Forum › Shells and AlternaRock discussion

Tiny%20melon
joined Oct 17, 2014

Seo is only 18? Wasn't the legal smoking age in japan 20....and Seo looked like such a good kid too

Johanliebert
joined Dec 15, 2015

"I won't fall in love with you"

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

joined Aug 28, 2016

Seo is only 18? Wasn't the legal smoking age in japan 20....and Seo looked like such a good kid too

It's true that the legal age to drink and smoke in Japan is 20, but from what I've heard from people who've lived there, the laws are poorly enforced.

Untitled%203
joined Feb 3, 2013

I once had an office job similar to that of Makino, reviewing work of others, so can't help but think "I'm sorry you might call this annoying, but iit's usually called doing your goddamn job". Specially since the complaint on ranting on this seems to me like she's explaining how to do things and why they're important, and they don't care shit to listen.

last edited at Feb 25, 2017 5:31PM

Well i got the creeps with those big round fish eyes too... XD

joined Dec 18, 2014

I think one of the best things about this manga are the characters eyes.
No Idea why but I just love them.

Nep
joined Apr 28, 2016

lame
1/10

002%20-%20acchi%20kocchi%20-%20tsumiki%20miniwa
joined Mar 20, 2017

Interesting start

joined Aug 10, 2016

wait was that the whole book?

59453ac1563a3102b9b5731298ad55a7
joined Aug 31, 2014

i have a feeling i'm going to hate the President, just the tone she used on her self assurance makes me furious.

joined Feb 23, 2016

Wooottttt

last edited at May 30, 2017 11:18PM

Heihtzz
joined Oct 16, 2016

I'm trying really hard to enjoy this manga but I have no idea what the hell is going on.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

I'm trying really hard to enjoy this manga but I have no idea what the hell is going on.

Makino is an extreme introvert married to her job, resulting in borderline anti-social attitudes and behavior (she is the "shellfish" of the title). Makoto is a chill future (alterna)rockstar who part-times at Makino's company for the money, and falls in love with her. Makino doesn't know how to deal with it, as she (like any good introvert) hates changes to the status quo, but on the other hand, (like any normal human) yearns for emotional closeness. The president's role is still unclear: as Makino's old school friend, she may be trying to protect her from potential trauma, or she may be just messing with both of them for shits and giggles.

last edited at May 31, 2017 1:49AM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Felloffalot posted:

Its like there are several days between each events but not really, I find it confusing too, the transitions.
But then again, the second chapter is a whole volume so we're missing the pauses/breaks from each mini chapter by putting it all together.

Still... I like it, except for that kiss, that came out of nowhere and I wanted to know what was going through her mind in that moment.

Qndkfwtexmw51%20-%20kopie
joined May 20, 2014

http://imgur.com/a/njNBx I forgot to add the credit page :/

Img-20190201-wa0005
joined Sep 21, 2015

Faster, deeper, stronger! I want more of this manga as soon as possible xD

joined Jul 18, 2015

Ah, the company president trope. Not a fan of that one, I'd rather have the characters themselves move the plot forward. Suddenly introducing a 3rd wheel that ads friction for plot progression is just lazy writing in my opinion.

Cool%20shit
joined May 7, 2017

uh oh

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Bloodwork posted:

Ah, the company president trope. Not a fan of that one, I'd rather have the characters themselves move the plot forward. Suddenly introducing a 3rd wheel that ads friction for plot progression is just lazy writing in my opinion.

But maybe she's just a nice friend who wants her grumpy friend to be happy again...

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Bloodwork posted:

But maybe she's just a nice friend who wants her grumpy friend to be happy again...

So basically the friend from Now Loading, except she comes off as slightly sinister.

joined Feb 18, 2015

Bloodwork posted:

So basically the friend from Now Loading, except she comes off as slightly sinister.

Exactly. That and saying that Makino "isn't the kind of girl who can have those feelings," is kind of dismissive. Sure, it says she's hung around with her since middle school and maybe that indicates that she knows a lot about her. Perhaps she thinks Makino is asexual or something. But something certainly caused her to get upset when she thought of getting broken up with when she was out drinking with Seo in the chapter 1.5. It seems like it isn't quite that she is not able to fall in love. (Or that she is only able to fall in love with guys, I'd guess.)

Well, I look forward to more of this. I find the characters interesting.

Your_hair_has_gotten_longer_by_folksneedheroes-d5l5v69
joined Apr 23, 2015

Really enjoying this, even if the transitions were a little confusing at times. Watching the older woman navigate this relationship is sooooooo much fun.

Capture%20_2018-03-05-21-59-51~2_resized
joined Apr 28, 2016

Its like there are several days between each events but not really, I find it confusing too, the transitions.

Phew, I thought it was just me.

But then again, the second chapter is a whole volume so we're missing the pauses/breaks from each mini chapter by putting it all together.

I think it's more than that. I found myself being disoriented by scene transitions not only between pages, but sometimes in the middle of a page.

last edited at May 31, 2017 2:56PM

joined Oct 17, 2016

Feels a bit rushed, but I like Rock, so Ill stay anyway. ^^

To reply you must either login or sign up.