Forum › Story of Rain discussion

LumberingCrane
Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

Shouldn't this be tagged with spoilers since the first page even has a spoiler alert message?

joined Nov 27, 2016

I have no idea what this is, so I'm very confused
On the bright side im not sure what was spoiled

A85b3543-23b0-436a-a1a7-7ef9eb4e7778
joined Apr 30, 2016

Well, I only watched all the endings so I think I know what was spoiled, http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/story_of_rain#2 was the only page being spoiled anyways. And Shįt, Arnice got friend zoned

last edited at Mar 18, 2017 11:04PM

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

It's a game that came out on steam recently - Nights of Azure - It has yuri or at least heavy subtext I heard - but It is only the first half of the story? So I want to wait till part 2 comes out - it probably ends on a cliffhanger.

I think it came out years ago in Japan - not sure what platform/s but only now in English.

It's not vn but an action rpg I think?

Sensei
joined Nov 28, 2011

It's a game similar to Bayonetta in terms of combat. It was released in NA last year on PS4. It's okaaay. Nothing too special. The story also just throws you into the whole thing without any proper explanations or anything so you're left scratching your head for the most part.

Pikachuwhat
joined Mar 13, 2014

I've never played the game so I don't have a clue what's going on here, but what I do know the game has an awesome soundtrack.

Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

It's a game that came out on steam recently - Nights of Azure - It has yuri or at least heavy subtext I heard - but It is only the first half of the story? So I want to wait till part 2 comes out - it probably ends on a cliffhanger.

I think it came out years ago in Japan - not sure what platform/s but only now in English.

It's not vn but an action rpg I think?

If I remember correctly, it came out on PS3 and PS4 in Japan but only on the PS4 (and the PC now) in the US and Europe.

Dnasty
joined May 14, 2013

B L E S S THIS RELEASE

Sorry I can't say anything else. LOL

Edit

The English release does use "Lily" as equivalent to リュリュ. And the spoiler tags should be just for 'Any normal ending, except for True Ending.' This is coming from someone who finished the game and watched all endings.

last edited at Mar 18, 2017 11:58PM

Cryssoberyl Uploader
Booklet1-high-pink-experiment
Zefiberyl Translations
joined Apr 11, 2011

It has yuri or at least heavy subtext I heard - but It is only the first half of the story? So I want to wait till part 2 comes out - it probably ends on a cliffhanger.

That's not the case. The game is a complete story, and while it has multiple endings, some of which are quite sad, the "true end" is quite happy and complete. In fact, you should be able to infer what happens from this doujin. In any case, the game is strongly yuri, and well worth playing on that basis. I enjoyed it thoroughly.

Thanks for this release, Motto Yuri.

last edited at Mar 19, 2017 2:00AM

__nagato_naka_souryuu_and_yamashiro_kantai_collection_drawn_by_nagomi_mokatitk__05ee9f9b82bc5bde98628ad3a6cc492e_cr
joined Dec 30, 2013

Goddammit FINALY! Thanks, guys, for this beautiful thing!

Ss%20(2013-06-03%20at%2007.40.38)
joined Aug 23, 2014

I've been wondering where all the fan stuff for NoA were

Fox_paw_tribal
joined Feb 25, 2013

I played this game to completion on my PS4 over Christmas. I even have the platinum trophy for it - my first ever! XD Anyway, this doesn't really "spoil" much, as far as plot goes, but it's a cute piece nonetheless.

As for NoA's second part, I think it's more of a "many year later" sequel with different characters and is currently in development.

Hinataskype
joined May 26, 2011

This was cute, makes me want to pick up the game again.

I enjoyed NoA, I liked the battle system and characters but the plot was a bit choppy for me and could have been better laid out I think, it was also incredibly short even with the side missions. But there's also a sequel- not direct, as it has an entirely different cast- coming out in the near future for Japan at least and is still set to feature yuri as a main point of interest between the characters.

Img_20191208_235120
joined Nov 14, 2015

It was pretty yuri for me and not only subtext. I mean there was love confession and the whole thing. ^^

The plot was not that good but it's an interesting game. But a little bit expensive for such a short game. ^^

Muveil22
joined Feb 26, 2017

B L E S S THIS RELEASE

Sorry I can't say anything else. LOL

Edit

The English release does use "Lily" as equivalent to リュリュ. And the spoiler tags should be just for 'Any normal ending, except for True Ending.' This is coming from someone who finished the game and watched all endings.

Ah thanks, I missed that!

Spoiler is only for the second page and personally I wouldn't read this stuff when I didn't know anything about the characters and game. For example the rain is a reference to the blood rain and you'll only appreciate Arnice x Lilysse so much when you've actually played the game.

Also, more will come later. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

But there's also a sequel- not direct, as it has an entirely different cast- coming out in the near future for Japan at least and is still set to feature yuri as a main point of interest between the characters.

I really hope so, there are barely any non-VN games with yuri as a main focus.

last edited at Mar 19, 2017 8:19AM

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

It was pretty yuri for me and not only subtext. I mean there was love confession and the whole thing. ^^

The plot was not that good but it's an interesting game. But a little bit expensive for such a short game. ^^

''The plot was not that good'' SAY WHAT?

Sakura Cartelet
Nights%20of%20azure%20avatar
joined May 28, 2016

Maybe they were expecting something more epic like is typical for Final Fantasy games which this game isn't. Personally the only problem I had with the game was its somewhat subpar gameplay. I've heard that the sequel addresses some of the issues with the gameplay though.

732535__safe_anthro_vinyl%20scratch_octavia_dj%20pon-dash-3_octavia%20melody_artist-colon-theyoungreaper1
joined Mar 14, 2016

I said it earlier in the games thread so I'll say it again. Yes, there is actual yuri in the game, in fact the entire story revolves around their relationship. And not in the generic, angsty "B-b-but we're both girls" plot, there's actually much more at stake for the sake of their relationship. It's actually pretty refreshing to have a game be that open about a same-sex relationship in general.

As for the gameplay, yes, it is similar to other spectacle fighters like Bayonetta or Devil May Cry, but it doesn't flow anywhere near as well as those games. In fact, being a Koei-Techmo game it's more akin to the Dynasty Warriors games, but even then you don't have to deal with as many enemies on screen at the same time. It's like the game wants to be both those types of games but in the end fails at being either. It's not terrible, just a tad on the repetitive side.

And as for the doujin, before I ramble on again, I was just surprised to see one here. The game has basically zero recognition in NA and as far as I know is pretty obscure in Japan as well. And as for spoilers... kind of? Actually, the doujin is so vague that it's probably just gonna confuse anyone that hasn't played the game, much less finish it.

last edited at Mar 19, 2017 11:46AM

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

It has yuri or at least heavy subtext I heard - but It is only the first half of the story? So I want to wait till part 2 comes out - it probably ends on a cliffhanger.

That's not the case. The game is a complete story, and while it has multiple endings, some of which are quite sad, the "true end" is quite happy and complete. In fact, you should be able to infer what happens from this doujin. In any case, the game is strongly yuri, and well worth playing on that basis. I enjoyed it thoroughly.

Thanks for this release, Motto Yuri.

Thanks for the info :)

Some other posters say a NOA 2 is due out soon so that is probably what I heard - and assumed it carried on the same story - but they say its years later with new characters so I guess I will buy this asap :)

joined Mar 25, 2013

Some other posters say a NOA 2 is due out soon so that is probably what I heard - and assumed it carried on the same story - but they say its years later with new characters so I guess I will buy this asap :)

NoA 2 has been delayed for now and there's no release date. As for when it takes place, it's hundreds of years later. And (read for a minor spoiler if you want) Arnice and another character from the first game show up in the sequel.

Smollmboye
joined Sep 25, 2013

I feel like the plot of NoA was too vague to have any kind of emotional significance. Suffered from bad localisation, I think.

joined May 26, 2016

But there's also a sequel- not direct, as it has an entirely different cast- coming out in the near future for Japan at least and is still set to feature yuri as a main point of interest between the characters.

actually so far arnice is making a return in the game 2nd one and from what I saw it looks like she is going to be an antagonist

last edited at Mar 21, 2017 5:09PM

Fox_paw_tribal
joined Feb 25, 2013

actually so far arnice is making a return in the game 2nd one and from what I saw it looks like she is going to be an antagonist

This is kind of going into spoiler territory and might be better suited for the game discussion board? I'm not a Mod so it's not my call, but maybe just in case someone doesn't want anything spoiled for the next installment?

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Well, since I was invoked I'll say it's not too bad to have the discussion here although the game discussion would probably be better. No need to move stuff that's already here though.

However, spoilers should be tagged as such, especially for major events. If people could take care of that in their posts, I'd really appreciate that.

32104671_1715652908533240_2109611648586088448_n
joined Jul 30, 2015

wuhu I played that game! Platin because of Yuri! xD

To reply you must either login or sign up.