Forum › Nanashi no Asterism discussion

Sin%20t%c3%adtulo-min
joined Sep 28, 2011

Man, this is so incredibly pointless. The only thing I got out of that ending is that that narcissist asshole of Kotooka got what she wanted. This is all so stupid

Img_20190727_095038
joined Oct 28, 2016

I kind of actually enjoyed this series. I dunno. I guess I can relate to these characters since I met people like them and got into a similar situation. The only thing I really didn't like was the cover hinting het.

Xristina_Lucy
Latest
joined May 1, 2017

Nanashi no Asterism is by far my favourite yuri manga. The plot is really interesting, the characters are not necessarily perfect and they can be a little selfish at times and I really like that. Washio is the best wifu though xD. Reading the last chapter I was a bit disappointed for the possible het but I am waiting eagerly for the new chapters!!

Images%20(1)
joined Mar 26, 2014

I almost forgot about this series. I should have not read the latest chap, should have left where I left...

Little Bits Of Mini
Josuke
joined Nov 8, 2013

Wait.... so judging from that art cover page, I'm assuming none of the girls end up with each other but they have boyfriends apparently. Not a single hint of all that any of the other girls turned out differently. What a hopeful ending for us readers.

joined Jun 1, 2016

Shame, I was actually enjoying this series but once I read that the series was canceled I knew the author was going to give rushed half assed ending, and judging from that cover page, it basically said that none of them end up together. I going to to finish the series just to get some closure since I do like the characters, particularly kotooka, but I'm not looking foward to it.

joined Jun 1, 2016

Before going into this chapter I thought it was going to end KotookaxWashio with a broken-hearted but supportive Tsukasa

last edited at May 1, 2017 4:11PM

Breakdanceanomicon
joined Jun 13, 2015

This could have been such a good series if it wasn't cancelled. (and if Kotooka finally shut her damn fool mouth for once)
Shame, too, the author is a really great writer, with some nice art style, so it's sad to see such talent totally wasted. But that's what you get when you spend so much time building up the scenario only to waste chapters with filler that no one remains invested.

joined Aug 11, 2014

Honestly, even with the cancellation, the author didn't need actually need to give any of them a boyfriend unless that was the intention the whole time. Unless that was also a (bizarrely specific and counterintuitive) form of editorial meddling, which... I guess it could be? If we're trying to absolve the author of everything we possibly can? I just think that, regardless of what the author was trying to do, if they hypothetically wanted to put middle fingers up and say "fuck you" to everyone who'd gotten invested in the story, a pretty effective way to do that would be to resolve none of the romance plots and then say that at least one of the girls is thinking about marrying a boy instead.

I'm just really glad I stopped caring about this story back in chapter 8. I kept an eye on it afterwards, kinda hoping that the plot would go somewhere and I'd get drawn back in, but... No chance of that anymore, I guess.

Reo
joined Feb 4, 2016

Lots of people saying "I stopped caring about this story back in..."

I was one of those who still caring at this point... Just kill me now...

last edited at May 1, 2017 11:44PM

Reo
joined Feb 4, 2016

Btw, what's the point of keeping the "yuri" tag?

Just get rid of it...

Screenshot_2018-10-31%20dynasty%20reader%20%c2%bb%20fusoroi%20no%20renri%20ch13
joined Jul 1, 2014

Just get rid of it...

I guess because this isn't Kotooka's first time having feelings towards other girls. She's at least on the bi spectrum if not full on gay. Even though I'm not a fan of this idea, you could technically say the other two (washio and tsukasa) are just having those feelings of adolescence, but Kotooka IMHO is definitely attracted to women primarily.

Reo
joined Feb 4, 2016

Just get rid of it...

I guess because this isn't Kotooka's first time having feelings towards other girls. She's at least on the bi spectrum if not full on gay. Even though I'm not a fan of this idea, you could technically say the other two (washio and tsukasa) are just having those feelings of adolescence, but Kotooka IMHO is definitely attracted to women primarily.

Kotooka can not be happy with men after all. So I guess she is a full lesbian.
But still, at least change to "Yuri crush" so people don't get baited by this mess.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I guess the author got bitter about the series getting cancelled and decided to take it out on the readers, nice, happens way too often.

Oh, is this the new "Shou did Stretch as revenge over what happened with Prism"?

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Nezchan posted:

I guess the author got bitter about the series getting cancelled and decided to take it out on the readers, nice, happens way too often.

Oh, is this the new "Shou did Stretch as revenge over what happened with Prism"?

Is more like the Happy End drama(justified)... Well, maybe not as bad for me, but is worse for others.

last edited at May 2, 2017 1:33PM

Together_forever
joined Jul 6, 2013

I can only wish for the author to die. Preferably in a car fire, or maybe from hunger. Yeah, that'd be nice.

Reo
joined Feb 4, 2016

I can only wish for the author to die. Preferably in a car fire, or maybe from hunger. Yeah, that'd be nice.

He must be starving because APPARENTLY his manga is not selling and it was CANCELLED!

Oh boy, I can´t get over my anger...

last edited at May 2, 2017 12:28PM

Heihtzz
joined Oct 16, 2016

Jesus, people, it's just a gay picture book.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Yes please, let's not reach Oreimo fans level

Reo
joined Feb 4, 2016

Sorry for the rage.

It's just frustrating to see a series that you love and followed for months to end so sad...

Together_forever
joined Jul 6, 2013

Jesus, people, it's just a gay picture book.

It's more than that: it's giving the middle finger to the people that spent time reading your work.

joined Aug 28, 2016

As other people have said, the biggest problem with the way the ending seems to be headed will be if it ends up vindicating Kotooka's point of view, because everything up to now has shown that the way she's trying to live is self-destructive. She's been driving the emotional conflict of the story more than anyone else, so if she doesn't at least get her shit sorted out the whole story will have been a bit pointless. I don't even need to see her end up with one of the other main characters, just... not keep doing what she's doing.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

LilyBlack posted:

As other people have said, the biggest problem with the way the ending seems to be headed will be if it ends up vindicating Kotooka's point of view, because everything up to now has shown that the way she's trying to live is self-destructive. She's been driving the emotional conflict of the story more than anyone else, so if she doesn't at least get her shit sorted out the whole story will have been a bit pointless. I don't even need to see her end up with one of the other main characters, just... not keep doing what she's doing.

I thought she was a great character, she was my favorite and I had high hopes for her but now she will be remembered as the crazy bitch from the cancelled manga.

joined Jan 11, 2015

Fuck I know I said I wanted things to happen faster but like not like this geez.

joined Aug 16, 2014

Omg, 4 more chapters till the end?!

To reply you must either login or sign up.