Forum › What Does the Fox Say discussion

Screen%20shot%202017-09-05%20at%2014.18.21
joined Feb 4, 2017

I joined a Facebook group that says very clearly: they are not intrested in ship wars but focus on the Story! (How cool, right!)

DAMN.. I thought the story was directed to Adults.. but I saw there some serious issues and yeah there was no wars bcz they just blindly hate Seju (and the so called "real lesbians") and almost sending Sungji marriage proposals hehehehe... cracked me up, almost looked like high school kind of commentary

last edited at Apr 10, 2017 7:30AM

joined Mar 5, 2017

Hahahahaha xD

joined Aug 29, 2015

Seju is still with the main couple because WDTFS is a love triangle/healing story. imo it is actually good that the three main characters are finally interacting instead of separating them all throughout the series. besides, if Seju won't get involved with the main couple then there will be no more relevant plot to continue this manhwa and its not like Team Gaji can dedicate the third arc solely on Seju. I mean, how I wish but its not going to happen.

and Seju always have her signature poker face. for a person who live her entire life being ridicule for her existence, I'm sure anyone will develop their own coping mechanism. in theory lol I don't think Seju doesn't care about her safety. she is just not the type to force her needs and wants to anyone else. even when Sumin and her broke up. she didn't pester Sumin to come back to her instead she locked herself in her room. she just keeps everything to herself and it is a good sign that she finally found the strength to fought back her brother. I think a little more push and she can let go of Sumin without anymore regret. seriously its pathetic to see Seju picking up the pieces and be contented with what's left of Sumin's love for her. Seju is like a loyal servant to Sumin. no matter how badly her master treat her. she will always remained by her side lol

last edited at Apr 10, 2017 8:03AM

joined Aug 29, 2015

I joined a Facebook group that says very clearly: they are not intrested in ship wars but focus on the Story! (How cool, right!)

DAMN.. I thought the story was directed to Adults.. but I saw there some serious issues and yeah there was no wars bcz they just blindly hate Seju (and the so called "real lesbians") and almost sending Sungji marriage proposals hehehehe... cracked me up, almost looked like high school kind of commentary

I think most Seju fans like her a lot because of how she is the most well-written character with the most intriguing back story in WDTFS. If she was the typical crazy ex-gf, almost nobody will like her and she has too much redeeming qualities for a villain. imo Seju is a anti-villain character.

Sungji is likeable but she's too bland to get me invested in her character while I have love/hate tendency with Sumin. I didn't like that there's little doubt or resistance with the main couple's feelings for each other and there's more build up to their steamy scenes than adding more angles or plot to test the strength of their relationship. there's just little to look forward with the main couple story but they did great as a fan service couple. so I will give them that.

joined Feb 13, 2017

Seju is still with the main couple because WDTFS is a love triangle/healing story. imo it is actually good that the three main characters are finally interacting instead of separating them all throughout the series. besides, if Seju won't get involved with the main couple then there will be no more relevant plot to continue this manhwa and its not like Team Gaji can dedicate the third arc solely on Seju. I mean, how I wish but its not going to happen.

and Seju always have her signature poker face. for a person who live her entire life being ridicule for her existence, I'm sure anyone will develop their own coping mechanism. in theory lol I don't think Seju doesn't care about her safety. she is just not the type to force her needs and wants to anyone else. even when Sumin and her broke up. she didn't pester Sumin to come back to her instead she locked herself in her room. she just keeps everything to herself and it is a good sign that she finally found the strength to fought back her brother. I think a little more push and she can let go of Sumin without anymore regret. seriously its pathetic to see Seju picking up the pieces and be contented with what's left of Sumin's love for her. Seju is like a loyal servant to Sumin. no matter how badly her master treat her. she will always remained by her side lol

I just wanna beat my head off while thinking about Seju like that. It's freaking hurt!

Melxlynn2
joined Mar 4, 2017

I think most Seju fans like her a lot because of how she is the most well-written character with the most intriguing back story in WDTFS. If she was the typical crazy ex-gf, almost nobody will like her and she has too much redeeming qualities for a villain. imo Seju is a anti-villain character.

I'd agree if she had such backstory tbh. We've got more of Sumin's story than Seju's and Sumin's seems to be more interesting. Seju is another girl from rich family with serious problems... which happens pretty often.

Sungji is likeable but she's too bland to get me invested in her character while I have love/hate tendency with Sumin. I didn't like that there's little doubt or resistance with the main couple's feelings for each other and there's more build up to their steamy scenes than adding more angles or plot to test the strength of their relationship. there's just little to look forward with the main couple story but they did great as a fan service couple. so I will give them that.

Bland? Nope. She's young and yet able to stand against her boss when it comes to her own life an happiness. She's stubborn, but also compassionate. She knows what she wants, but she's not getting it by manipulations and toxic behaviour.

Sumin is simply unlucky. First she's lost her parents. Then her love. Then she got scarred by ex's bro because he wanted to curse her for the rest of her life. Then she enters toxic relationship of always coming back to Seju, broken and vulnerable, with Seju constantly wanting to make her hate her more and more every time. Then there's Sungji who wakes the old Sumin up, makes Sumin want to feel good once again in its pure form. So Seju does everything to first pair them, then break them, because this time it'd be the last nail to Sumin's coffin thanks to a powerful bond she shares with Sungji - last time she had it was over 10 years ago with no other but Seju herself. Thankfully, Sungji isn't Seju or even Sumin and forgave her. If she didn't, I'm almost sure Sumin would've commited a suicide at some point.

Capture_89_1
joined Apr 28, 2016

Seju is built to be hated, not suprised if there is debate about Seju =))))). But I agree that there is nothing special about Sungji to intrigue me =))))). She's nice, all around perfect girl anddddd alwayssssss on her best behavior in every moment =)))))), too perfect for my liking but isn't that how every typical protagonist is in their story =))))))? So I wont complain but she hardly gets me want to read more about her :).
Sumin is built to be the most pitiful among the three to get to readers' heart and her stories are supposed to be the beginning of everything. Would be normal if it will full of tragic events =))))))). If not, there would be no wdtfs =)))))))). But gradually, my liking towards her reduced alot each chap passed by, I sympathized her past but slowly, her actions make me wonder if she even deserves to get full happiness without regrets, without sadness? One thing I've noticed, the ball of decision is always in Sumin's hand in 10 years and still counting, with Seju and with Sungji, she decides everything on her own, and SejuxSungji let her decide. back to Seju to emotionally torture her, leave Seju for a better life, cheating Sungji by falling to Seju's trick, back to Sungji after cheating, its all from Sumin's decisions. People tend to blindly hate Seju cause they think she's the reason why Sumin did it but forget that the whole time it's also Sumin's actions and decisions to go with everything. Seju might initiate but she never be able to force Sumin to do anything she doesn't want. This is her own will.
Lastly, Seju, you might not agree with me and that's ok but if you look at her by just a mere supporting character to the main couple, Seju is quite an interesting third party. She's not good nor she's entirely bad. She's evil but always in her miserable own way. She's pathetic and pitiful but always hold her head high and full of pride. All in all, she got me cause I don't know her, back then, I'm not sure she's good or bad and she's playing between that line alot. I like that kind of character, a character who is complicated and you never fully understand her. I didn't know I should like her or hate her and I like that. I like the feeling of wanting to find out about this girl. Maybe that's why she's steadily become my favorite. She might be just a third character but for someone who just plays the antagonist role, Seju is built too flawlessly to not notice, a perfect antagonist who you can hate with all your heart but others also could really really like her and that is a big success for just an antagonistic role. Team Gaji has built one heck of an antagonist who gets love and hate from readers and its not easy to do it at all.

last edited at Apr 10, 2017 11:47AM

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

A good portion of the people who hate Seju is solely because of the fact that she slept with a man. I've seen this so much hate from these type of people last year, not only for Seju but for fans who like her character too. It's like, they preach how much they love pure characters like Sungji, yet they are the ones who are being hateful.

last edited at Apr 10, 2017 1:24PM

joined Mar 5, 2017

Just my curiosity:

For lesbians, how much/what is the difference between cheating with a man and cheating with a woman?

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

Just my curiosity:

For lesbians, how much/what is the difference between cheating with a man and cheating with a woman?

I doubt there is an answer. Prejudice?

joined Feb 4, 2017

Just my curiosity:

It looks like a double standard, I know ..but it can't be helped.
At least I have an idea on how I feel.. it is waaay more shocking with a man and shatters what I know about the other girl (sexual orientaion happens to play a big role of who we are).. the hurt of the cheat intensifies and how I look at the other girl.. it is an image that can not be forgotten.. and the insecurities also becomes a serious issue.. I can never trust her again.. bcz a man can offer many things that I can't.. it insulting as u think u will never satisfy her.. she wants a dick !
When it is with a girl, in my heart I could find a way to forgive her and even reasons to why she did it and we can try to fix the issues and build a trust again.. if with a man, it is very hard to even sexually desire her ever again

last edited at Apr 10, 2017 5:18PM

Little Bits Of Mini
Josuke
joined Nov 8, 2013

To me, it hurts all the same when you get cheated on, whether she was with a man or a woman. Some people might feel differently though. I'd be more upset by the idea that she slept with another girl she had feelings for versus a random guy. I'd still feel the same if it were reversed too. If she was obviously regretful, and knew she made a mistake, and you know she still does love you, then yes, I would forgive her even if she slept with a man. I don't understand why you could forgive her cheating with another girl, but not forgive her for cheating with a man. Seems kind of absurd in my opinion, and hypocritical. Haha, again, this all depends on the individual lesbian or bisexual's perspective.

joined Mar 5, 2017

Thank you. i prefer hearing it first hand from real les than google. :) i guess it's different for everybody.

joined Apr 27, 2016

I'm one lesbian myself and if I were to put myself in Sumin's shoes, the first thing I did would exactly like what she did, cut all ties with Seju but later on with how the story goes, I think I will forgive Seju even when she has cheated with a man, not a woman. Honestly, to me, the most important thing for a lesbian is finding someone who truly love you, it's not easy in this society, even for a normal love let alone lesbian love. So, no matter how twisted Seju's personality is, even the cheating is bad, her love for Sumin is real, too real and she indeed keep her promise of waiting. And for me, that's enough, as long as love is there, it's enough, especially when she spent years to redeem herself. It says alot. So put myself in Sumin's situation, I think I will forgive her, or at least give a second chance for her to prove herself again and absolutely not take 10 years for me to do that.
However, how one reacts to this kind of situation will be different sooo I dont know :)

last edited at Apr 11, 2017 1:37AM

joined Feb 4, 2017

nguyen_510
Since u brought up society, even though I live in Europe now, I came of a social back ground that is somewhat very close to the conservative Korean culture, we do not experiment sex with many partners and so is my girl friend .. even if we are in love for many years, she got married to a man by cultural forces .. I did not count it as a cheating.. but it took us both a while to heal.. she is a lesbian, and does not want to have children from him or sexually desired him so I did not feel insecured by him.. if she was attracted to him or had feelings for him, I would never have been able to forgive her no matter what.
Call it double standards or hypocrite.. I can not change how she and I feel towards this matter.
Now in Sumin/ Seju case, Sumin would have been able to forgive Seju maybe if the scarring did not happen given the reasons you mentined + how they are actually everything to each other in this world .. but then the trauma made her scared for life and truly angry.. I still belive that bcz it is a he, the emotional damage intensifies.
that strap-on scene, brings a very real memory to me in which I could totally understand how she felt that moment.

last edited at Apr 11, 2017 3:11AM

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

Do you guys think that Sumin has that double standard too?

joined Feb 4, 2017

^
I do.
At least at the moment she found out

last edited at Apr 11, 2017 2:58AM

joined Feb 4, 2017

Now that I remembered, many lesbians have negative feelings/ hesitation towards dating a bisexual girl even in open minded cultures.
That could say something as well.

joined Apr 27, 2016

Nora89
What I'm about to say is totally just my thoughts and feelings so I really hope I won't say anything that hurts you :).
I've never been in you case before so I can't know for sure how I would react but if I were about to imagine myself in your shoes, I personally think your situation is not about forgiveness cause like you said it's not a cheating but it's more like how you and her overcome the shadow of a bad situation, how to overcome the haunting thoughts of her being with someone else, not you. It's not about hatred, betrayal, it's more about insecurities and fears. You can't love someone whole-heartedly when you constantly thought "She's once like this with another man". You don't hate her but you will find it's hard to be with her. It will take time to work on it but I believe if both of you love each other enough, you will overcome it :). That's how I feel about this but like I said, I haven't experienced it myself so I'm sorry if I'm wrong :).

In SuminxSeju's case, it's different from yours, simply cause Seju indeed cheated on her with a man. So forgiveness is a must and after that, there are still alot of other work like building trust.... and I think in SuminxSeju's case, 10 years is more than enough to take the first step, aka forgiveness :), if it's just a year or months, I won't say I can forgive her cause that's too fast, but in SuminxSeju, it has been too long and Seju is still sticking around, it says alot so I sincerely give Seju a benefit of a doubt for that bad judgement

joined Apr 27, 2016

Do you guys think that Sumin has that double standard too?

I'm not so sure about this, cause from what I think, Sumin's hatred and anger is way too strong. There were too many tragic events happened continuously in a short span of time which might lead Sumin to react that way so I don't know for sure it's because it is a he or because she put full blame of what happened to her onto Seju's head and making it the reason for her to live on with hatred and anger. But one thing I know for sure, from my own lesbian perspective, Sumin's love for Seju is nothing compare to Seju's love for her :), and that's probably the reason why they couldn't work out :). Sumin might do love Seju but that love is never strong enough, not enough to go pass her hatred and anger even after 10 years :), while Seju literally could die for Sumin. SejuxSumin's kind of love can not be really long-lasting even in real life :), imo.

last edited at Apr 11, 2017 4:37AM

joined Feb 4, 2017

nguyen_510
I understand the difference between the situations, but I do have an idea on how I feel toward it.. specially in the begining, she never was with a man before, so I went through the possibility of her maybe enjoying being with him.. and in that case it is no longer forced but an actual cheating..
Anyway, even though I knew it was forced, it took me long to heal.
I understand that Seju was drunk (and I still think she was not consentent as many panels suggest) and I also understand the deep insequirities that comes as a lesbian whos partner slept with a man
Maybe that is why Sumin was taking revenge by sleeping with others and let Seju hear the moans..
Him being a man is not the only or the biggest reason.. but a huge part of the disappointment and shock

last edited at Apr 11, 2017 4:51AM

joined Apr 27, 2016

Oh, and about SungjixSumin XD, it's funny like this: I've never doubted Seju's love for Sumin (maybe because of 10 years of waiting in agony XD) but I have so many doubts about this supposed to be main couple XD. I cant name it but when I read the manhwa, I constantly feel they lack of something XD, something that makes me think they are meant to be. Is their love strong enough? Do they love each other with all their hearts? Serious things happened and here they are still so okay? And the most important question of them all, will Sumin be able to forgive Sungji if Sungji accidentally sleeps with a man? Will her love for Sungji be enough for her to forgive Sungji?
You might constantly say you love each other but through difficult times, bad judgement, arguments and sad times, that's how you sharpen your love and have long-lasting relationships and the core of it is love XD. SungjixSumin, I don't find it in them XD, maybe cause they solve the hell of cheating like drinking water, so easy. XD

joined Aug 29, 2015

The main couple is lacking in something but I can't pinpoint it. Its feels like they skip the whole getting to know each other, the confusion and hesitation of falling in love phase and already move on as the happy ending couple. Out of all the yuri couples I've read. Sungji and Sumin had it easy and its one of the reason why I can't get myself to love them as a couple. I can't get the "feels" in them.

I think a part of Seju blames herself for how miserable Sumin's life has become and she feels terrible and responsible for it. I never doubted her love for Sumin but it might be one of the reason why she can't let go of her. There's just too much regrets and what if's in their relationship. Seju and Sumin is "the one that got away" to each other. but right now I couldn't care less about Sumin. I just really want Seju to be paired with another female character by the end of WDTFS. I wouldn't mind spending money on a WDTFS spin-off about Seju and her new love interest. I will certainly buy both the digital and physical copy.

last edited at Apr 11, 2017 10:05AM

joined Mar 5, 2017

The main couple is lacking in something but I can't pinpoint it. Its feels like they skip the whole getting to know each other, the confusion and hesitation of falling in love phase and already move on as the happy ending couple. Out of all the yuri couples I've read. Sungji and Sumin had it easy and its one of the reason why I can't get myself to love them as a couple. I can't get the "feels" in them.

Couldn't agree more. For me, I never felt the "fluffy feeling" between them. That cotton candy scene when seju and sumin were still young was very simple yet you could feel they were nervous, ecstatic, awkward etc. That same feeling was i think, for me, the part that was missing in the beginning of main couple's relationship.

I couldn't care less about seju in the early chapters and was just focused on sungji but as i went on, i fell inlove with sumin and seju's story.

last edited at Apr 11, 2017 10:53AM

Youtubewatermarksmall
joined Mar 24, 2015

True true. I sort of feel like, as sad as it is, that Sumin is just with Sungji because she's tired of the years and years of stress from her relationship with Seju. It seems like it was emotionally and psychologically taxing to be near her, and once Sumin found an out she took it.
Now that things have come to a turning point with Seju and her family, it'll be interesting to see what Sumin does since she still has such a close connection with her.
I always felt, even with the cheating, that the way the conversations were translated between Sumin and Seju were always more personal and intimate than the ones between Sumin and Sungji.
I guess what I really mean is that I have no clue what's gonna happen. Who'll end up together (if anyone), who'll be the one doing the damage and who'll be the one receiving it? Ah. I really can't tell.

To reply you must either login or sign up.