Forum › Nanashi no Asterism discussion

joined Aug 11, 2014

This chapter shows that, once again, this mangaka is an immensely talented writer who just couldn't quite get their story told in less chapters than they had planned.

I mean, sure, but part of being a good writer is knowing how to plan your story so that it's presented concisely and effectively. The fact that they couldn't wrap things up within 23 (huge, 50 page) chapters doesn't exactly speak well of their talent, to be honest. Like, how long did they want this story to be, exactly? Especially given that I got tired and felt like the story was going in circles back in chapter eight, and I'm still not sure that things have significantly changed since then.

Maybe the author had some notion that they were going to write a 30-volume saga on the scale of Kimi ni Todoke or Skip Beat or whatever, but I just can't see that ever happening with this story as it's been written, axe or no axe.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

A bonus chapter... It's yaoi
Geez, I wonder why this yuri love triangle got axed

Icon%20(4)
joined Jan 20, 2014

I don't know how I do but I really love the series all Dynasty hate xD
All have secrets, for that we lie, for that we go to nowhere, screw all, making people cry but, even with that, we can't stop lying in something, more in adolescence.
It's sadly how the author put what he/she wanted to do in the character pages ;^; how bad this got cancelled but, even when I love it, I suposse for all the hate I read, this didn't sell good x'D how bad.

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

This chapter shows that, once again, this mangaka is an immensely talented writer who just couldn't quite get their story told in less chapters than they had planned.

I mean, sure, but part of being a good writer is knowing how to plan your story so that it's presented concisely and effectively. The fact that they couldn't wrap things up within 23 (huge, 50 page) chapters doesn't exactly speak well of their talent, to be honest. Like, how long did they want this story to be, exactly? Especially given that I got tired and felt like the story was going in circles back in chapter eight, and I'm still not sure that things have significantly changed since then.

Maybe the author had some notion that they were going to write a 30-volume saga on the scale of Kimi ni Todoke or Skip Beat or whatever, but I just can't see that ever happening with this story as it's been written, axe or no axe.

^ This. Pretty much. It's good that they try to thoroughly flesh out the characters' thoughts and emotions, but that should be accompanied with substantial developments in the plot, the characters, & their relationships as well. The BL part of this series did that & that's why it is more engaging to read. The yuri was pretty much stomping at the same place the entire time. Instead of sorting out the girls' feelings, they were just introducing more secretceptions between them. & by the end of 23 long chapters, their feelings for each other and relationships w/ one another only come off as shallow rather than anything remotely engaging.

last edited at May 25, 2017 8:47PM

joined Feb 23, 2016

DAMN such trolling T_T now i really want more off all this.. BUUU T^T

1383023_409776295790444_214555291_n
joined Jul 17, 2016

The story should have been only about the love triangle and the 3 girls. I don't dislike guys in yuri stories but these two were main characters and at some point the story really seemed to be more about them than about the yuri love triangle. Plus I found them very boring, I couldn't give a fuck about Subaru's crossdressing , his somewhat incestuous feelings towards Tsukasa and the whole thing with Tsukasa/Asakura/Subaru. I really liked the first chapters, it had great potencial but then the characters became annoying af, the no ending and the implied het with Tsukasa just made this much worse.

last edited at May 25, 2017 9:18PM

joined May 1, 2013

I mean, sure, but part of being a good writer is knowing how to plan your story so that it's presented concisely and effectively. The fact that they couldn't wrap things up within 23 (huge, 50 page) chapters doesn't exactly speak well of their talent, to be honest.

Did you really feel like this didn't wrap things up with the three main girls? It is very clear what's going to happen: Kotooka and Washio end up together when they grow up, and Tsukasa is straight and dates boys, and they all still are friends.

They had the annoying "let's enjoy our ambiguous youth before these memories fade like dew on the morning grass," but that's a manga thing... freaking Sasameki Koto ended with that. I'm really bugged Kotooka didn't come out to her friends as gay, but this story seemed totally wrapped up.

Now the boys, that was a big ol' "what the hell is even going on?" there at the end.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

What? At the end of Sasameki Koto they're a couple with the blessings of their friends and families. How is that ambiguous?

Icon%20(4)
joined Jan 20, 2014

What? At the end of Sasameki Koto they're a couple with the blessings of their friends and families. How is that ambiguous?

SPOOOOILER DAAAAAAAM :( well, I deserve it because I only need to read 5 more chapters for know that and it's like that since 4 years ago but hurts anyway x'D

Copy90_90_zpscf246422
joined Sep 18, 2014

I'm actually pissed that Tsukasa got the bad end.

Crossdressing Subaru with Asakura looks good though!

last edited at May 25, 2017 10:38PM

Img-20190201-wa0005
joined Sep 21, 2015

I really loved this series and I wish it had kept going for 30 or more chapters, until the plot was finished... This ending was so unsatisfying! It was like what Tsukasa thought, she was left out on "two against one", Kotooka and Nadeshiko started going out and Tsukasa gave up and found a boyfriend. Shittyend.

last edited at May 25, 2017 10:44PM

Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

It's finally over. Yay! Now I can avoid being baited with excitement to see something new on Dynasty Scans only to find out that it was this load of trash. At least the comment section was entertaining.

last edited at May 25, 2017 10:56PM

joined Jun 14, 2013

To say that's this was a mediocre manga would be the greatest compliment towards it but fr in my honest opinion ofc this was absolute shit. And if the ending was that Tsukasa gave and got a boyfriend, what a god damn slap in my face. I really wanted her and washio ending up together. So overall this manga deserves a big fat BOOOOOOO and big piece of my shit.

joined Dec 19, 2016

I'm confused. So the main girl realizes that she's the 3rd wheel for the other 2 girls now? That's really depressing if the case.

joined Aug 11, 2014

Did you really feel like this didn't wrap things up with the three main girls? It is very clear what's going to happen: Kotooka and Washio end up together when they grow up, and Tsukasa is straight and dates boys, and they all still are friends.

I mean, you admit yourself that it doesn't wrap the entire story up, because the boys get nothing nearly as conclusive as Tsukasa channeling the author in prophetic soliloquy (except for the bonus chapter, which... appears to kill off any chance of a relationship between them at all?) but that's not quite what I was talking about.

I'll try to clarify: I think the author should have been able to tell this entire story, without a rushed axe ending, in half as many chapters as it got. Nothing about this story convinces me that it needed to be as long as it is, and certainly not longer, as was apparently the intention. I think 23 double-sized chapters should have been plenty of time for this series to live out a full and natural lifespan and come to a satisfying conclusion, but instead, it had to be cut short and rushed into an abrupt and incomplete ending.

Again, I fully admit: I did not read all of this story. Any assessment I make (aside from the obvious "I did not find it compelling enough to keep reading" ) is therefore quite incomplete, and can comfortably be disregarded. With that in mind, I still think this story had an incredibly unique and fascinatingly bittersweet core concept that's ultimately ruined by a bloat of self-indulgent navel-gazing. And that's a real shame.

Img-20190201-wa0005
joined Sep 21, 2015

I'm confused. So the main girl realizes that she's the 3rd wheel for the other 2 girls now? That's really depressing if the case.

In my opinion, that's the case. And yes, it's absolutely depressing and disappointing.

your first love never works out.

Well, that's unscientific. Just because it didn't work out for some people doesn't mean it won't work for anyone.

last edited at May 25, 2017 11:10PM

joined May 25, 2017

To me, I like the ending. I definitely agree your first love never works out. And for Tsukasa, it didn't. For Washio and Kotoka, it wasn't their first loves, so it worked out for them. Sad it wasn't longer, I really like manga were the characters are developed.

PINK DEATH BEAR
Sara
joined Sep 18, 2016

That was the most ridiculous, overwrought, and pointless thing I've read in a while. What a load of absolute trash.

Img_20190727_095038
joined Oct 28, 2016

I'll miss this series T^T

joined Aug 10, 2016

I at least expected a nice dinner before the ending bent me over and fucked my expectations like a cheap whore.

Screenshot_20220712-194055_tachiyomi%20(1)
joined Jun 22, 2013

I'll miss this series T^T

I for one won't miss it and it started off pretty decent too.

joined May 1, 2013

It ends with them going to different schools and Sumika crying because she's graduating and becoming an adult and not able to be physically close to Kazama anymore.

Blessing of family and friends, yes. They prooooooobably end up together, yeah. But there's STILL the "our precious youth drifts away in the summer breeze and let us cherish these beautiful memories of our high school days" nonsense.

last edited at May 25, 2017 11:49PM

Hinataskype
joined May 26, 2011

The ending was better than I thought it might be, probably because while they did confirm tsukasa gets a boyfriend, they didn't force her meeting him in there at all.

It's not a great ending. I probably wouldn't read it again. But it did wrap everything up at least.

Best Mangaka Rohan
25dfc3e30a88f17394a8d2037430b766
joined Dec 13, 2016

I don't want to be one of those guys but....

....I TOLD YOU SO!

Knew this manga was going to be a mess and utter crap.

Urashi C. Pin
Copy%20of%20corn%20thief%20maki%20maki%201
joined Jun 17, 2014

The ending was better than I thought it might be, probably because while they did confirm tsukasa gets a boyfriend, they didn't force her meeting him in there at all.

It's not a great ending. I probably wouldn't read it again. But it did wrap everything up at least.

the boyfriend thing felt pretty forced to me.....

To reply you must either login or sign up.