Forum › Let's Die Together! discussion

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Welp, doesn't need to tl this one then.

Breakdanceanomicon
joined Jun 13, 2015

Is this person okay? This series is like a cry for help. It's clear they're writing from personal experience with depression. Wish they translated the author's note because I really want to know more about this person.

Also getting thread ninja'd is even worse than post ninja'd since it eats your comment, apparently.

Img_4550
joined May 25, 2017

The strangling part was a bit too much. Too scary ( would that be the right word? ), for the cute style.

joined Jun 30, 2016

Dude where is the what the fuck am i reading tag?! what is all this stuff about dying and strangling? very creepy didnt like it at all.

Omochikaeri_thumb
joined Nov 2, 2013

so many red flags in this one. it was terrible.

joined Feb 23, 2016

What the hell Happend for the artist to go this dark ...

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Mimiyaah posted:

What the hell Happend for the artist to go this dark ...

They were writing this (maybe)

Untitled%20(1)
joined Aug 24, 2016

..........OOOoookkkaaayy

Breakdanceanomicon
joined Jun 13, 2015

They're still active on Twitter as of today, so they're clearly still alive, but they've definitely been in a bad place for sometime from their first fanart of depressed Lucky Star to 2015 with all these creepy cute yet suicidal stories.

joined May 19, 2016

Harmless antics. Overly cheesy at worst, which is what this series specializes in. And that's right up my alley.

Sylveon%20x%20glaceon%202
joined Mar 11, 2014

With a title like that, I was suspicious of the lack of "Depressing" or "Aaaaangst" or "What the fuck am I reading?" tags and came here to the comments before I read. Glad I did, because I can avoid it like the plague. Plenty of depressing stories are well-written, but I really just want to read cute, sweet love stories. Someone get the proper tags on this, and fast.

joined Apr 27, 2017

Are suicidal thoughts supposed to be uncommon? I thought more people think about it than not.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Kawasa posted:

Someone get the proper tags on this, and fast.

You can do it using suggesting tag option 8D

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I'm more disappointed since they already kinda did the "I'm afraid of one of us dying" thing. So this was basically just a longer version.

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

With a title like that, I was suspicious of the lack of "Depressing" or "Aaaaangst" or "What the fuck am I reading?" tags and came here to the comments before I read. Glad I did, because I can avoid it like the plague. Plenty of depressing stories are well-written, but I really just want to read cute, sweet love stories. Someone get the proper tags on this, and fast.

No, the absence of those tags is appropriate imo. It was a kinda morbid (but taken somewhat lightly) conversation between them, it's not like anything really happened. It was alarming/disturbing at best, with how casual it was

last edited at Jun 15, 2017 8:05PM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I was reading it like WTH ?!! and the start was too similar to the ending of a previous chapter, this goes to the weird yuri list.

Sylveon%20x%20glaceon%202
joined Mar 11, 2014

Kawasa posted:

Someone get the proper tags on this, and fast.

You can do it using suggesting tag option 8D

I mean, I didn't read it, so it wouldn't be appropriate for me to suggest them...

No, the absence of those tags is appropriate imo. It was a kinda morbid (but taken somewhat lightly) conversation between them, it's not like anything really happened

I didn't read it, and I'm not planning to, so I can't really say for sure whether they're appropriate, but with words like "cry for help" and "what the hell" and "terrible" thrown around in the comments above me, it sounds like the story needs some sort of tag besides "School girl" and "Yuri."

last edited at Jun 15, 2017 8:05PM

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

No, the absence of those tags is appropriate imo. It was a kinda morbid (but taken somewhat lightly) conversation between them, it's not like anything really happened

Yeah, the problem with the doujin is that it's weirdly dark subject matter contrasting with the art, but it's not actually dark. It's not dramatic, any form of angst is brushed aside so fast the characters even make a joke about it 2 pages later, and it's not thaaaaaat weird enough to get "WTF" tag, it's just jarring in tone.

So there isn't really much you can do with the tags! It's accurate atm.

A2bcf11834a1918b3f09b4219b2a099f_r
joined Aug 16, 2014

[...] this goes to the weird yuri list.

Please share the weird yuri list.

last edited at Jun 15, 2017 8:07PM

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

I didn't read it, and I'm not planning to, so I can't really say for sure whether they're appropriate, but with words like "cry for help" and "what the hell" and "terrible" thrown around in the comments above me, it sounds like the story needs some sort of tag besides "School girl" and "Yuri."

Those were exageratted comments. There wasn't much in this doujin beside "I'm afraid one of us will die someday". They just love each other so much that they don't want to think about the other disappearing, what is pretty normal.
The strangling part was weird, but the character herself said it so, and it wasn't really violent, so whatever.
Pretty much just cute yuri as always.

3089135_1354253222168.89res_320_317
joined Apr 1, 2016

Is this person okay? This series is like a cry for help. It's clear they're writing from personal experience with depression. Wish they translated the author's note because I really want to know more about this person.

Also getting thread ninja'd is even worse than post ninja'd since it eats your comment, apparently.

I did ask on 4chan's TL thread if someone could help me out with getting it translated before finishing it up but sadly nobody stepped up.
I too find it sad that pretty much all the TLs marked as 'complete' leave out stuff like that.
That said, I am still thankful for all the TLs people do nonetheless.

last edited at Jun 15, 2017 8:18PM

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

infinest posted:

I did ask on 4chan's TL thread if someone could help me out with getting it translated before finishing it up but sadly nobody stepped up.
I too find it sad that pretty much all the TLs marked as 'complete' leave out stuff like that.
That said, I am still thankful for all the TLs people do nonetheless.

In the previous 2 ones, the author's note stuff was basically random stuff about their current life. It wasn't connected to story whatsoever, so I felt like tl'ing it was just waste of time.

3089135_1354253222168.89res_320_317
joined Apr 1, 2016

In the previous 2 ones, the author's note stuff was basically random stuff about their current life. It wasn't connected to story whatsoever, so I felt like tl'ing it was just waste of time.

Yeah, I can definitely see why TLers like to leave them out since they're often just random thought's of the author with no relation to the story + translating such a big block of text probably isn't that easy to do well so I won't judge anyone for leaving it out.

I personally just like having that stuff too for completeness sake and because I enjoy reading about the author's thoughts regardless of whether it's about their release itself or not.

Breakdanceanomicon
joined Jun 13, 2015

Yeah, I can definitely see why TLers like to leave them out since they're often just random thought's of the author with no relation to the story + translating such a big block of text probably isn't that easy to do well so I won't judge anyone for leaving it out.

I personally just like having that stuff too for completeness sake and because I enjoy reading about the author's thoughts regardless of whether it's about their release itself or not.

Here, here.

Of course I'll never be angry at the TLs for providing a free service that doesn't completely match up with my hopes but I'm always curious about the minds behind the works I consume. Especially with more... out-there works like this.

Cinnabar-profile
joined Aug 3, 2015

My impression is that the author is calling back on older class S yuri, where the idea of double suicide as an act of love is more common (see Oniisama e). It just feels particularly odd because of how it clashes with the otherwise cute tone and artstyle.

To reply you must either login or sign up.