Forum › Nanashi no Asterism discussion

Hyewon%20blush-1%2041
joined Dec 15, 2013

I really liked this at the beginning but the ending makes me feel like, what was the point of this manga or me reading it if it was just going to end up unresolved or just treated as "an adolescent phase"? I thought as far as disappointing endings went, it would be hard to beat Stretch but wow this just takes the cake. It's really sad because I liked the artwork and the characters, and was hoping for me. Damn.

last edited at Apr 30, 2017 1:26PM

Mostly%20sunny
joined Oct 26, 2016

Kotooka is becoming more toxic by the chapter.
She is seriously good at being a terrible human being.

Fear-dull02
joined Jan 1, 2017

First Shitsurakuen, now this!? Square Enix just doesn't treat its yuri titles well.

last edited at Apr 30, 2017 2:05PM

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

Hey, at the least the yaoi, aka the only good part about this series, happens and isn't just a phase.

Why is Kotooka so damn unlikeable?

I mean, every character has its own negative side, but Kotooka is too much. She could be more charming character without being such a big pain. The author is deliberately showing her negative side and it's making me really hard to love her. I was trying hard to love her until the very last chapter.

This.

last edited at Apr 30, 2017 2:09PM

Chibi_blademan
joined Jul 23, 2013

If it actually ends with all het, That would actually be one of the biggest disappointments. I actually enjoyed reading this, thinking "Which pairing is it gonna be!?" . Although, I was getting a little suspicious, of what the author was planning when I noticed they were focusing more on other characters, from the main three. Maybe this wouldn't feel so bad, if I only read the first chapter and left it at that. I honestly don't know how to express my loathing right now. It's like the villain won! What's the point of a love triangle if none of them get together! I still might read it, because I might need some closure. Also, does anybody know how the Japanese audience reacted to the ending? I know they have different opinions on same sex stuff, so I'm curious.

EDIT: At least, the story ended happy, according to the spoiler summary. If it wasn't for that extra page, I wouldn't be so upset!

last edited at Apr 30, 2017 2:15PM

Hinataskype
joined May 26, 2011

My stomach hurts. It seems all the interesting series get cancelled and then receive shoddy endings (I didn't read spoilers, just going by the cover).. but it's especially frustrating in this scenario where the three main female characters are attracted to women and end up with men, or at least Tsukasa did, out MAIN character. I mean I suppose that just means she is bi, at least that's how I want to see it, but why couldn't she have ended up with a girlfriend? why does it always have to be a boy and treated like a young girl's "phase".

I want to think it would have been different if the series hadn't been cancelled, but honestly I'm not even sure of that. The author didn't have to screw the readers like that so blatantly.

I would have even taken a poly ending over whatever the author did to this series.

I'll still read it to the end, since I don't like to leave things unfinished, but I'll be somewhat bitter about it the whole way.

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

Maybe this wouldn't feel so bad, if I only read the first chapter and left it at that.

Haha, reminds me that I nearly dropped this on the first chapter or two. I carried on with low expectation & not much emotional attachment, so I'm not as bitter as most about the ending right now. It's still sad to see this kind of ending though.

Copy90_90_zpscf246422
joined Sep 18, 2014

The orange picture talks about Tsukasa having a boyfriend... we can expect a bad ending then.

Honestly, I just find Tsukasa to be the most normal among them so I can actually picture this.
If that someone turns out to be similar to Asakura, then I don't really mind.

joined Jun 12, 2015

Well I didn't like this series since Vol. 1. The pacing was super slow and many scenes felt like fillers. I still don't know why the author made them that long. So many pages wasted for nothing. But man, that one extra page was like middle finger to all yuri fans.

Also, does anybody know how the Japanese audience reacted to the ending? I know they have different opinions on same sex stuff, so I'm curious.

I saw some negative reviews on amazon. This review is highlighted as top critical and most helpful. So yeah.

last edited at Apr 30, 2017 2:44PM

Screenshot_2018-10-31%20dynasty%20reader%20%c2%bb%20fusoroi%20no%20renri%20ch13
joined Jul 1, 2014

I just went and spoiled myself to the further chapters through what other people say about them. It seems the series has been canceled and the author leaves it mostly unresolved. I'd mostly forgotten about this series and now I wish I hadn't clicked to read the new chapter. Further chapters will be dutifully ignored.

last edited at Apr 30, 2017 3:14PM

Untitled%20design
joined Jul 13, 2016

All the hate aside, we should be grateful for the scanlation group providing us with manga regardless what a shitshow it has become ^-^

Icon%20(4)
joined Jan 20, 2014

My stomach hurts. It seems all the interesting series get cancelled and then receive shoddy endings (I didn't read spoilers, just going by the cover).. but it's especially frustrating in this scenario where the three main female characters are attracted to women and end up with men, or at least Tsukasa did, out MAIN character. I mean I suppose that just means she is bi, at least that's how I want to see it, but why couldn't she have ended up with a girlfriend? why does it always have to be a boy and treated like a young girl's "phase".

I want to think it would have been different if the series hadn't been cancelled, but honestly I'm not even sure of that. The author didn't have to screw the readers like that so blatantly.

I would have even taken a poly ending over whatever the author did to this series.

I'll still read it to the end, since I don't like to leave things unfinished, but I'll be somewhat bitter about it the whole way.

Wait, are you saying that this series had been cancelled?? why????

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

The sale wasn't great, I think. It was announced suddenly and the author had to come up with one final chapter to wrap up everything right after that.

joined Feb 23, 2016

Bang bang! 2 shots fired!! (╯°Д °)╯╧╧

Icon%20(4)
joined Jan 20, 2014

The sale wasn't great, I think. It was announced suddenly and the author had to come up with one final chapter to wrap up everything right after that.

Dammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm T_T sly, I love so much the first 4 volumes, I was waiting until the 5 come out to buy all knowing it would be the last but... If I had known it I would buy it then. Shiiiiiiiiiit all. Thanks for the info u_u

Image62
joined Feb 28, 2015

Well this fucking sucks. I fucking hate Washio, Kotooka is right all the way never apologize. I liked Kotooka most but author tries to make her bad girl. Gay couple is the only good part now

joined Aug 14, 2015

The thing is the readers wanted yuri and they got yaoi, that probably plummeted the sales and much of the interest in it.

Image62
joined Feb 28, 2015

This one was bad but wow ending is even worse. I thought something will happen at the end but no, not even at final chapter. These bitches couldn't handle the Yuri and turned het it seems.

last edited at Apr 30, 2017 6:26PM

joined Jun 30, 2015

I don't really care about what conclusion the author decides to end it on, just how the characters grew while resolving the conflict. Even if everyone ended up parting ways; if there was a good story to go along with why that happened I would've been okay with that. The fact that the story doesn't get told is what gets me.

last edited at Apr 30, 2017 6:54PM

Girl%20with%20a%20black%20cat%20avatar
joined Dec 27, 2015

Katooka really needs an intervention!
I mean, she's holding on to sooooooooo much emotional baggage, it is going to wreck her at some point.
This is how people end up going nuts. And hurting someone, and themselves. You have to find a healthy way to deal with this much built up hurt and emotion.

Girl%20with%20a%20black%20cat%20avatar
joined Dec 27, 2015

http://bato.to/reader#ca1df1b446ea5886_45 back of the cover of the last volume it seems?

What a strange way to punch readers in the gut.

Agreed.....
(Don't get me interested in your story if you can't deliver)

Thumbs
joined Apr 16, 2012

Okay if the cover was a spoiler than its clearly what tsukasa happend but what about the other 2? Can't make sense of it. And who is mae-chin and kashiwagi. Washio? My brain hurts !!!! Some one some help? And if that's the ending what a sad ending.... oh and I shipped tsukasa and washio.. oh wel

last edited at Apr 30, 2017 8:51PM

Sulk
joined Jul 19, 2015

I guess the author got bitter about the series getting cancelled and decided to take it out on the readers, nice, happens way too often.

last edited at Apr 30, 2017 9:56PM

Th
joined Aug 6, 2014

Jesus. What a kick to the nads.

So much potential wasted.

__io_euclase_and_rosetta_granblue_fantasy_drawn_by_takishima_asaka__1d4a58edaca73c7fce39685c5353a2f6_crop
joined Dec 30, 2014

Seriously, this manga's ending disrespects Tsukasa's characterization up to this point. It will insult you, and it will insult love between two girls. Do not waste your time. Rather have a threesome than this.

last edited at May 6, 2017 1:28PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.