Forum › Model-chan and Plain Manager discussion

joined Feb 18, 2015

"Plain" manager my ass... manager is a 8/10 while Yuria is a 9/10. I call that a close game people. Almost like Warriors vs Cavaliers...

It's kinda implied that Manager is kind of....slightly butch? I could see that being termed plain by a lot of people. Especially by men.

My question at that point becomes "why is the title written from a man's perspective?!"

You could also interpret it as a personality trait having a plain personality type meaning generally serious and not being crazy. And I would assume lesbians see other women thru the eyes of a man to a degree like gay men see a hot guy with the eyes of a woman(half my family is gay and it's very weird going to the beach with a reunion)

I've usually found that straight men and sapphic women have markedly different perspectives when it comes to what they find attractive in a woman.

I'm going to have to agree with Majere. I've actually read some very interesting discussions on how if a girl views (from actions/words/comments, obviously can't get in their head) other girls the same way men do, she's probably faking her attraction to turn guys on because it is so markedly different from how women with genuine attraction to other women behave.

I dont know? Different people behave differently.

Or perhaps it is how she perceives herself? It is clear that she doesn't see herself as being similarly attractive to Model-chan from the way the story is written...

joined Jul 26, 2016

Sooo... Manager-chan seems to be a bit denser than tungsten.

Or she's in willful denial in an effort to retain some shreds of professional ethics and distance ʅ ( • ε • ) ʃ

Someone finally created the aesthetic I want in yuri.

2641afdd-9dc4-4327-a1c3-a5b558c33522
joined Mar 12, 2014

These two are adorable omg

I also agree that I think the manager is more attractive hahaha

Sharkexpert12
2017-06-09-10-36-16-
joined Mar 29, 2017

Sooo... Manager-chan seems to be a bit denser than tungsten.

Also, I wish this had more of a continuous story, rather than random snippets.

No she's probly fully aware she just either has little care or chooses to ignore it.

Fb_img_1557642301687
joined Aug 12, 2013

Okabe likes Yuria, but has to maintain professionalism when she can. But I think even with the inklings they give us, there's definitely something there. Like when Okabe is trying to get a little naughty and Okabe says, "There is still work to do! / There is a time and place! / I'll reward you later (paraphrasing last line.)"

I'd love for this to be a full series, starting from when Okabe and Yuria first meet.

Also, by "plain" they are referring to her boring clothes and attitudes about professionalism. She's clearly super cute. I love these two together.

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Apr 19, 2012

Someone finally created the aesthetic I want in yuri.

I absolutely adore the art.

taiyou_scandalous
Imgonline-com-ua-compresstosize-t7xta6axzfsg
joined Jul 20, 2014

kinda random, but kana-boon's actually a good band lol (not as good as ajikan imo, but they're good.)

joined Jul 26, 2016

Poor Okabe's gonna get ulcers at this rate lmao
but it's okay Yuria will nurse her back to health

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

I'd love for this to be a full series, starting from when Okabe and Yuria first meet.

So they could put a lot of unnecessary drama, love triangles, maybe threatening with het? A comedy series could work. But most authors usually lose track of what they want to do when making a more serious story.

20220118_232511_50
joined Jun 3, 2015

So they could put a lot of unnecessary drama, love triangles, maybe threatening with het? A comedy series could work. But most authors usually lose track of what they want to do when making a more serious story.

Love triangles, drama, het? Are we really going to be this traumatized forever, c'mon guys the yuri landscape is not -that- bad.

Besides We've already got 3 successful series set around Idol management on the site (if you count Strawberry Shake) and while they do have some drama none have love triangles or any significant amounts of het. IIRC Aqua Blue Cinema has some ex stuff, but I wouldn't call that a love triangle. (3rd one is Twin Cake)

Anyway, I'd be down for a full series of this. I feel like it's got some great Their Story potential, which also started off fragmented and art heavy. The biggest problem I can see is that this would likely end up going through a publisher, which means it would probably get a more rigid structure and pacing. If only japan was big on self published web comics and patreon.

Tmp_11996-nanofate-3-11937795520
joined Dec 6, 2013

Gosh~ they're just so effing gorgeous. XD

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

Love triangles, drama, het? Are we really going to be this traumatized forever, c'mon guys the yuri landscape is not -that- bad.

The problem is when an author try to change the genre they started. This is already a series. Maybe this one will be on Yuri Hime Pixiv, since the name of the author was on the list, so it has even the chance of getting a tank in the future. Some flashback of their past would be nice, but I don't think it should change the format more than that.

joined Feb 23, 2016

this is too goooooooooooooood >v<

last edited at Jul 11, 2017 2:55PM

Femshep%20x%20liara%20avatar
joined Dec 8, 2013

this is way too cute i need a moment >~<

also "plain". Right. Okay. :P

last edited at Jul 11, 2017 2:58PM

Img_20191208_235120
joined Nov 14, 2015

This can stay as a funny story, Yuria-san is absolutely loveable and I hope for far more chapters <3

Edb[1]
joined Jan 11, 2017

They're just made for each other for God's sake ! Loved it~

23519190_1784036034940610_3865802561690641399_n
joined Oct 4, 2016

Haven't read the latest installment yet beyond seeing that first image of them hugging.

But that first image of them hugging. Goddamn. So nice, so powerful, so moving.

Img_8611
joined Sep 8, 2016

Geez, I can't get enough of these two.

joined Mar 15, 2017

The problem is when an author try to change the genre they started. This is already a series. Maybe this one will be on Yuri Hime Pixiv, since the name of the author was on the list, so it has even the chance of getting a tank in the future. Some flashback of their past would be nice, but I don't think it should change the format more than that.

It's practically confirmed there will be a web manga based on the characters, but it sounds like it will start fresh.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I'd like more indication that manager-san likes her back though. Most of her thoughts revolve around their working relationship, rather than romantic feelings. Even if it's something inside her head, I'd like something a bit more concrete.

Kendou1
joined Jun 1, 2017

Geez, I can't get enough of these two.

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

It's practically confirmed there will be a web manga based on the characters, but it sounds like it will start fresh.

Well, there's a pixiv series getting a tank by YH this month, but it's pretty much the same story as the pixiv one.
Although it has a more common format. It would at least be hard to put those small single pages on a tank.

last edited at Jul 11, 2017 4:08PM

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/model_chan_and_plain_manager_ch05#4

I somehow managed to read this as "did you have the flu today?" and was really confused for way longer than I should have been when Yuria said "yeah, it was fun", lol.

themusicman500
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

I'd like more indication that manager-san likes her back though. Most of her thoughts revolve around their working relationship, rather than romantic feelings. Even if it's something inside her head, I'd like something a bit more concrete.

I think several images, like the passionate hug on page 1, confirm that the manager likes her back, but then a large portion of the other scenarios call that into question. Maybe there's some sort of chronology at work and the the ones where manager-san reciprocates come later? But then there's also model lady consistently acting like they're already a couple? It's plain unclear.

To reply you must either login or sign up.