Forum › The Useless Senpai and The Talented Kouhai discussion

Should a smell tag be added?

Untitled-1
joined Nov 14, 2016

Gotta love more sweet Mochi.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

It was not great, it was not cute, honestly it made me a bit angry. However that is purely my personal take on it, and you are free to enjoy it with the majority here without aiming snark at me for voicing a dissenting opinion.

When expressing your opinion it helps to say - 'I think' or 'In my opinion' etc instead of sounding like you are stating it as objective fact - That was mostly my issue. Of-course you are free to dislike it.

I don't see how they are not cute together though - and 'it's not great' also tells us nothing of why you think so - what about it was worse than their other stories?

And I would think most people were a bit angry - at the bulling. But it's not like the main characters were the bullies - the story wasn't promoting bullying or anything.

last edited at Jun 21, 2017 7:17PM

Jeezzz%202
joined Jan 11, 2017

how to evolve a relationship in 5 minutes by mochi.

joined Nov 27, 2016

and the Mochiverse extends! \ (@_@)/

last edited at Jun 21, 2017 7:30PM

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

It was not great, it was not cute, honestly it made me a bit angry. However that is purely my personal take on it, and you are free to enjoy it with the majority here without aiming snark at me for voicing a dissenting opinion.

When expressing your opinion it helps to say - 'I think' or 'In my opinion' etc instead of sounding like you are stating it as objective fact - That was mostly my issue. Of-course you are free to dislike it.

I don't see how they are not cute together though - and 'it's not great' also tells us nothing of why you think so - what about it was worse than their other stories?

And I would think most people were a bit angry - at the bulling. But it's not like the main characters were the bullies - the story wasn't promoting bullying or anything.

Oh good grief, whose opinions do you think I am stating here if not my own? Ridiculous that IMO IMO IMO is expected at the end every time. We are talking about our enjoyment of a silly yuri manga story here, how do objective facts even begin to come into play?

It also strikes me that you do not care why other people simply say "soooo cuuuute" or "mah diabeetus", I guess you only need reasons for opinions when they are not similar to yours.

Putting all that aside... I did not find kouhai's actions cute at all and quite frankly senpai being such a doormat taking all that verbal abuse is not cute either. But of course she falls all over the cool girl anyway because reasons. Kouhai was more abusive than anything, using the power dynamics in the club. Hugs at the end were too late for me to get into the pairing at that point. I suppose in summary it just lacked that bit of fun Mochi's works usually have. IN MY OPINION of course.

Best Mangaka Rohan
25dfc3e30a88f17394a8d2037430b766
joined Dec 13, 2016

if you quit, I'll give you a beating

That's right, Mochi. Don't you dare ever give up on drawing yuri?!!!

Cuz you are the most bestest of bestest!!

last edited at Jun 21, 2017 9:44PM

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

Clearly confidence is a huge issue. but even having kouhai "sort of" on her side won't magically transform her. In a lot of American media it would.

Untitled102_20231004232707
joined Mar 26, 2014

Awwwwwwwwww that was Freakin cute ... Must have more (^ω^)b

Tumblr_inline_nmpg2zqwcs1s53ljo_100
joined Apr 4, 2014

soooooo cuuuuuute. mah diabeetus ;)

In all seriousness it was a whirlwind of emotions but that's what made it sweet and memorable.
@Skyrin how exactly is the kohai using power dynamics in this relationship? She genuinely likes her senpai and wants her senpai to not only like her back but depend on her to help her out a bit because she needs the help lmao she stated that no one was willing to teach her anything She is being VERY straightforward about her situation in order to change her from being a doormat not exerting any pressure on her either.

joined Apr 7, 2017

Make a sepuel

joined Mar 8, 2016

Meh, I'm on the "dud train" with this one too. For as long as it is, so very little happens, especially compared to the usual Mochi stories. I don't think the length added anything to some pretty one-dimensional characters. She rolled out all the tired old tropes here - the "should two girls be doing this," the "what are these feels?, " the "I'm ok if you'll have me," etc. And the yuri at the end is kinda perfunctory and robotic. It's not clear at all why the kouhai should be attracted to the senpai, since as far as we can tell her only redeeming quality is that she shows up to practice.

All that aside, even if she can't stand up for herself face to face, since it's the first years' responsibility to clean up can't she just drop the mop, walk out, and let them take the heat? And more than that, isn't Tsukioka a first year, so shouldn't she have had to clean up anyway and is not exactly doing a special favor by helping?

Itzameapotterhead
Img_pzb2xa
joined Jul 4, 2016

Yey, the bullies group~
Kana best character, needs a story of her own~

Edit: Also, I just went to check "Pranking the Pranker", same as here, Kana is the only one not sporting an amused-and-or-smiling expression when the three of them bully someone, could it be she is only there to grab potential yuri scenes, and does not partake in the actual badmouthing of other people?

Idk about grabbing yuri scenes, but I do definitely believe she's not into the bullying. Maybe she has an actual serious reason, for good or bad, to hang around with them.

I remember in third grade my friends were bullying this girl and I just went with it for no reason at all

1916028_1073061359394379_8287547252845901979_n
joined May 1, 2017

I want more kana lel

joined Feb 8, 2016

Mochi Au lait has got to be the yuri trend of the month. Each work put out is great.

last edited at Jun 22, 2017 3:36AM

Alextasha Uploader
Crystal3
Three Musqueerteers
joined Sep 25, 2013

I think bullying tag should be here too. It is kinda important :P after all there will be the Hero to protect MC from them

Fetish%20notebook%20lsmol
joined May 20, 2013

I actually missed Kana being Kana this time. Mainly because of her more muted expression this time around.

joined Sep 23, 2016

just for a moment everything is alright with the world

Stan Miller Staff
Muppo%20and%20northern%20ocean%20hime%20(kantai%20collection%20and%20moomin)%20drawn%20by%20sazanami%20konami%20-%20f1a1a8ae888c4eff5aac0862c561be11
Cyan Steam (Stan Miller)
joined May 25, 2017

Meh, I'm on the "dud train" with this one too. For as long as it is, so very little happens, especially compared to the usual Mochi stories. I don't think the length added anything to some pretty one-dimensional characters. She rolled out all the tired old tropes here - the "should two girls be doing this," the "what are these feels?, " the "I'm ok if you'll have me," etc. And the yuri at the end is kinda perfunctory and robotic. It's not clear at all why the kouhai should be attracted to the senpai, since as far as we can tell her only redeeming quality is that she shows up to practice.

All that aside, even if she can't stand up for herself face to face, since it's the first years' responsibility to clean up can't she just drop the mop, walk out, and let them take the heat? And more than that, isn't Tsukioka a first year, so shouldn't she have had to clean up anyway and is not exactly doing a special favor by helping?

This was my thought too when I was translating it, almost gave up half way because I hated Tsukioka's forceful character so much, but decided to finish it anyway because my friend wanted to read it.

The%20witch's%20house
joined Apr 9, 2015

whew for a moment there i thought they were gonna lock her in the storage room like in every other shoujo manga

Kinchan%20drawing%20maru%20%20dfhgsdhfsdhgsdf%20i%20lov%20e
joined Dec 21, 2015

So much cute blushing aaHhh

Afueee
joined Apr 5, 2013

I can imagine Kana in the street having a shock and thinking... "I'm missing something great somewhere!"

I would like to see a work showing us more about her. Why she's with the bullies. And about her finding yuri in the most unsuspecting places. Kana's bizarre yurilicious adventures.

Regarding the useless senpai... I can empathize with her.
And I like how the kouhai took the initiative... because if she had to wait for the senpai to do something, she will die waiting.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

appbeza posted:

This community better not fracture too much, aye?

MOCCHI AU LAIT
civil wars

last edited at Jun 22, 2017 12:04PM

joined Mar 11, 2016

That was good~

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

morter posted:

I actually missed Kana being Kana this time. Mainly because of her more muted expression this time around.

She also didn't get a chance to fangirl over seeing yuri this time around.

To reply you must either login or sign up.