Forum › Let's Die Together! discussion

Sulk
joined Jul 19, 2015

The strangling part was really cute. I want more.

joined Jan 8, 2014

Very cute! I feel like a pervert tho >.<

Heihtzz
joined Oct 16, 2016

The strangling part was really cute.

An unlikely sentence.

Homumug
joined Jan 13, 2015

These two are the kind of people who would actually probably end up killing each other with some kinky shit.

Best Mangaka Rohan
25dfc3e30a88f17394a8d2037430b766
joined Dec 13, 2016

That......

Capture1%20edited1
joined Jul 10, 2016

I really enjoyed this author's 'Just the Two of Us' but its sequels and this story focuses heavily on deaths and suicides. I hope the author is doing okay.

1505077_778893952199317_3085469460131247490_n
joined Jul 2, 2016

Don't tell me that no one else have asked their friends to try strangling them. Erotic asphyxiation is pretty common. I mean as long as you don't compress the carotid arteries at the sides too much it should be fine. I've heard that a common technique in kubishime involves the upwards pushing and tightening of said arteries to grant swift death.

Animeyuridanshismall
joined Apr 25, 2014

I really enjoyed this author's 'Just the Two of Us' but its sequels and this story focuses heavily on deaths and suicides. I hope the author is doing okay.

eh, i always just assumed that pukuichi likes girls that could use the help. like its said in puku yuri: "I loved bullied animals."

last edited at Jun 15, 2017 10:41PM

Image62
joined Feb 28, 2015

I'm more disappointed since they already kinda did the "I'm afraid of one of us dying" thing. So this was basically just a longer version.

Exactly and with more kiss

Screen%20shot%202022-12-24%20at%201.57.08%20am
joined Jun 11, 2016

last edited at Jun 15, 2017 11:32PM

Sylveon%20x%20glaceon%202
joined Mar 11, 2014

I didn't read it, and I'm not planning to, so I can't really say for sure whether they're appropriate, but with words like "cry for help" and "what the hell" and "terrible" thrown around in the comments above me, it sounds like the story needs some sort of tag besides "School girl" and "Yuri."

Those were exageratted comments. There wasn't much in this doujin beside "I'm afraid one of us will die someday". They just love each other so much that they don't want to think about the other disappearing, what is pretty normal.
The strangling part was weird, but the character herself said it so, and it wasn't really violent, so whatever.
Pretty much just cute yuri as always.

Fair enough. It still seems that there could be a tag for low-level weird stuff, since the initial reactions here did all seem to be a little concerned about it, but I guess the discussion here does an alright job of warning those who wouldn't be interested away.

Cryssoberyl Uploader
Booklet1-high-pink-experiment
Zefiberyl Translations
joined Apr 11, 2011

Very much in the classic vein of Mountain Pukuichi: cute, fluffy yuri with a preoccupation on mortality and the inevitability of death. There is nothing "edgy" or dramatic about that, it's something every human must wrestle with at times, and MP is one of my favorite authors for competently mixing those elements into enjoyable stories.

Thank you very much, /u/ scanlations.

Img-20190201-wa0005
joined Sep 21, 2015

Just when I thought that this was gonna be normal https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/lets_die_together#10

Itzameapotterhead
Img_pzb2xa
joined Jul 4, 2016

Same, literally when I'm about to sleep I think of death so I end up getting my phone to distract myself and sleep at like, 5 AM

24-1
joined Sep 21, 2011

Dude where is the what the fuck am i reading tag?! what is all this stuff about dying and strangling? very creepy didnt like it at all.

It also needs a depressing as fuck tag...

Fennec
joined May 28, 2012

Reminds me of some children(?) story that I can't remember the name.It's about your life only have 3 paths which consist of
1.You die first
2.You die together
3.You die later

last edited at Jun 16, 2017 2:30AM

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

Very much in the classic vein of Mountain Pukuichi: cute, fluffy yuri with a preoccupation on mortality and the inevitability of death. There is nothing "edgy" or dramatic about that, it's something every human must wrestle with at times, and MP is one of my favorite authors for competently mixing those elements into enjoyable stories.

Thank you very much, /u/ scanlations.

I for one was pretty morbid when I was young . . . it's the time for it, when all the disturbing ideas seem fresh and new and you take everything real serious-like.

Charon-sml
joined Feb 14, 2016

Didn't the original ending of that Lucky Star story get her death threats? Man, life is fucked up

Your_hair_has_gotten_longer_by_folksneedheroes-d5l5v69
joined Apr 23, 2015

seemed alright to me. As long as the strangling thing is safe and consensual I don't see the problem with the subject matter covered.

If I had to say anything else it's that this art style really veers into that level of cutesy that I'll never care for.

last edited at Jun 16, 2017 3:53AM

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

I read Nana Yuri a while ago which was before this chapter was released, and just reading this now has surprised me since the chapters before have been all cutesy, and this one is taking a dark turn

My impression is that the author is calling back on older class S yuri, where the idea of double suicide as an act of love is more common (see Oniisama e). It just feels particularly odd because of how it clashes with the otherwise cute tone and artstyle.

If this author is crying out for help, I'm sure changing artstyle isn't easy for anyone

Lainchan
joined Feb 3, 2016

There is literally nothing weird or depressing about this? It's a pretty cute story. If the thought of your loved one dying doesn't scare you or making you feel bad then I think you're the one with a problem...

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Felloffalot posted:

An unlikely sentence.

Not that unlikely depending on where you frequent. Though it is unlikely on Dynasty in particular.

joined Sep 25, 2015

Are suicidal thoughts supposed to be uncommon? I thought more people think about it than not.

They're pretty common. Most people have it as a passing thought. I keep thinking about suicide in High School for some reason, probably because being an emo was a trend at that time. Worst phase in my life, still makes me cringe to this day.
Currenty, I think about suicide a lot because medical school is so expensive and stressful, it's not that my family can't afford it but because I don't like spending money.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I keep hearing this whole "the story is taking a dark turn", did everyone forget these pages in the very first story? It's not like this is a new element or anything.

Heihtzz
joined Oct 16, 2016

Not that unlikely depending on where you frequent. Though it is unlikely on Dynasty in particular.

Maybe I'm just too pure and untouched by the dark corners of the internet.

To reply you must either login or sign up.