Forum › Nutmeg discussion

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

I like Otsu Hiyori very much

Ivan's%20words%20of%20wisdom
joined Jun 22, 2013

Huzzah! Otsu Hiyori makes a triumphant return!

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

I love all her frank/blunt characters lol

Screen%20shot%202017-12-10%20at%208.19.31%20pm
joined Dec 26, 2013

This was so cute!

This
joined Jan 17, 2017

Good girl

Dynav
joined Aug 6, 2013

Otsu Hiyori!! And to be continued! Life is good.

last edited at Jun 8, 2017 1:43AM

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

appbeza posted:

And 'Nutmeg', it's fitting IMO.

Why?

Hinataskype
joined May 26, 2011

hello yes i'm ready for otsu hiyori's gentle yuri ride once again.

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Otsu Hiyori livessssssss! Praise Madoka!

Johanliebert
joined Dec 15, 2015

OTSUUU HIYORI YUSSSSSS !!!! Thanks Nevri and Faust for the translation !

last edited at May 30, 2019 12:07PM

Divalshfgd_400x400
joined Jan 18, 2017

It's cute. Added to my subscriptions.

HopeFromYuri
5b3c524e-e066-4eaf-8e5f-ae4e37b5edda
joined Jan 18, 2016

Looks like a nice and gentle yuri, can't wait to see more.

Ozy_avatar
joined Jan 30, 2013

Natsume -> Na-tu-meg?

Credits lol.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

^ That was useful - thanks :) I was wondering why it might be called nutmeg. Does nutmeg only have those properties when raw or in larger amounts? I've had it many times in various cakes etc and never noticed an effect?

I really liked this - and that was before I noticed it was Otsu Hiyori! responsible for some amazing one shots like maple love - So I will certainly be looking forward to more :)

Yuuri actually looks a lot like the blonde in Maple love- though the black haired girl is very different.

P.s

I've seen Yuri as a name before - (seems to be gender neutral?) but never Yuuri? Is it the same name just romanised differently for some reason? If not anyone know the Kanji / meaning?

last edited at Jun 8, 2017 3:47AM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Thank you !!! this looks CUTE

joined Aug 19, 2012

is this actually a new work or just some old stuff being translated.

32104671_1715652908533240_2109611648586088448_n
joined Jul 30, 2015

Cute but not new. School girls fall in love with each other. I think we have to many of it^^'

joined Mar 25, 2013

Wow, I was just re-reading some old works of her and was wondering if she did something new and this popped up a day later.

Maple Love is my absolute favorite one-shot. I'm really glad to see a new work of hers. Is it something new or a few years old?

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Cute but not new. School girls fall in love with each other. I think we have to many of it^^'

Far too broad a category.

You might as well say 'one person falling in love with another? how boring, that's been done loads!'.

What makes a story good or not is in the details and implementation, not some overly broad categorization for it's setting.

You could write a 2 school girls school setting romance, that was far more original than a manga with say, a female jockey x woman deep sea diver who are on the run from Belgian secret police for stealing the worlds greatest chocolate recipe.

Would the fact that nothing close to that exists make it good? or the characters interesting with good dialogue? Nope.

last edited at Jun 8, 2017 6:13AM

11143587_983945991615710_6019435042284427906_n
joined Jan 29, 2015

Otsu Hiyori!!! I'm definitely following this...!!!

Madoka Akbar!!!

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

appbeza posted:

"Effects include rapid heart beat, flushed skin... , intense sexual pleasure, vivid (and often controllable) daydreams (known as nutmeg phantasies), finding everything funny, inability to walk (particularly if taken at bed time the night prior),... , general giddiness, empathy and/or shift in perspective."

This relationship seems like a nutmeg waiting to be eaten; their friendship's mellow at the moment, based on the foundation being note-sharing. I think the romantic side will burst intensely in a short time; they don't seem like people who fluff around. If it doesn't I'll retract my statement.

I see. I was confused why it is named nutmeg because it didn't seem to have any connection to plot or characters and I wasn't aware of any meanings of nutmeg that could fit. If that ends up being correct it would be pretty cool. As a bonus thing, title in japanese is "natsumegu" so if Natsume ends up being nutmeg it would mean Otsu named her like that on purpose.

elevown posted:

I've seen Yuri as a name before - (seems to be gender neutral?) but never Yuuri? Is it the same name just romanised differently for some reason? If not anyone know the Kanji / meaning?

It is 2 different names. In japanese prolonging sounds is very important and can often completely change the meaning of the word, that is why I dislike when a lot of translations simple remove 1 letter assuming reader won't know how to read it or something. Both are inherently female names, but indeed some male characters are named like that as well (and are often mocked because of it or it leads to some misunderstandings). Can't say anything about meaning because it is written with kana so we don't know which kanji are used.

bighandxyz posted:

is this actually a new work or just some old stuff being translated.

It is her newest serialization in Galette.

EDIT/ > Utoptia posted:

OTSUUU HIYORI YUSSSSSS !!!! Thanks Nevri and Faust for the translate !

My pleasure ♥

last edited at Jun 8, 2017 7:54AM

joined Feb 15, 2015

There's always moe gap in Otsu Hiyori's manga. Like the nerdy-looking characters are actually the bold one in the relationship.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

^ That was useful - thanks :) I was wondering why it might be called nutmeg. Does nutmeg only have those properties when raw or in larger amounts? I've had it many times in various cakes etc and never noticed an effect?

William S. Burroughs, in Naked Lunch actually explains how to get stoned off nutmeg. But it takes about a tablespoon's worth and is super hard on the liver so not recommended.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

^ I wasn't about to lol just curious why its safely used in so many foods.

Also - I noticed the first 3 kana of nutmeg and Natsume are the same so that can't be coincidence.

Another thing - it is set just before the summer holidays - and the first 2 kana of nutmeg 'natsu' also mean summer right? so there might be another meaning in the name? Though I'm not sure what the megu bit would mean unless its an abbreviation for something.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

elevown posted:

Another thing - it is set just before the summer holidays - and the first 2 kana of nutmeg 'natsu' also mean summer right? so there might be another meaning in the name? Though I'm not sure what the megu bit would mean unless its an abbreviation for something.

I already asked about it, because I felt like there might be some other meaning to it, but nobody replied and only person that did reply said, she has no idea and said to just tl it as nutmeg. We don't know when exactly it takes place and while "natsu" indeed means summer, I feel it is just coincident, especially since "megu" by itself doesn't really mean anything.

To reply you must either login or sign up.