Forum › Posts by Deglorath

Deglorath
Bryn_120
joined May 9, 2011

Hey y'all, I've been trying to download a few things again, trying to get back into the habit of keeping copies of series I really like.

When I try to download a chapter, I am able to download one, but after that I get an error where clicking download chapter leads my browser (Firefox) to try and download a "download" link, and after hitting cancel, I get a notice about the download limit of 8 chapters per day, despite only downloading one.

What should I be doing to fix this, or is it just how things are for now?

Bryn_120
joined May 9, 2011

Title failed succcessfully!

Bryn_120
joined May 9, 2011

Fun update, though it looks like chap 6.1 got placed before 5.1 and 5.2, just fyi.

Bryn_120
joined May 9, 2011

Hmm, does anyone know if there are any missing pages? It seems so abrupt this chapter (35).

Deglorath
Bryn_120
joined May 9, 2011

Just making a note that Chapter 2's pages are out of order, probably because of the way it's numbered.

Deglorath
Bryn_120
joined May 9, 2011

Chapter 4 and 5 seem to be linked in reverse, just fyi.

Chapter 6 is probably one of my favorite so far.

Bryn_120
joined May 9, 2011

Canceled due to tracing? Fuck yeah.

And this is part of why my love for American comics is gone. In Japan, you even get accused of tracing, you're done. In the US if you're caught blatantly tracing, you're the hottest name in comics (yeah, I'm looking at you Greg Land).

With that said, I've got to agree with the last few posts, this whole "End the story on the confession" is getting old. That's why Prism was such a great read, because it went beyond that and showed the ramifications of being gay (especially in Japan).

I can definitely agree with that, I wish more stories would go beyond the confession phase. There are some certainly, Aoi Hana and Hanjuku Joshi for instance. But it would be nice if there were more of them.

Oh well, still this was a good story while it lasted, maybe we'll get an epilogue.

Bryn_120
joined May 9, 2011

Have I gone completely bonkers or weren't there more chapters to this story at one point?

I can't seem to find it anywhere now, but I remember reading something, same characters with some old girlfriend of Vega's showing up.

Bryn_120
joined May 9, 2011

Hey folks, my apologies if this was posted already, but has there been any discussion of a Multi-Tag search function? Not exactly a necessity, but it would be nice given the ever expanding library of Dynasty Reader.

So, thoughts?

Is it already in the works or shot down?

How much Yuri would it take to cause Fred Phelps to implode?

Deglorath
Girl's Ride discussion 24 May 21:12
Bryn_120
joined May 9, 2011

Thanks for your kind words, Silveda! I really like the feel of Girl's Ride, too.

Same from me Lililicious, y'all are where I started reading yuri manga years ago, thanks for all your hard work! :)

Deglorath
Bryn_120
joined May 9, 2011

You never know what they're going to make into a romance next. o_o

Deglorath
My Steady discussion 13 May 18:30
Bryn_120
joined May 9, 2011

Really cute, I like this, the 'how they met' portion seems almost straight out of Asagi Ryuu's "I fell in love for the first time", too bad it's only a one-shot, would be nice to see more.

Bryn_120
joined May 9, 2011

I am so confused right now!!! ... Maybe I should pay more attention to the news posts. >.> ... votes anyways

First line of the OP in this... sigh.

Ohh, I see it now, actually I really did not see it before, maybe I'm just psychologically incapable of reading bold text... Or I wasn't paying attention, probably more of the latter.

Deglorath
Bryn_120
joined May 9, 2011

... Ahahahahahaha!!! explodes
It's not going to be my favorite series or anything, but it's funny none-the-less. xD

Bryn_120
joined May 9, 2011

I am so confused right now!!! ... Maybe I should pay more attention to the news posts. >.> ... votes anyways

Deglorath
Bryn_120
joined May 9, 2011

Okay, I really like this series as well, interesting concept and cute story telling. But... does anyone know if this is supposed to be connected to anything else? There's so little about the world around these characters in these chapters, does it have a connection elsewhere?

Deglorath
Bryn_120
joined May 9, 2011

I was in on the paying thing even after reading some of the posts. I then realized April Wait, April Fools. x) Got me good.
Deglorath who posted April 1, 2013 1:30am and joined May 9, 2011 are you the same person I see on The Yuri Cannons DA site and Tumbler? On there I am Smithca 1988.

Heh, hey there, yeah that would be me. :)

Deglorath
Bryn_120
joined May 9, 2011

last year was a beast too. as I remember it was a change from yuri to yaoi completely? someone remind me

You are completely correct, they still use one of the banners from that time, so great. xD

Ya know, thinking about it, I wouldn't mind at all having the option to make monthly donations, but it's hard to say who I would want this to go to. With scans coming in from all over... Maybe we just need a yuri 'humble bundle' so we can designate just who we want our money to go to, heh.

Deglorath
Bryn_120
joined May 9, 2011

This would have been a lot better if it wasn't for all the jumping from place to place, which it seemed to do in odd places... Oh well, still a very nice read, and much longer than a lot of other one-shots, too bad it isn't a series, could have drawn out the story quite a bit, added more detail, etc.

Deglorath
Bryn_120
joined May 9, 2011

And here I almost forgot about April Fools. >.> Well played Dynasty, well played.

Deglorath
Girl's Ride discussion 13 Feb 13:11
Bryn_120
joined May 9, 2011

The last three chapters are not scanlated yet. The tankoubon was released back in November so hopefully Lililicous will get around some time to finish up the series.

The next chapter is in edit but it might take a while for the editor to finish it unfortunately.

Ah thank you very much, just some knowledge about whether or not it was still being worked on is enough to set my mind at ease.

Deglorath
Girl's Ride discussion 11 Feb 17:38
Bryn_120
joined May 9, 2011

I would hope this is not the end, given that the series is completely without an 'end'. By finished do you mean that it has been cancelled or that it's over but we don't have any translations available? Looking on Lililicious' website shows that they have planned to scan any further releases of the series (such as the web comics from Tsubomi's website) but there have been no releases in quite a while.

Deglorath
Girl's Ride discussion 10 Feb 07:57
Bryn_120
joined May 9, 2011

Does anyone have any idea whether or not this series has been suspended? I did not see it listed on Tsubomi's web comic page.

Deglorath
Bryn_120
joined May 9, 2011

New reader seems good so far, though I do have one question, will you be re-adding the links to various scan groups websites as were there previously? I liked being able to check out each group's website easily from here if I enjoyed their translations particularly.