Forum › A Lifeform in Puberty - Vega discussion

palakangorange
Witch
joined Feb 24, 2013

unexpectedly cute, just the right mix of innocence and perversity. lol

Bryn_120
joined May 9, 2011

Have I gone completely bonkers or weren't there more chapters to this story at one point?

I can't seem to find it anywhere now, but I remember reading something, same characters with some old girlfriend of Vega's showing up.

DigitalCooper
06198ea848e13a290fe7a6a3314d5a8c
joined Feb 1, 2013

I am hopelessly in love with this manga.

joined Nov 30, 2011

Was reorganizing my lists and came across this one which I haven't read in a while and now I remember why I put it in my lists:

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/a_lifeform_in_puberty_vega#23

"Come and get it" - A line that definitely needs to be used more often for kissing scenes imho.

last edited at Oct 15, 2013 7:43PM

Rsz_1rsz_1rsz_1rsz_2r001
joined Dec 14, 2011

Have I gone completely bonkers or weren't there more chapters to this story at one point?

I can't seem to find it anywhere now, but I remember reading something, same characters with some old girlfriend of Vega's showing up.

This is actually a prelude to the series that you are talking about. The name of the original series is Puberty Organism Vega and it ended at one volume with a drama cd released as well. i managed to find chapter one in spanish and chapter two in japanese and the drama cd tracks in japanese. It would amazing if someone could translate the original series since it seems to have a good premise.

Icon-2
joined Sep 24, 2013

"Perform the landing of the Apollo 11 also known as your lips on the surface of the moon also known as mine."
...Amazing.

Ghost in the Shell
Gits_avatar_klein
joined Jul 30, 2013

I hope someone will eventually scanlate the rest of this. Until now I didn't even know there was more Vega.
Here's hope. :)

AquarianDemocrat
Retry
joined Jan 23, 2012

I hope someone will eventually scanlate the rest of this. Until now I didn't even know there was more Vega.

Ehhhhhh… the rest seems really lame. This oneshot is awesome though. Truth be told, I think I would have been happier not knowing about the sequel.

FlameHazeKatsu
Img_1342
joined Feb 5, 2013

heh, like it but i would have preferred if i saw that kiss! :p

Ejej
joined Aug 24, 2014

This has got to be one of the cutest oneshots I've ever read!!

Untitled102_20231004232707
joined Mar 26, 2014

One of the best things I've read! Thank you! Also sequel? Pretty please??

Toffee%20copy%202
joined Jan 2, 2014

if only I wasn't helplessly incompetent then I would do it so now let us pray to the yuri goddess for some to scan this

last edited at Aug 14, 2016 11:28PM

joined Feb 18, 2015

There is a new chapter out for it! Someone did at least one more...

last edited at Mar 3, 2017 11:52AM

joined Mar 26, 2014

Yesss! This. Is. A. Series!!
Oh my gosh!?! Awesome!! (^ω^)b
Lol I remember reading it and hoping it would get a squeal but this! This is even better!!

last edited at Mar 4, 2017 12:22AM

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

w-what, there is more of this???

Tonarinorobot_ch06_17
joined Jun 15, 2014

it's been 3000 years...

joined Mar 26, 2014

Damn you mystery woman!? XP

joined Oct 26, 2016

lol I've never seen a six year update before. Interesting story so far.

Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

Ah, nice to see this again after so long. Though I do have to wonder... was it picked up again after 6 years of inactivity or did Hayashiya Shizuru just randomly decide to go back to writing it one day?

You know, what's that "super-gross and incestuous" joke that's mentioned in Editor's Note 1? I haven't watched Kashimashi yet, but I wasn't aware that it had any incest.. or incest jokes as it were. Anyone know what the original joke was?

joined Apr 15, 2013

Oh man, I've been waiting years for this. I'm legit super psyched right now.

This
joined Jan 17, 2017

Time to get serious

joined Sep 11, 2014

A bit of typo here and there, but at least it's back! And it was worth the wait!

Mika-icon
joined Jan 31, 2013

Ah, nice to see this again after so long. Though I do have to wonder... was it picked up again after 6 years of inactivity or did Hayashiya Shizuru just randomly decide to go back to writing it one day?

You know, what's that "super-gross and incestuous" joke that's mentioned in Editor's Note 1? I haven't watched Kashimashi yet, but I wasn't aware that it had any incest.. or incest jokes as it were. Anyone know what the original joke was?

This was just picked back up by translators. The whole thing's been out in a tank since 2013 Amazon Japan link
The original text on page 11 is as follows:
協力したげなさい ありさ
父さんは心広いよ
As far as I can tell, it reads something like "Please cooperate Arisa. Father has an open mind"
I didn't quite catch the incestuous-ness when I first read it since my Japanese isn't that great, but I have seen Kashimashi, and the dad super pervs on his child, saying he always wanted a girl and wanting to get affection from her and do things like bathe together.
For those who don't know, Kashimashi is a comedy/drama/romance about a guy that gets turned into a girl because he got hit by a spaceship and the aliens couldn't reconstruct him properly.

joined Aug 11, 2014

If I had to guess, it was probably him going "Aw yeah, yuri, niiiiiiice, hit that thang :)" or similar, over his own daughter.

Edit: Oh, actual translation, that's handy. Certainly seems more subtle than my guess? Not sure I would've caught any weirdness from what it sounds like, at least.

last edited at Mar 4, 2017 1:50AM

joined Mar 4, 2017

Hell. I am the person who actually did the scanlation of this series. I actually did this 3 years ago, and released it to /u/ but nobody seemed to like the job I did. A group I'm involved with called "You're Welcome Scans" offered to release it for me, so I handed them off to them... and now it's here.

I'm willing to do the other two chapters, I have the raws, I just need a TL.

last edited at Mar 4, 2017 1:56AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.