 2016

shit manga 1/10

Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

shit manga 1/10

Scintillating analysis as always, chief.

last edited at Aug 25, 2017 12:02AM

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

themusicman500 posted:

I really wonder if bachou will ever make anything remotely resembling a constructive post. Or even actually take part in discussions. Every single post they make seems to just be a hit and run post and usually a borderline shitpost.

Gay%20cum
joined Jul 16, 2013

cat tekken lol

2017-06-09-10-36-16-
joined Mar 29, 2017

themusicman500 posted:

I really wonder if bachou will ever make anything remotely resembling a constructive post. Or even actually take part in discussions. Every single post they make seems to just be a hit and run post and usually a borderline shitpost.

Probly just wants the attention. Probly didn't even read it seeing as how there's no context just this is bad.

To reply you must either login or sign up.