Forum › Kase-san discussion

Natsuki
joined Feb 5, 2015

Vankomycin, where is your avatar from, if I may ask?

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/lunchbox_yukari#18

Thank you!

Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

Hahahhaa you guys are so funny. xD I didn't imagine my question would take such a turn but it was great.

Has Kase's height ever been explicitly stated? I keep thinking she's "tall" in a western sense but then I remember this is Japan.

It is really hard to tell Asian women's height in manga especially if you are a westerner. For instance look at Hori in Horimiya. In the manga she actually looks like she is rather tall like around 5'6 but she is actually only 5'3. There is a trend to have the MC girl in a romance be short especially if they are on the shy side and Yamada seems fit in this stereotype. So I'd guess Kase is around 5'7-5'8 as I think she stands around as tall as a lot of the boys in the series.

Thank you for your more serious reply confirming my suspicions.

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Okay,so remember how we were getting mixed messages about whether Kase-san was continuing or had reached its final chapter?
Turns out they're both right in the most delightful way, as they've just announced "Yamada to Kase-san" (that's a proper series title and not just a chapter name) will be launching on Friday!
https://twitter.com/Wings_Official/status/857077095423369218

So yeah, you can now officially mark this specific series as Complete and look forward to when we get to scanlating this college life sequel!

Kayo
joined Sep 9, 2016

Okay,so remember how we were getting mixed messages about whether Kase-san was continuing or had reached its final chapter?
Turns out they're both right in the most delightful way, as they've just announced "Yamada to Kase-san" (that's a proper series title and not just a chapter name) will be launching on Friday!

So yeah, you can now officially mark this specific series as Complete and look forward to when we get to scanlating this college life sequel!

Holy boobs! That's great news! :)

joined Mar 21, 2017

You might want to check but i believe it's Wednesday the 28th of June not this Friday?

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

You might want to check but i believe it's Wednesday the 28th of June not this Friday?

It's the June issue of Wings, and as anyone familiar with magazines should know, those aren't exactly representative of the actual months they are released in. This issue does indeed come on on April 28th.
That said, I think this Wings might be an actual magazine compared to the Flash Wings web thing.

joined Mar 21, 2017

It's the June issue of Wings, and as anyone familiar with magazines should know, those aren't exactly representative of the actual months they are released in. This issue does indeed come on on April 28th.
That said, I think this Wings might be an actual magazine compared to the Flash Wings web thing.

Ah my mistake then.

last edited at Apr 26, 2017 6:52AM

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Ah my mistake then. Twitter and the Flash Wings website mentioned Wednesday the 28th of June and late June respectively so i was a bit confused.

June is when the fourth tank was supposed to come out (though apparently it's now delayed to July).

Also looking at Takashima's blog post, it looks like it'll be releasing on Flash Wings as well as the Wings magazine, so that should hopefully have no impact on /u/'s scanlation efforts.

joined Mar 21, 2017

Ah my mistake then. Twitter and the Flash Wings website mentioned Wednesday the 28th of June and late June respectively so i was a bit confused.

June is when the fourth tank was supposed to come out (though apparently it's now delayed to July).

Also looking at Takashima's blog post, it looks like it'll be releasing on Flash Wings as well as the Wings magazine, so that should hopefully have no impact on /u/'s scanlation efforts.

That's even better than thinking we have to wait till June then.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

If there exists a thing that can be taken as unquestionably good in every possible context, that thing is called "more Kase-san chapters".

last edited at Apr 26, 2017 11:10AM

joined Jun 12, 2015

Great news!

Alextasha Uploader
Crystal3
Three Musqueerteers
joined Sep 25, 2013

Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

YEAAAAHHHHHH! I guess with the new series we don't have to worry that is it "ending soon" anymore because hopefully the sequel runs a good amount of time.

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

First chapter of the new series is out
RAWs (links on the right side): http://www.shinshokan.com/webwings/title43.html
WIP TL: https://pastebin.com/t4qU5kWa

23519190_1784036034940610_3865802561690641399_n
joined Oct 4, 2016

Still resistant to using their first names, I see

joined Mar 21, 2017

Yamada seems a bit embarrassed when it comes to Kase using her first name for some reason

23519190_1784036034940610_3865802561690641399_n
joined Oct 4, 2016

Yamada seems a bit embarrassed when it comes to Kase using her first name for some reason

I wonder if that's going to be the major plot conflict in the upcoming chapter. The next big relationship hurdle, as it were.

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

I wonder if that's going to be the major plot conflict in the upcoming chapter. The next big relationship hurdle, as it were.

Well either that or overexertion to the point of collapse in order to free up their weekend

Copy90_90_zpscf246422
joined Sep 18, 2014

They're both girls
and they're dating.

I guess some things stay the same.

She's a girl who's a bit boyish.
A beauty who stands out just about anywhere.

Yep. Some things just stay the same. XD

last edited at Apr 30, 2017 4:39PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I'd actually like to see Yamada mature in college. I can see her feeling a bit inadequate when using Kase-san as a yardstick, since she's smokin'! But she's studying something she loves, receiving support from that outstanding woman, and presumably making friends with other students who share her interests, rather than the fairly random assortment of people you find in high school.

Kase knows how pretty Yamada can be.

Yumi%20sachiko%20kiss%201
joined Apr 6, 2017

I'd actually like to see Yamada mature in college. I can see her feeling a bit inadequate when using Kase-san as a yardstick, since she's smokin'! But she's studying something she loves, receiving support from that outstanding woman, and presumably making friends with other students who share her interests, rather than the fairly random assortment of people you find in high school.

Kase knows how pretty Yamada can be.

I actually think Yamada has matured alot since the start of the series. Things that would make her a wreck at the start she handles in stride and accepts now. She stood up to her parents about wanting go to college in tokyo. She did the move completely on her own where before she was kind of helpless without her friend. Plus she just carries herself in a more confident/calm matter in the last couple chapters. She still has issues and a childish side but she has definatly matured.

One thing I never got is at the beginning of the series Yamada is portrayed as being dumb/slow and plain. But in reality she is smart enough to get into a good college. She has a rather good body with curves. Top it off she is fashion oriented with good fashion sense and likes to dress up when out of her school uniform. Hell she even has a thing for wearing fancy and lacey underwear.

joined Mar 21, 2017

One thing I never got is at the beginning of the series Yamada is portrayed as being dumb/slow and plain.

Wasn't a lot of that her own words, a product of her own low self esteem? Granted her friend said something along those lines but her friend was kind of tactless.

Yumi%20sachiko%20kiss%201
joined Apr 6, 2017

One thing I never got is at the beginning of the series Yamada is portrayed as being dumb/slow and plain.

Wasn't a lot of that her own words, a product of her own low self esteem? Granted her friend said something along those lines but her friend was kind of tactless.

Na the other classmates kind of treated her like that as well. Like with the stopwatch and somewhat at karaoke. Though ya a lot is also her own low self opinion.

joined Mar 21, 2017

Na the other classmates kind of treated her like that as well. Like with the stopwatch and somewhat at karaoke. Though ya a lot is also her own low self opinion.

I think she comes across as slow to her classmates but it's still a product of her low self esteem. If that makes sense? Kind of like her actions reflecting her inner thoughts. Kids pick up on thesethings and bully them.

I do agree with your description of what she is really like though.

last edited at May 3, 2017 10:35PM

Goggled Anon
Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Basically, it's kind of a combination between self-esteem and the environment. It's kinda like when you're an anime fan and noone else in your class watches anime and just think you're a geek.
Yamada feels worthless cos she's surrounded by jocks and norms and doesn't recognise what makes herself special until Kase tells her. And now Yamada is in a new environment surrounded by fellow flower dorks with a super supportive GF.

To reply you must either login or sign up.