Forum › Kase-san discussion

joined Mar 21, 2017

Just reading into how others see this last chapter got ne thinking.

I think our life experiences play a large part on how we read into things. For some it may feel romantic in it's simplicity for others it may not be enough to create that feeling in the viewers eyes. I don't think we can read into things completely objectively.

last edited at Apr 2, 2017 10:58PM

Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

It's 23 chapters of a relationship that's over a year long, don't think it requires any more romance than what we got to build up to their first time. Most manga would have them going at it less than a month after agreeing to date with a lot less build up.

They have been dating for a year and are finally alone in a room that has zero chance of being interrupted by family, it's only natural what would happen.

last edited at Apr 2, 2017 11:08PM

taiyou_scandalous
Imgonline-com-ua-compresstosize-t7xta6axzfsg
joined Jul 20, 2014

wait, that was the final chapter??

joined Mar 21, 2017

wait, that was the final chapter??

Just the end of that chapter from what i understand

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Yamada hardly ever communicated her thoughts and worries.

Wot?

its almost as if I did not use the word NEVER... but oh well.

Sin%20t%c3%adtulo-min
joined Sep 28, 2011

Reading over this last chapter for about the 17th time, one thing has struck me: Takashima-sensei draws kissing really well. She really manages to convey the sensuality and the passion of kissing without veering into some of the very overused manga/hentai tropes like the rope of saliva connecting the two participants. The body language of Kase and Yamada while they are kissing feels very real to me in a way that a lot of other portrayals from other mangakas don't.

Agree with that. I was just admiring the kiss scene in I'll Send Her Home On the Last Train for similar reasons.

For a second there I caught myself thinking "...but Takashima isn't the author of I'll Send Her Home On the Last Train"....

God damn it, reading while sleep deprived sucks so much

joined Sep 2, 2016

They did it but it's still so pure!!!!
HOW?! ☆//_//☆

joined Feb 18, 2015

Happy to see they reached this point. I just wish that Yamada would've actually said "Yes" or something when Kase asked if they wanted to do it. It's not that I think she was forced into it or that she wasn't ready. She loves Kase and wanted to do more than kiss. But it woulda been nice for her to actually verbalize it.

Also wish that they both woulda said "I love you" or similar at some point. Woulda been nice and romantic, and it was the perfect time.

But, again, very satisfying nonetheless. Though I would like to see the continuing adventures of Tomoka and Yui after this.

Different cultures work differently. Affirmative consent is a very western concept, and even in the west is a very very recent concept. Many cultures even in the west still don't practice it. I wouldn't be so judging about it.

And, frankly, those smoldering eyes in the bottom right panel of page 10 are SCREAMING yes! (And Tomoka's track suit and bra got removed somehow, without Yui's bra coming off all the way. That really suggests that Tomoka didn't step back and undress. Otherwise Yui's bra would have fallen off. Nope, I think Yui was taking her cloths off for her... I think we the mangaka just skipped a few steps to keep things pg-13.)

Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

Yamada hardly ever communicated her thoughts and worries.

Wot?

its almost as if I did not use the word NEVER... but oh well.

Except I can go through several chapters and link where Yamada openly communicates her worries. Such as a few chapters later she explains to Kase why she doesn't like hanging out after a track competition after Kase finds out she wasn't there to celebrate her victory.

This one in particular happens early into their relationship and she practically yells her thoughts and worries. I think you are just wrong in your initial assessment, rereading the manga I have seen Yamada communicate plenty about what's bugging her.

Icon%20(4)
joined Jan 20, 2014

It's 23 chapters of a relationship that's over a year long, don't think it requires any more romance than what we got to build up to their first time. Most manga would have them going at it less than a month after agreeing to date with a lot less build up.

They have been dating for a year and are finally alone in a room that has zero chance of being interrupted by family, it's only natural what would happen.

But we are talking about Yamada, a person extremely shy who, even if like that kind of things, she's so embarrasing for making it, and then, Kase call her Yui and PUF, done, your virginity is mine bitch, muahahahaha. If Kase would could know that with calling by her name she could fuck, I think she'll do it in the last oportunities she had.
This chapter just broke how Yamada is, because even if a normal person did what you say, we are talking about a character in particular.

Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

But we are talking about Yamada, a person extremely shy who, even if like that kind of things, she's so embarrasing for making it, and then, Kase call her Yui and PUF, done, your virginity is mine bitch, muahahahaha. If Kase would could know that with calling by her name she could fuck, I think she'll do it in the last oportunities she had.
This chapter just broke how Yamada is, because even if a normal person did what you say, we are talking about a character in particular.

Except this is also not the first time Kase has tried it. The first time she was invited into Yamada's room she also just straight asked Yamada if they should do it. After some touching and a little freakout the mood was ruined by a phone call from her mom.

My heart.

Icon%20(4)
joined Jan 20, 2014

Except this is also not the first time Kase has tried it. The first time she was invited into Yamada's room she also just straight asked Yamada if they should do it. After some touching and a little freakout the mood was ruined by a phone call from her mom.

Yeah, I remember, for this I said "the last oportunities she had". But even in that double chapter, we see what I said. The mood was ruined because Yamada shock when kase touch her breasts and then, the call, the poor Kase wanted cry (and we all too x'D).
Even before this, Yamada need to search what it was.
Then, more, more, MORE romance (for put 3 examples of different chapters) and Yamada made this (and then this <3) when Kase told her of living together, and blush even with this but then, Kase call her Yui and even unbutton her bra and nothing happen. I feel in this last chapter something that someone told in this thread: this isn't their first time. Because that movements, that mix between embarras but know what you are doing, go for all but asking because you know that your girlfriend is pretty shy... Just can't think this is their first time, and for this the first time I read it I have to admit I get really mad xD but, thinking that this isn't their first time doing it feels more right and cute (maybe it's something weird at first but, if you think of it, you'll end thinking that way!)
Anyway, I just got and 6 in english and shouldn't debate in it x'D this manga, with their good and bad moments, it's pretty cute and romantic, and this is something like the 90% of us think ^^ so that is the important thing!

23519190_1784036034940610_3865802561690641399_n
joined Oct 4, 2016

Yeah, I remember, for this I said "the last oportunities she had". But even in that double chapter, we see what I said. The mood was ruined because Yamada shock when kase touch her breasts and then, the call, the poor Kase wanted cry (and we all too x'D).

Not quite. Yamada looked up hot girl-on-girl action AFTER her first aborted attempt at sex.

Yamada and Kase experience coitus interruptus in Chapter 13

Yamada looking up hot monkey sex in Chapter 14

Just can't think this is their first time, and for this the first time I read it I have to admit I get really mad xD but, thinking that this isn't their first time doing it feels more right and cute (maybe it's something weird at first but, if you think of it, you'll end thinking that way!)
Anyway, I just got and 6 in english and shouldn't debate in it x'D this manga, with their good and bad moments, it's pretty cute and romantic, and this is something like the 90% of us think ^^ so that is the important thing!

This comic has so far been about Yamada's experience. Yamada is the 3rd-person narrator, and the story chronicles important events in the development of her relationship with Kase. We have witnessed several romantic milestones in Yamada's relationship with Kase. First kiss, first serious lip-lock, first romantic rival, etc.

In that context, it simply doesn't make sense to have THE single most profound "first time" take place entirely offscreen, such that we only find out about it after the fact.

Aside from which, the way Kase asks "Wanna do it?", it isn't an experienced lover asking her equally experienced partner "Hey, wanna fool around again?" She's asking if Yamada is ready to Do the Do for the first time. And the way Yamada responds isn't the response of someone who's already had sex. She's surprised when Kase unhooks her bra. She would only be surprised by that if this was her first time.

joined Mar 21, 2017

Definitely their first time. Also Yamada has always been waiting for Kase to lead since their first attempt and this is only the second time we've seen Kase attempt to get more intimate. From what i remember.

Icon%20(4)
joined Jan 20, 2014

Not quite. Yamada looked up hot girl-on-girl action AFTER her first aborted attempt at sex.

Yamada and Kase experience coitus interruptus in Chapter 13

Yamada looking up hot monkey sex in Chapter 14

The scene of Yamada searching what two girls made beyond kissing made my day when that chapter go out x'D I put it in my last comentary, but I don't think they would have go all the way even if her mom didn't call her :( Yamada had no idea what Kase was doing. Other thing it's that even if not knowing what's going on, and yes Kase, they would done it x'D

Just can't think this is their first time, and for this the first time I read it I have to admit I get really mad xD but, thinking that this isn't their first time doing it feels more right and cute (maybe it's something weird at first but, if you think of it, you'll end thinking that way!)

This comic has so far been about Yamada's experience. Yamada is the 3rd-person narrator, and the story chronicles important events in the development of her relationship with Kase. We have witnessed several romantic milestones in Yamada's relationship with Kase. First kiss, first serious lip-lock, first romantic rival, etc.

In that context, it simply doesn't make sense to have THE single most profound "first time" take place entirely offscreen, such that we only find out about it after the fact.

Aside from which, the way Kase asks "Wanna do it?", it isn't an experienced lover asking her equally experienced partner "Hey, wanna fool around again?" She's asking if Yamada is ready to Do the Do for the first time. And the way Yamada responds isn't the response of someone who's already had sex. She's surprised when Kase unhooks her bra. She would only be surprised by that if this was her first time.

Well, If I had a girlfriend, we barely did it 2 or 3 times, she go for all and unbotton my bra I will be surprise too and Yamada didn't say anything, nor yes or no. I know it's weird if she doesn't put their first time, it's just that, for me, I can't get the vibe is their first time. The only thing that could make me think it's their first time is Kase calling her Yui, the rest it's more of a two lovers who haven't enought experience in doing it but know a litle about the other body. That's cute anyway.

last edited at Apr 4, 2017 10:29PM

joined Sep 2, 2015

:(

Rimg0054
joined Aug 22, 2016

Def. their first time. However, the author could have taken more time showing it.
As I said before, I don't even mean them "doing the do", but rather the lead-in could have had more panels; when did Kase's tracksuit jacket come off, how did she take over Yamada in terms of nekkidness, who undressed Kase (if we would have been shown Yamada tentatively lending a hand, that could have made a huge impact on how to read this scene)... As is, it feels as if a page or two were cut out before 'print'.

Sometimes less is more, but clearly we have these questions and differing interpretations, so in this case a little more elaboration (while still remaining tasteful) may have solved this discrepancy in advance. It is an artist's choice however. It's her characters and in the end we have to assume she knows them best.

However, from a narrative POV, at least to me, it's clear that this is their first time, that Yamada's devoted gazes are her non-verbally giving permission. ...and possibly Yamada's non-cotton-bloomers underwear are implication she was, in fact, ready :P

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Def. their first time. However, the author could have taken more time showing it.
As I said before, I don't even mean them "doing the do", but rather the lead-in could have had more panels; when did Kase's tracksuit jacket come off, how did she take over Yamada in terms of nekkidness, who undressed Kase (if we would have been shown Yamada tentatively lending a hand, that could have made a huge impact on how to read this scene)... As is, it feels as if a page or two were cut out before 'print'.

That's the beef i have with this chapter regardless of the first time debate, i'd definitively appreciate a remake in the same veins chapter 9 got, really didn't like the original chapter 9, it didn't explore the theme of the chapter enough and felt kinda in a hurry, i get the exact same vibes with this chapter
I mean, this time it's not an "issue" Yamada has to deal with, but it definitively deserves more time in the spotlight, even the aftermatch of the great battle almost made me question "wait, did that actually happen?" if it wasn't for Kase's silly face

Icon%20(4)
joined Jan 20, 2014

Sometimes less is more, but clearly we have these questions and differing interpretations, so in this case a little more elaboration (while still remaining tasteful) may have solved this discrepancy in advance. It is an artist's choice however. It's her characters and in the end we have to assume she knows them best.

That's exactly why I said that "I don't feel this is their first time", even if it was, that's not the point. I'm with you about a few more panels, without them I just feel that some argument get lost and that's sad :( even if is still cute, something like the examples you said made the story more alike at it was their first time. But well, this isn't the end of the story, and the author has her reasons to drawing it like this. We just can read and wait for more chapters.

last edited at Apr 5, 2017 2:58PM

I read Takashima-san's blog and it said she'd probably finish the next manga by June (my Japanese is absolutely shitty so I may be wrong though lol). I hope it doesn't take long to get translated and posted on here (please). I love Kase-san so much, just look at my profile picture. I came back to reread the last chapter, it brought me to tears even though​ I almost never cry reading manga. I know some have mentioned we could have more conflict going on besides Yamada's own insecurities, but I really like that their love has grown without major problems along the way.
Kase, to me, is fine waifu material. And I don't think the first time scene needed to be more detailed. I may be biased, but I think the last chapter was perfect.
I'm just bummed because we may never get an anime, but hope hasn't died yet.

Rsz_tumblr_n3y1mps9e11tr1hgao1_1280
joined Mar 16, 2017

I am curious, anyone know if this still has a long time to go before it is finished, will it be ending soon, or do we just not know? Honestly I was a bit sad at how much of a end of series vibe this most recent chapter gave off. haha this is a pretty good series and I am enjoying the lack of people butting into the relationship a lot so I am hopeful if it still has a long time before finishing that it stays that way, though college life I suppose has its issues that something like that being introduced might be inevitable if the series continues deeper into their college lives, especially with the heavy focus on Yamada's insecurities.

joined Mar 21, 2017

Yeah i'm curious too as to whether she has only planned for one more chapter or a few more to go in volume 4.

Yumi%20sachiko%20kiss%201
joined Apr 6, 2017

After reading these latest batch of comments I had to sign up to the site to say something.

The thing people don't seem to be getting is they have had a physical relationship for a long time. They might not have gone all the way till now but they have certainly done more than just plain kissing. Not counting the time in her bedroom there is the time on the school roof in ch 15 what happens after the bedroom chapter. Yui ends up giving Kase a hug holding Kase head against her chest then leading to them doing other stuff where you see Kase taking off her top and leaning over Yui before it cuts away. Another is Yamada's birthday where it ends with the line about doing the thing that Yamada likes but never says specifically what Kase is referring to. This implying it is something more than just kissing. Another thing is Yamada is physically attracted to Kase and she knows it. She has caught herself being transfixed on Kase breast and body more than once. She just isn't as blatantly obvious about it as Kase.

Yamada isn't the same person she was when the manga started. In the year she has been with Kase she has grown as a person. To be blunt she has probably had more life experiences in the time she has been with Kase than she has had for the majority of her life. She has gone from being a wreck just over the idea of Kase having had a gf before her and running away to instead standing up to the girl she thought was Kase ex and accepting it. She has stood up to her parents with her desire of going to school in Tokyo instead of staying home and going to the school her parents told her to. She has graduated high school moved away from her home town and out of her parents home and as it said she did it all on her own. Sure she still has her insecurities and can be a bit childish but along with it is a bit of maturity that she has developed and it shows.

In the end she is in a committed relationship with a girl she is deeply in love with. She is living on her own for the first time and making her own decisions and in her own place with true privacy for the first time. So ya if the mood was feeling right it was time and no reason for her to be freaking out like it is the first time they have ever touched each other as people seem to think.

A lot of these post are sounding like people being upset that they can't deny anymore that they had something besides the so called "pure" relationship that people get hung up on.

Dunno if it is just me who is seeing this but for some reason it is doing somethign weird with the font size and formatting that I don't know how to fix.

last edited at Apr 6, 2017 4:07AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.