Forum › Posts by MJIB

joined Feb 15, 2015

Not too fond of the manga's concept, but the coincidence of the author pairing up Scorpio and Taurus and with me, a Scorpio) liking my friend who is a Taurus, though...
Might just keep an eye on this manga to follow the pairing's development, lol.

joined Feb 15, 2015

I think there is a manga with a similar plot somewhere in the mangaverse, but I feel that this has way better writing in terms of the characters' emotions. It is detailed and realistic.

For me, it is perfectly fine if the sick MC died in the end (I mean, it is explicitly mentioned that she is seriously ill and this is not a fantasy manga so, her not dying is weirder) as long as there is a satisfying send-off. Hopefully it doesn't disappoint.

joined Feb 15, 2015

Damn... the last chapter feels so different... definitely seems like they are heading towards the direction of "I'll repay you with my body"? But this is Yuriko and Matoi so I don't think it's gonna go that way???

Anyway, that aside, really enjoying this series. Haven't been hooked onto one for quite long and now this definitely caught my attention. It's great that they are exploring other kinds of love minus the sexual desires, which I can kind of relate to since I don't seem to have much appreciation for them either. And I just love that the progression makes absolute sense to me (like Yuriko fainting from exhaustion was actually because her period was coming, the details!) because after reading many manga, making sense just isn't something I would be so strict on, lol.

last edited at Apr 15, 2022 11:50AM

joined Feb 15, 2015

The main character is smooth af.

joined Feb 15, 2015

Had to think if the author was serious... 13 years old? I can't see a future for these two mains when the teacher is expected to wait 5 years to do anything intimate with the student, given the fact that they've been doing plenty already without being in a relationship with each other.

MJIB
Nutmeg discussion 24 Dec 11:02
joined Feb 15, 2015

As expected, never not like Otsu Hiyori's work.
I'm kinda hoping for this series to be longer because I think I had never read a series by her that went beyond 10 chapters (probably 6 at most), but seeing as this is in high school setting and things can be less complicated so... probably not~
And I was struggling to decide whether to buy the chinese translated galette, whether it's really worth at the pricing with my current financial state but this made it easier. Yes.

last edited at Dec 24, 2017 11:04AM

MJIB
Nutmeg discussion 08 Jun 08:04
joined Feb 15, 2015

There's always moe gap in Otsu Hiyori's manga. Like the nerdy-looking characters are actually the bold one in the relationship.

MJIB
joined Feb 15, 2015

Now this is one refreshing twist. And, kinda inspiring.
Any hope for continuation?
The S in me wants to see the taller girl all affected and flustered because of the shorter girl.

joined Feb 15, 2015

...what just happened? lol?

joined Feb 15, 2015

I never understand this forum xD If we are not complaining of how fast something went, of how the series lacked intensity, we do because it is too slow paced and has too much intensity -v- there is just no way to please us.

On another note, I love this series! It's been a while since I've enjoyed a long and nice paced story such as this one -v- The angst hurts, the non-sense is so realistic and we are (aw)fully introduced in dept to all characters. I've read some complaining on how the drama is just meh, but at least it is not drama for the sake of drama. These characters are complex and they all have their own fears and strenghts. We are all on edge and raging because no one makes a move but, that part of overthinking and cowardice and stillness in the comfort zone is kinda what makes this relatable. Or is everybody going to tell me they always act on their feelings without considering everyone else's, or that you've never grown aware of a situation but make your best to act like you know nothing. I'm so looking forward to the end.

This. I was contemplating for a while if I should make a post (because it's gonna take me some time to write all my thoughts down) since I've been lurking around this thread months ago. Most of my opinions have been expressed so I'm just gonna add on a little...

I thought it was refreshing and enjoyed longer storytelling cos I really feel that there was a lack of japanese Yuri that took time to explain from each of the MCs' perspectives especially when it is a more complicated relationship like a love triangle. Or in this case, a five way... thing (what should I call it. lol)? Sure, some of the chapters aren't that strong but I feel that it always add some understanding to the character's behaviour. In terms of how they handled their relationships according to their personality, it's quite consistent and imagineable which is why I don't feel disconnect with characters and is what I like most about this manga.

As of now, I am still enjoying the manga, still so many things to explore like Kotoka's past which has been slightly hinted at and with the previous chapters, I'm looking forward to how detailed the author will be on the characters' feelings. On a side note, I'm also glad there's another on-going yuri manga with good storytelling and minimum drama that goes beyond 2-3 volumes. (On its five, I believe. :D) Now, I just fear the ending because most manga of such plot line have really lazy or difficult to relate ending like one with no answers to about all the questions raised after unnecessary drama or one with polyamorous relationship.

joined Feb 15, 2015

...Ina at the end really, really confused me. (That was her, right?) I'm curious about No-rae's reactions there too.

What you mean at the end?

This is what I got from reading the pictures:
- Everyone was working hard
- Norae fell asleep in the inventory room
- Enah went out to get her a blanket, then came back only to find out Seola already let Norae sleep on her lap (so cute)
- Norae went with Enah to her place, and saw her huge picture in the wall (just like someone she knew ;) )
- Norae was surprised to see Enah came back without her neck cast
- They talked about something that related to Enah's fiance/relationship and made Norae reflect on Seola (?!)
- Enah dropped Norae home
- Norae saw Seola in the convenient store
- Seola was always happy to see Norae
- Norae blused so much at her realization that their feelings might be mutual (haha just my guess)

---> so it should be Seola at the end? Lol

That's what I got as well. Except for the convenience store part, I think it was more like a bakery??
Judging by the (lovely) flashbacks of them Norae had, I'm almost sure it was Seol-a who made No-rae blushed at the end.
It will be weird as hell if that was Ina.

joined Feb 15, 2015

I wonder what Seol-a means by "it doesn't matter" (the last line).
"It doesn't matter (because I will break the walls down)" or "it doesn't matter (because I just want her to stay by my side)"?

Also, thank you so much @Halmoni ! As someone who cannot read Korean (at all), I'd be so frustrated if I couldn't understand the contents in this crazy good webtoon.

P/S: Created an account just so I can join in the fun every Monday. Mina-san, yoroshiku onegaishimasu!