Forum › Ayakashiko discussion

CitizenJoestar
joined Jan 28, 2016

Author gets brownie points for actually writing a genetically plausible family tree for the blonde halfie. o3ob

Same. I was impressed a mangaka finally went out of there way to do that. So many quarter/half insert western nation characters with supposedly pure blonde hair and or blue eyes. It just doesn't work that way.

I've seen enough (Eastern, SouthEastern, some of the Pacific Islands)Asian-Caucasian mixed kids to know if they are 50/50, the most you're gonna get in terms of unique hair/eye colors is this sort of dark-pale brown hair color and sort of glossy brown eye color. That being said facial features can vary significantly, and some can easily be mistaken for either race depending on how they look. Look up Brazilian-Japanese girls and you'll see what I mean.

Dominant hair, skin, and eye colors start getting offset by recessive colors when they are around a quarter of the person's heritage(Iook up Punnet squares) . I've seen people who are 25% Asian and even black look completely white(blonde hair and all), assuming the other 75% of them is Caucasian. So it is actually possible for someone be a Japanese blondie like Emi given her genetic background.

Of course, I know all the crazy hair/eye colors is part of what makes anime/manga fun and not all mangakas took Bio 101 class so really who gives a shit. It's just this "I'm half-white so I have blonde hair" nonsense is so prevalent that I feel like a lot of people will gravely misunderstand how hair/eye colors are passed.

last edited at Jun 18, 2017 2:06AM

Kitsune Inari
joined Jul 20, 2011

Look up Brazilian-Japanese girls and you'll see what I mean.

That particular one totally makes a lot of sense, IIRC precolumbine American peoples descend from East Asia.

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

those twin are so cute, hope they'll come back again !

Also, they looks pretty similar to the twins in haru&riko, guess the author kept their overall design. XD

Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

Someone better wake up on top of mahoro, be it emi or nene... I love sleepy cuddle scenes

Nene would make more sense to me, at least for the "you're still just like a cat" joke.

joined Jul 26, 2016

Kuuko has no credibility whatsoever.

...is it just me or does she tend to act kind of maternal in regards to Mahoro at times though?

DealerYakuman
joined Feb 20, 2016

This release speed is unreal. Huge thanks to the scanlator team.

joined Jul 26, 2016

That particular one totally makes a lot of sense, IIRC precolumbine American peoples descend from East Asia.

They're also a tiny minority of the demographics - something like under 1% in Brazil for example, on a quick skim of le Wiki. Anyway, going by a few Nordic-East Asian mixes I've seen firsthand (at least one of whom was nigh certainly half Japanese, given she was a small child on a direct Helsinki-Osaka flight) the default basically just amounts to lighter shade of yellow/gold skin and less pronounced epicanthic folds than "pure" Asiatics, with hair ranging from black to dark brown.
ʅ ( • ε • ) ʃ
Le handwaves to excuse an "exotic" character design.

As far as relevant real genetics go recessive gene is recessive. Both parents need to carry it and thereafter it's just good old genetic lottery - case in point one of my cousins is a full-on classic blue-eyed blonde while literally everyone else in the entire family, including her older brother, is dark-haired.

last edited at Jun 23, 2017 3:00AM

Senjougahara_sama
Rowow
joined Jun 12, 2017

Needs more catgirl.

Girl%20with%20a%20black%20cat%20avatar
joined Dec 27, 2015

I love the occasional origin chapter throw in. I would love to see all of the back stories of the ayakashi. Especially Kuuko's.

last edited at Jun 26, 2017 6:14AM

Fetish%20notebook%20lsmol
joined May 20, 2013

Oof, critical hit right to the feels.

Healing-punchiiiii
joined Jan 21, 2016

I really dig Kuuko x Yukime. Idk.

joined May 21, 2015

I really dig Kuuko x Yukime. Idk.

Same here :3

It looks like Kuuko and Yukime were traveling together before they met Kii. I would like to see how they first met and started looking for a place/base/home together.

joined Jun 3, 2014

Mahoro's grandmother is so cute

last edited at Jun 26, 2017 7:51PM

joined Sep 9, 2016

I find it funny how a spirit such as Kuuko, who is likely not ever going to be able to perform human-like work (with any discernible benefit) or need a human education, could ever be called a NEET.

Sharkexpert12
2017-06-09-10-36-16-
joined Mar 29, 2017

I find it funny how a spirit such as Kuuko, who is likely not ever going to be able to perform human-like work (with any discernible benefit) or need a human education, could ever be called a NEET.

Well it's true if you go down the exact meaning but that's when the well she's dead argument pops up and ya she's dead.

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

Glad to see the twin godesses coming to visit, they're just too cute. <3

joined Jul 26, 2016

They have some Underpants Gnome levels of Missing Steps Plan going tho...
1) invade NEET Kitsune's house
2) ???
3) FLAWLESS VICTORY
...what could POSSIBLY go wrong?

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

Hello!
Ayakashiko will continue sometime soon. The scanlator is neither hurt nor dead, but their house was struck by lightning. Which took out the electronics.
Please wait warmly for future ayakashi fuzzies,
Altair

joined Jul 13, 2017

Ah yes, reverse head-pats...

Sorry to hear about the equipment getting fried from the storm. You guys are doing excellent work but you don't have to rush to get all the stuff together. Take your time.

Shamimomo%20hug
joined Jan 23, 2016

Mahoro's such a mom.

Pout2
joined Mar 7, 2017

This is gettin pretty gay guys

I'm liking this even more

When can we add the Yuri tag

WHEN DO THEY FUCK

last edited at Jul 20, 2017 2:33PM

Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

WHEN DO THEY FUCK

Who says they haven't?

joined Oct 18, 2014

They should remove this manga from Dynasty scans, This doesn't even have a slight Yuri motivation its a waste of space

Ozy_avatar
joined Jan 30, 2013

This is a yuri-oriented reader, not a yuri-only reader.

And a lot of regulars enjoy that.

Not to mention that this manga is very shipable...

last edited at Jul 20, 2017 4:55PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.